News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

detourne_me's skinning attempts

Started by detourne_me, December 05, 2013, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Hello all,
I thought I should start up a skins thread, as I'm trying to get back in the skinning game.  A big thank you for all the inspiration from everyone, and especially to Murs47 and Tomato for releasing their base skins as psd files.  That has really jump started my skinning again.

Well, here's a guy to open this thread, another unwanted character, X-Statix' El Guapo!

Credit goes to Cyber Burn for his Skateboarder skope.
Grenadier, Tomato and Renegade for the meshes and keyframes.
And of course 90% of the reason why it looks good is because of the base skins by Murs and Tomato.

AfghanAnt

Whut! It is great to see you skinning! And this is a really good skin.

laughing paradox

Give yourself a little more credit than that!

El Guapo looks great, man. I really hope you continue to skin and don't hesitate to ask me.. or anyone on here!.. for some skinning advice if you ever need it.

By the way, I really like how you did the hair on the side of his head.

Deaths Jester

Great work Detourtne-me...seems the obscure and unwanted characters are taking over.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

:thumbup: Glad to see that skope getting some use. Very nice skin as well. The base skins are a great tool, but the color and line work are all you, and both are well done.

Podmark

Now that's a good looking skin. Not familiar with most of the X-Statix characters but good job.
If I may suggest, try taking the burn tool (that's Photoshop, not sure what it's equivalents might be) and run it along the bottom of the logo where the shadows of the chest are. Helps to blend it with the costume.

Really happy to see you skinning Det!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ohh my gosh...that's a skateboarder...you have a skateboarder right there. 

That's a lovely skin, but I just about can't get over the fact that Mondo Gecko is actually possible!  ^_^

That's really wonderful work on the face, DM.  I'm not familiar with him at all, but nice job!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Starman

I loved Pete Milligan's X-Statix run ... it's great to see such a well-executed El Guapo!

vorelliwiseau

Nice work on the hair and face, detourne_me! Very, very detailed.

windblown

Very nice skin DM!! I really like it.

detourne_me

Well, I've got a few more skins coming down the pipeline,  I was super excited by Guardians of the Galaxy, so here's the first one that I'll be releasing.

laughing paradox

windblown

Podmark

Great job on Drax. The tattoos look nice.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

detourne_me

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Here's my interpretation of Star Lord. I'm still not sure what I want to do with his helmet yet,  leave it as is or attempt a wraparound thing. and adjust the keyframes more.

Outcast

Oooohh....very nice. I like Starlord. Really looks like the one from the movie.  :cool: or from the comics as well.  :wacko: :blink:

murs47

spydermann93

I am loving these, DM!

Rocket, Drax, Starlord; all of them look great! :thumbup:

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

detourne_me

Thanks for the support guys!
I couldn't remember how terrible I am at skinning females, so I've got a lot more work to do before I could preview some more.
In the meantime, here's another version of Star-Lord.
Spoiler
Available soon!

windblown

I really like all of those Starlords  :thumbup:

Podmark

I love that Starlord!
I really miss that look. The new ones aren't as cool.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Starlord(s!) look amazing! Great job on them!

detourne_me

I've never seen a skin, or even a request for this guy... so I gave it a shot:

Still a WIP, but I'm nearly done.... I'm really looking fro a gauntlet shaped like this though:

Any ideas?