News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FX creation request

Started by Randomdays, December 11, 2013, 05:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

I'm asking for someone to make a quick fx for the Christmas project I'm working on - not major but would add some fun to it.

I'm looking for a simple fx of those sucker darts that the kids guns use that stick to the wall when you shoot them.

Thanks for looking!

Cyber Burn

I was waiting to see if anyone would reply to this. I don't have the files from my old PC back yet, and as it is, I'm not very good at making FX, but if no one else is able to give this a shot, then I'll give it a try. But, like I said, I'm still waiting to get my files back from my old PC (I had a few generic templates, assuming I kept them when I stopped trying to make FX), so it may be a bit before I can try it (I'm hoping to get my stuff back this week).

I don't know if there is a way to make the dart "Stick" to your opponent, would a small explosion type FX work for you?

Also, is this for FF1, or FFvt3R?

Randomdays

Thanks CB. I hadn't really thought about what the end effect was going to be - probably not anything too violent in appearance.

It was going to be for a sucker dart gun for the Calvin mesh. The Spiff version already has his raygun. Either game would be good since V was nice enough to make characters for both games.

daglob

What about just a "splat" or "smack" text effect? I can't remember which FX I used as a start, but I've got a chicken projectile that has "Bu-Kaaaak!" pop up over the target.

Cyber Burn

Oh man Random, I've been so wrapped up with RL, that I had completely forgotten about this. Has anyone been able to do this for you yet?

Cyber Burn

Hey Random, I'm not totally happy with the (End.nif), so I'll probably touch it up later, but in the meantime, you have mail.

I should specify that it is for  :ffvstr:.