News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Christmas 2013 - Presents under the tree

Started by Randomdays, December 14, 2013, 03:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

It's Christmas time again in Patriot City. Stockings and wreaths are hung, the fire is lit, and the presents are under the tree

Since most people who observe the holiday will hopefully be too busy on Christmas to check the forums, your packages have come down the chimney early and are ready to be ripped open, hopefully with sounds of happy surprise with at least some of them.

For those who observe the holiday, Merry Christmas. For all, many thanks for the help and making this a fun place to hang out, and Peace on Earth.

This is a major release, so I'm sure they'll be mistakes on the files and the message. I'll be tweaking as I find them. Or you do.

They'll might also be a few additions here and there if possible.

Package Group 1 - For Cyber Burn, Jimaras and anyone else looking for some Marvel goodness......

Spoiler
Cyber's requested Iron man Hulkbuster armor, with a Warmachine variant skin, and Tony Stark. For Jim, there's a Squirrel Girl from a modder for MUA, though I think it originated with Marvel Heroes game.

There's also Dr Strange's assistant Wong, and Johnny Storm's college sidekick Wyatt Wingfoot - both new to FF I think.

All are from MUA except as noted above.

Package Group 2 - for Benton, Jim and any DC and animal lovers......

Spoiler
Squirrel Girl came by and asked for some squirrels she could have to fight evil with.
The Penguin asked for some feathered friends to DO evil with, and Harley came by and mentioned that Mr J missed the babies, and while being nice to Squirrel Girl was easy, you don't say no to the Penguin or Harley.

Last, Clark came by and asked for his old friend from Krypton, and Aquaman was looking for some new undersea friends for company.

An unrigged squirrel that can be made into a fx by someone who know how to do so, a king vulture, a spotted hyena, a killer whale and a green sea turtle, all from Zoo tycoon 2. Also, Krypto from DC Online.

Package Group 3 - for detourne me, Amazo, Big D, and any Bond fans......

Spoiler
Jaws is finally done.

Also, from some meshes from the 3D warehouse there's the Aston Martin from "Goldfinger" and the Lotus, normal and submarine version, from "The Spy Who Loved Me".

The Aston Martin and the normal Lotus have a Sean Connery Bond behind the wheel and a female basic version next to him. They are unrigged and the meshes adjust for sitting/ driving. Body swap will not work because of this, but new skins and skoped items probably will. One or both can also be removed with nifskope, or course.

There's also transparent glass windows on both. For me, there's alpha problems where they appear and disappear depending on viewing angle. If you have problems with alpha, just remove the glass in nifskope and they show up fine.

Package Group 4 - for Tomato and the bronies.....

Spoiler
Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash on Beyonder's horse kfs, plus a flying Dash on Sam the Eagle kfs. There's a bunch of these at the 3D warehouse, so if anyone wanted more it would probably just take adding different skins, manes and tails to what looks like a standard base body.

Package 5 - A very rare issue of the lost Freedom Force Winter Annual ! Now that all the presents are unwrapped and things have settled down, You can get in your comfy chair with some hot cocoa and some cookies to read by the fireplace.

Spoiler

Chapter 1 - Wings of Death!

Spoiler

It's Christmas time in Patriot City, and a couple and their young son is visiting family in the suburbs.

While this would usually be nothing out of the ordinary, Patriot City is no ordinary city, this is no ordinary time of year, and this definitely is no ordinary boy.

"Come on Hobbes! Lets  go play!"

Unknown to all, hidden in the bushes in the backyard is a canister of Energy X!

Without knowing it, Calvin absorbs its power, and anything he imagines becomes real!

"Hobbes, I feel like going someplace warm. Lets grab a cardboard box and take the time machine back to see some dinosaurs!"

Hold on tight! Hey, we forgot our goggles!

"That was great Hobbes! I actually felt warm!.

Lets go inside and get some hot chocolate!"

Meanwhile, back in Patriot City, major changes are happening to the city!

In Freedom Force Headquarters, Mentor quickly assembles a team to meet the emergency!

"Freedom Force! I've just received a message from Man-Bot of a major disruption in the time stream! He's put up a temporary time barrier around headquarters, but it won't hold long! At the same time, the monitors picked up a surge of Energy X somewhere nearby. The two must be connected somehow!

With Man-Bot's help, I've opened a portal to the past where the time disruption occurred. A team needs to go back in time and repair the time stream quickly before the changes become permanent!

"Team, it looks like we're somewhere in the Jurassic Era."

"You know, this reminds me of a scifi story I read in a magazine,. You know, the one with the rabbit on the cover?

"What was the story?

"These hunters go back in time and one accidently kills a butterfly and changes the future. You think something like that happened?"

" I don't know. Something like that could have....."

"Hey guys! I think I found the problem!"

"Sweet Liberty Bell of Freedom! Those giant butterflies are killing all the dinosaurs! Team, we have to save them! For Freedom!"

After a mighty battle, the lethal lepidoptera are defeated, saving the dinosaurs so they can die later in some different way that preserves history.

A weary team heads back to the present, now back to normal with the damage repaired.

Chapter 2 - Invaders from the Id!

Spoiler

"Hobbes would be taking a nap! And I was looking forward to some Calvinball!. "

"Well, Calvin may not have anything to do, but Spaceman Spiff knows there's trouble brewing!"

Spiff jumps into his ship, ready to blast off to fight the incoming alien invasion!

"Wow, my imagination seems to be in overdrive today! Everything seems so real!"

"That was great! Wait till I tell Hobbes! He should be awake by now!"

Meanwhile....

"Freedom Force! Meet me in the main lab!"

"What is it amigo?"

"There was another burst of Energy X nearby. The computer is getting closer to pinpointing its location. At the same time, the sensors picked up a large fleet of ships appearing out of nowhere! They are descending on the city and panic is beginning to set in. I'll monitor from here while a team goes and defends the city. I think I might have a solution to these problems soon."

There they are! They're everywhere! Form up team!

Watch your back! More coming in!

Hey! As soon as we hit them, they disappear!

Once more, Freedom Force wins the battle, protecting the innocent people of the city. But as the team leaves the battlefield, there are no bodies, no wreckage.

Everything has disappeared.

In headquarters, Mentor nods his head. "This supports the theory I have. I have almost pinpointed the cause, but I must work quickly to find the cure!

Chapter 3 - Revenge of the Snow Goons!

Spoiler

The next day, Calvin wakes up to a change in the weather!

"Hey Hobbes! It snowed last night! Lets go make some snowmen!"

"Are you sure?" After what happened last time, I would think..."

"Ah, that couldn't happen again. What are the odds of calling on the snow demons and having the snowmen come to life?"

"That would be imposs..... ACK! It's happening again! Run Hobbes!"

"Hobbes! Its like whatever I think about appears and really happens!"

"So why can't you think about things like cans of tuna?

Back in Freedom Force headquarters....

"Team! This is it! The computer has pinpointed the source of the Energy X to a nearby suburb. We'll take the Freedom force car to get there quickly!"

"I've managed to create a device to stop the chaos. Its made from the remains of my ship an some very rare elements. I had hoped to use it against one of our other foes, since it can never be recreated, and it will only work once."

"Do you think the situation is that bad?"

"This peril may be the worst we've ever faced. Now quickly, we must proceed!"

The Freedom Force car quickly takes the team out to some snowy woods.

Turning at a noise, they see a small boy and a strange tiger like creature running by on two legs. They are quickly followed by a horde of strange snowmen, chasing them across the countryside.

"Did you see that? What was that?"

That is what we are here to find! Quickly, stop those snowmen!"

The snowmen seem fierce at first, and are immune to normal blows, but once again the flames of el Diablo quickly melts the danger away.

"Young man, you may not realize it, but your thoughts and dreams have been playing havok with the fate of the entire world.

But fear not! The problem is no more!

Now, run home, and remember not the events of the day. Such things should be forgotten by one so young."

And in the end, at the end of the day, Calvin and Hobbes lay dreaming by the fire, dreams that cause no danger. And in the morning will wake to the joy that only children find on such a special day.

http://bleedingespresso.com/2010/12/merry-christmas-eve-from-calvin-hobbes.html

Finishing the book, you hear a "clunk" from behind the tree. Looking under the tree, you see a pile of presents that you had missed has fallen over. Grabbing them you start ripping more wrapping paper off......

Spoiler

The meshes used in the Calvin and Hobbes story

Calvin, Hobbes and Spaceman Spiff. Mega thanks to V for first thinking suggesting a Christmas release, and then stepping forward to make it happen. All the Calvin and Hobbes were done by him - the heads, the skins and making the beanie and jetpack appear and disappear.

The Calvin with the beanie and the Spiff with the jetpack are for FFVtTR only.

The Spiff saucer and time machine box are from the 3D warehouse. The Snow Goons are too, but heavily modified.

The butterfly body is also from the 3D warehouse. The wings are from Zoo Tycoon 2. There are skins from ZT2, the warehouse and the web for the different alt skins.

The alien is default from "The Movies Game". The alien saucer is from the Gamecube game "Looney Tunes Back in Action"

There will also be a Christmas Tree, winter window and a fireplace going up as well.

Also thanks to Windblown for his help on the alpha problems I'm having.

I'll be uploading as I can today, but it will probably be a while until they're all up. Keep checking

For now, they'll be in a special Christmas directory. Later on, they'll be moved to their true homes.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swap_shop_attic/files/Christma%202013/

Mandatory secret trailer after the credits
Spoiler

Millions of years ago at the site of Freedom Force's battle to save the dinosaurs, a strange creature crawls to witness the carnage.

"Dead. All dead. Strange monkey things kill all children. Very powerful."

I will lay many eggs. I will sleep. And I will grow.

And one day, I will wake.

Comment are especially welcome. Merry Christmas to all.

BentonGrey

Haha, ohh, this looks like tons of fun! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

You do realize that from now on, I'll just have to demand FF mods from my family for Christmas? :D
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Randomdays

Unfortunately, there wasn't time to get a mod put together, though one might show up later. You'll have to settle for a slideshow/ comic book type story and a ton of mesh releases.

I think you'll be pleased though.

daglob

Hey, is that...

Randomdays

I cannot confirm or deny the existance of such an item.

DG, can you please spoiler the above comment?

Thank you.

Randomdays

Finished! I think... doing a few last readmes and uploading. Please report any problems that you find. Comments welcome.

detourne_me

Merry Christmas Randomdays!! What a treasure trove you've given us all here.  Wow!
Thank you very much for all your time and hard work converting these so we can play with them. 
Your comics were great too! I can only imagine how many rumble room playthroughs you had to do to get all the perfect shots.

:)

Randomdays

Teaser trailer added to the bottom of the main post.

Thanks DM. Most of it was fun. Most of it got done the way I wanted it to be done. Any frustrations I think are minor and I hope everyone enjoys at least a couple of items out of the group.

Cyber Burn

Oh man, Random! This is an absolutely fantastic Christmas release. A very big THANK YOU to all who were involved in making this happen.

spydermann93

These are all very awesome, Random!

Thanks for the great presents! :thumbup:

Epimethee

Thank you for all these very merry Christmas gifts!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Podmark

What a nice... army of gifts, Randomdays!
Merry Christmas!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

Thanks to Santa Random and all his elves.  What a great Christmas Present! :)
For Freedom!

windblown

:o Wow, those are really amazing!! Great work RD!

vorelliwiseau

Above and beyond, Random, this is what this is! I especially like the butterflies, the snow goons and those Bond-themed vehicles. Also Krypto!

Thanks for delivering us a fantastic set of Christmas releases!

Kenn

Heh.  Those snowmen look familiar.  Nice work.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Randomdays

Thanks guys.

All files should be  uploaded now with readmes. Most also have a portrait as well. 35 meshes in total. Its been a hectic 4 weeks.

Kenn, tried to make the snow goons look as close as possible to the ones in the strip, except the last 0ne which just has the crooked hat.

detourne_me

I gotta say thanks again.  Looking at the Lotus Esprit it reminds me of the toy I had as a kid that could transform into a sub. Alp, in the final spoiler there.  Is that from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind?
Wow. Talk about a Christmas flashback!

Randomdays

Not sure on the that, but possible. The mesh is from the 3D warehouse from a Japanese uploader and is called "King of Insects". Nausica is mentioned in the post, but most of it is in Japanese.

For the Lotus, since its a simple mesh with no moving parts, maybe you can have the car swap to the sub mode with the flying action?

Jimaras8

Randomdays i bet you love red, your favourite animal is elk and you enjoy snow as much as anything. Thank you for getting into the trouble of making these goodies. I guess all of us were nice this year right  :D :D?

laughing paradox

Really fantastic group of stuff, Randomdays!

I love the Freedom Force meets Calvin & Hobbes story and related meshes. Thanks for all the hard work and holiday cheer!

Amazo Version 2.2

sorry about rehashing such an old post, but I've been away from anything freedom force related for quite a while. I just wanted to thank randomdays for all the sweet work that he put into these. thanx goes out to anyone and everyone else involved in this as well
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

crosspotts1.0

thank u for all ur hard work and hoping u can do arcade too but in time i love mua and mua2 and xmen orgins and the second one all of theas r great

Randomdays

Just popping in for a minute....does anyone have the Calvin story screenshots saved off?. It also seems I can't get into my own yahoo groups anymore since I forgot my password and screenname