News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Anyone playing AC 4: Black Flag?

Started by captmorgan72, December 05, 2013, 02:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

I'm a huge pirate fan so this game was made for me. I'm playing it on the PS3 and having a blast. The guy at Gamestop was nice enough to give me a preorder copy that gives you the Captain Morgan costume for Edward. Edward looks amazing in this costume, I can't imagine playing the game without it.

bat1987

Oh ya. Love this game, one of the best sandboxes of this generation.

It stands with AC2 as my favourite in the series. The naval combat, exploring, robbing ships, the game is just pure fun. As for the costume, I switch between the main outfit for story missions and the Pirate version of it for the sea (purchasable in the game).

captmorgan72

I love the fact that Edward is
Spoiler
not even an assassin, but did join the Templars just to get at some loot
I'm not that far into the story so maybe this all changes. I just really love the Captain Morgan outfit on him, so awesome looking and fitting.

laughing paradox

I've been playing the Ezio trilogy (I'm almost done with Brotherhood now, as I've played part 2 a long time ago) and I'll be working my way up to 4. I'm glad to see it getting positive reviews.

bat1987

Very cool LP, Brotherhood is awesome. Revelations was a bit weaker but it is very important in the overall story. AC3 I liked for the most part, but there was certain something that was missing from it, which AC4 def has (much like the AC2 improved on AC1).

Tortuga

I'm slowly chipping away at GTA5 before digging into AC4.  Ever since AC2, I've bought the AC games on day one.  I'm looking forward to playing the new one!

Reepicheep

I really, really want to like the AC games, but after the first one it was just too time consuming for me to make any progress playing it. This one has really grabbed my attention, though.

In terms of the overarching plot, do I need to have played AC 2 - 3 to enjoy it? I remember being baffled to the point I couldn't play AC 3.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Reepicheep on December 09, 2013, 01:15:21 PM
I really, really want to like the AC games, but after the first one it was just too time consuming for me to make any progress playing it. This one has really grabbed my attention, though.

In terms of the overarching plot, do I need to have played AC 2 - 3 to enjoy it? I remember being baffled to the point I couldn't play AC 3.
If you want to know the story and don't want to invest all the hours playing the game, you can always go on youtube and search for example Assassins Creed 2 the movie. This will give you all the cutscenes and maybe some actual game playing to give you the whole story. I did this for Revelations and now I know everything that happend in that game without playing it.