News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help! Black skin infestation...

Started by daglob, December 21, 2013, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I was making a Christmas version of Law (basically kittbashing my Law/Black Knight skin), and the finished product, while looking fine in Photoshop, is black in both CTool and the game. The thing is, Glow and Reflect still work. So I experimented, and copied the BK skin to the Law Effects skins folder and checked it out. It was fine. Then I copied the Xmas Law to that folder, and it blacked out. However, when I copied the BK skin back, IT showed up as black. This got me to looking, and there are several other skins for the original characters (Dark Alchemiss and Black Bullet, for instance) that show up as black in CTool and the game, but when I finally checked them out, they are not that way. (I had never checked them before; I thought they wre supposed to be black).

My Xmas version of Sea Urchin looks fine.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Cyber Burn

I'm going to assume that the (.TGA) files are fine here. Are you seeing a completely black skin, or are there white marks on it as well?

daglob

Completely black. I discovered a workaround (stealing an idea from Atomic Robot and Kenn X) by making the "glow" texture a duplicate of the skin.