Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy 15th Birthday, Freedom Force!

Author Topic: A Back Up Site For Freedom Force Resources  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Cyber Burn

A Back Up Site For Freedom Force Resources
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
Basically, I'm taking every Resource that I can find, and putting them in (.PDF) Format. I had wanted to have more done before I posted a link to the site, but Classes start up today, so I'll have less time to work on this. I tried to give credit for the Files where I could. Also, I tried to edit Spelling and Grammar and such so those with Language barriers would hopefully have an easier time understanding things. A lot of the Files didn't have the pictures that were supposed to be there, so if anyone does have complete Files, please let me know, I would happily update them.

If I made any errors when copying these Files, please let me know what needs to be fixed.

Websites go down, Forums get hacked, and Content Creators leave the Community. My main goal here is to make sure that as many people as possible have access to these Files. The more people that have these Files, the less chance there is of these Resources being lost.

This is currently about half of what I have, I'll try to at least make a small update every week, but I can't promise it. In the meantime though, hopefully what has been uploaded will be helpful to someone.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Freedom_Force_Resources/

Here is a list of what is available so far, and I'll update this list and post in this thread as I make updates:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: If anyone has issues joining the Group, or accessing any of the files, please feel free to send me a PM with a list of what you want and an E-Mail address, I will gladly send the files to you.

Important: In the event that someone sees a file on here that they are the Author of, and for whatever reason, does not want their work to be posted to this Group, please let me know so I can remove it immediately, I will absolutely respect your wishes, and will not advertise it's removal.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:40:22 PM by Cyber Burn »

Offline WyldFyre

• Fiery master of mayhem.
Re: A Back Up Site For Freedom Force Resources
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »
Thanks for this Cyber! I never knew there were so many tutorials available.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Offline Podmark

• meow
    • Hero Force
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »
Good idea.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:56 PM »
I forgot to mention this before, but I am also adding things to the "Links" section.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:20 AM »
I updated the first post with a list of what is available so far, and I'll post here as I make updates.

Offline SickAlice

• Virtual prophet and aspiring beet farmer
  • bing cherry
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
 :thumbup:

Offline Avalon

• http://frp.unlimited2.net/skins/Avalon/avalon.html
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 01:28:28 AM »
Good idea.
Unfortunately, I can't sign up due to some stupid security thing not working right.
Another reason to dislike Yahoo.

Offline President Raygun

• Friend or Foe ?
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 02:33:30 AM »
Good idea.
Unfortunately, I can't sign up due to some stupid security thing not working right.
Another reason to dislike Yahoo.

Ditto, I'm having the same trouble.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 12:07:18 AM »
That's not cool, I'm not sure what the problem could be, I set this site up the same as I did my others.

If you guys still can't get in, let me know what files you want, PM me an E-Mail address, and I'd be glad to send the files out.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 01:05:02 AM »
Don't think its you - I tried to sign up to some of Ink's groups that I had missed a couple of days ago and had the same problem. Just Yahoo messing up.

Just checked and looks like its still messed up.

Offline Starman

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 05:38:07 AM »
Thanks for doing this, Cyber. It's great that there are actually backups for content just in case stuff happens.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:10 PM »
Thanks for doing this, Cyber. It's great that there are actually backups for content just in case stuff happens.

Considering how much stuff I've lost over the years, the more things can be backed up, the better.

New stuff added to the "Files" section today:

Freedom Force FAQ's:
     - How To Cheat in FFvt3R

Keyframes:
     - Keyframes - Condensing File Size for FF1

NifSkope:
     - Creating Animated Textures in Nifskope by White Knight
     - NifSkope Tutorial for FF Interface

Skinning:
     - Skinning Tutorial by Glitch Girl for Basic Skinning
     - Skinning Tutorial for Wire Maps by Captain Spud

As always, unfortunately, some (Or most) of the related pics may be missing. If someone happens to have compete files, please let me know, I would very happily update any files that may need it.

Also, I plan on adding a new folder that will contain (init.py) files for both games. I've collected some from other members, but I'm not quite ready to add them to the site yet.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:41:18 PM by Cyber Burn »

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 12:21:39 AM »
My initial post has been updated.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 04:24:34 AM »

Freedom Force Charts:
     - Damage_Output by Spydermann93

Mod Making:
     - Mods - Custom FX Setup Tutorial
     - Mods - Freedom Force Back Up Tutorial

A brand new Freedom Force Resource was created by Spydermann93. Come and get it for the very first time!

Offline naitvalis

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »
thanks for the freedom forciclopedia Cb! much appreciated!

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
thanks for the freedom forciclopedia Cb! much appreciated!

Thank you Nait. With as much information that has been shared in the past, I just want to try to make sure that as much of that information as possible will continue to be available for both new and veteran players alike.

Being fed up with Yahoo though, I'd still like to try and figure out how to add to the FR Wiki, but so far, I haven't been able to figure it out. Like I've said many times before, I am not really tech savvy, so I'm quite a bit over my head on this.

I still have quite a few other files that I need to go through, so the current plan is to keep updating the Group as time permits.

Offline Epimethee

• Patron god of afterthought
  • Currently in suspended animation
    • FFX add-on for FFvsTTR
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »
Being fed up with Yahoo though, I'd still like to try and figure out how to add to the FR Wiki, but so far, I haven't been able to figure it out. Like I've said many times before, I am not really tech savvy, so I'm quite a bit over my head on this.
Let me know if I can help. I have some free time for the moment.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:20 PM »

Freedom Force FAQ's:
     - Hero Conversion Tips by Alex Abenavides

Hex Editing:
     - Hex Editing For Freedom Force

NifSkope:
     - NifSkope Tutorial for Adding Alphas to a Mesh by SickAlice

The Hex Editing File didn't want to play well when I tried to convert it to (PDF) Format, so I had to do a bit of editing to it. I think I got everything to translate correctly, but if anyone wants it, I do have the original file, and I could upload that as well.

This site will be very rarely updated for a while until life gets back to normal.

Let me know if I can help. I have some free time for the moment.

I apologize for the late reply Epi, I had tried to figure this out before, but free time is extremely limited, and computer time is even worse.

Offline Epimethee

• Patron god of afterthought
  • Currently in suspended animation
    • FFX add-on for FFvsTTR
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 05:07:33 AM »
Certainly no need – at all – to apologize, even without taking into account your current RL issues. And thanks for keeping working on this.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 02:17:02 PM »

Skinning:
     - Skinning Tutorial by Andrew G. Davis.

A major "Thank you!!!" to AndrewGD for granting permission to host his Tutorial.

In addition, here is a Link to his website, it's definitely worth checking out.

http://www.imaginationispower.com/index.html

Offline John Jr.

• Legionnaire
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 11:51:21 PM »
Great work, CB! A nice resource to our whole community!

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 12:51:18 AM »
Thank you JJ, and it's great to see you back on FR.

On a side note, if you have any notes that you made for yourself while Modding, Skinning, or Skoping, I would gladly add them to the collection.  :D

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 01:11:29 AM »

On a side note, if you have any notes that you made for yourself while Modding, Skinning, or Skoping, I would gladly add them to the collection.  :D

I should specify that this is an open offer to anyone. If anyone has created notes for themselves in regards to any aspect of content creation, or even for the FF games themselves, I will gladly add them to the collection.

Offline John Jr.

• Legionnaire
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:48 AM »

Thanks, CB. I really missed you guys.
I'll check my backups and see if I have anything of interest.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 02:58:57 AM »

Thanks, CB. I really missed you guys.
I'll check my backups and see if I have anything of interest.

That would be awesome JJ, thank you!

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »
Some new stuff added to the "Files" Section today.

Ghosting Meshes:
     - Ghosting and Repeating Mesh Tutorial from FRP2

Taskmaster X Hero Conversion Charts:
     - FFVTTR_Marvel_and_DC_RPG_to_FF_Conversion V 1 3
     - FFVTTR_Marvel_and_DC_RPG_to_FF_Conversion V 1 4

Some new stuff added to the "Links" Section today.

Yahoo Groups Links:
     - Bobby69

In the "Yahoo Groups Links" Section, I am going to be creating Sub-Folders for our Content Creators, and in these Sub-Folders, will be Links to their Yahoo Groups. Considering the number of Yahoo Groups floating around, this will probably be a permanent work in progress. If I create a Folder for one of our content creators and someone finds that I am missing a Link to one of their Yahoo groups, please let me know, currently I will be going by the Groups that I belong to, so I am sure I will be missing something.

Offline hoss20

• A goal without a plan is just a dream.
    • Force of Paradox
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
I don't mean to be a wet blanket, Cyber, but a lot of the work you look to be doing regarding the Yahoo groups has already been done at the Freedom Force Link Portal: http://ffportal.negative-10.com/

I know that you were wanting to have a centralized place for everyone to go, but I hate to see you take all the time to post links and sort creators for the near thousand groups out there when most of the heavy lifting has already been done. Admittedly, the Portal is a bit out of date and is missing newer Yahoo groups, such as your own, but all of the other big boys who aren't still around are there: Beyonder, Texas Jack, Bobby69, Fusion, etc., plus a whole bunch of names I don't even recognize.

I think your FF Resource group is awesome and I keep forgetting to drop by to see what's there. I just hate to see you potentially spending a month of Sundays compiling resources for something that's probably 80% to 90% done already. If you still want to include all of the Yahoo links, I guess you could still use the Portal to check out all of the groups and, hopefully, expedite the process. I also have a reasonably good size list of groups that I belong to, so if you need any  help, just let me know.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I think what you're doing is great and very much appreciated.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »
Hey Hoss, there was definitely no rain on my parade, and I appreciate the fact that you're looking out for me. The FF Portal is actual a site I continue to regularly visit, but the premise behind what I am doing is strictly to make sure that there is a back-up in case a site like the Portal goes down. Admittedly, Adding the Yahoo Links may seem a bit repetitive, but I'm hoping that it is beneficial in the long run.

Offline trebean

• Jethawk
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
BUMP!
For some reason I can't access files on the group

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »
Are you getting an error message, is the site itself not loading, or is it just the files?