News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ground based FX?

Started by SickAlice, January 23, 2014, 02:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct protocol for ground based FX, meaning ones that travel along at ground level? I tried a bunch of node combinations, usually going from hand to ground but everything mucks up. In the case of using Bottom (manually typed) the effect moves near the ground then jumps into the targets pelvis at the end of it's run. I tried using foot nodes, and they look a bit better. But in every case multiple projectiles are spawned at an increasing rate until there is a " caterpillar " of the effect for lack of a better word. Tested against multiple FX with the same result.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on January 23, 2014, 02:08:58 AM
But in every case multiple projectiles are spawned at an increasing rate until there is a " caterpillar " of the effect for lack of a better word. Tested against multiple FX with the same result.

I don't know enough about FX making to help you with what you want, but this "caterpillar" effect does sound pretty interesting.

SickAlice

It's rather ugly. So for example I use the basketball FX as it's a nice object to have roll along the ground. The character starts spewing tons of them despite being prompted to do otherwise. The speed at which each basketball is produced keeps increasing until eventually there is a Congo line of basketballs. Else they don't actually leave the screen and just pile up by the target character.