News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

HERO Conversions

Started by JonB, January 28, 2014, 07:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonB

Just joined. Looking for conversion chart for FF to Marvel/DC.

AfghanAnt

Welcome JonB! I believe this did exist at one point but I'm not sure where it could be now. I think the creator with TaskmasterX...maybe?

Cyber Burn

Welcome aboard JonB, Taskmaster X's stuff is no longer located online, however, I did find a copy of his files on an old back-up disk. If you're interested in them, PM me an E-Mail Address, and I would be glad to send them your way. The offer stands for anyone else who may want the files as well, I have them zipped up and ready to go.

laughing paradox

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 29, 2014, 12:28:07 AM
Welcome aboard JonB, Taskmaster X's stuff is no longer located online, however, I did find a copy of his files on an old back-up disk. If you're interested in them, PM me an E-Mail Address, and I would be glad to send them your way. The offer stands for anyone else who may want the files as well, I have them zipped up and ready to go.

Maybe you should post it in your Data Backup Yahoo Group? It's sort of like a tutorial. :)

Cyber Burn

I had thought about it when I first starting collecting my files, but the file is too big, the smallest that I've been able to get after zipping it up, while including everything, is 6.5 Megs, which is too big for Yahoo, and I'm hesitant to break it up into smaller files. I would hate to mess something up while attempting to separate the files.

AfghanAnt

CB hasn't mentioned this but I'm hoping I can help him preserve this stuff outside of yahoo groups - those things are like virus/spam gateways.

ShortFuse

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 30, 2014, 07:45:04 PM
...those things are like virus/spam gateways.

Ain't that the truth.  :thumbdown:

An easily accessible collection of hero files would be great. They seem to be hard to come by. USAgent has a massive collection. I use those for the most part, with a little modification.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 30, 2014, 07:45:04 PM
CB hasn't mentioned this but I'm hoping I can help him preserve this stuff outside of yahoo groups - those things are like virus/spam gateways.

That is why I try to make the settings as restrictive as possible, so I can try to prevent other people from putting things into the groups that shouldn't be there.

Also, I was absolutely thrilled when AA had approached me about collaborating. I hadn't said anything because I wanted to wait until I had at least something to show.

BentonGrey

I've thought about converting my builds into herofiles, but I just really like players experiencing them in context, and there's so much more I do with mine (strings, FFX tweaks, etc.), that I just don't feel a list would do them justice.  I've thought about it, though.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 14, 2014, 04:28:39 PM
I've thought about converting my builds into herofiles, ... and there's so much more I do with mine (strings, FFX tweaks, etc.), that I just don't feel a list would do them justice.

That goes extra for me.

Heck, I've probably made all of the custom attributes, combos and standalones, just for how I design my files.  I never really seem to sit still on one design, though, and I'm constantly redoing everything.  The one day that I find what I am truly happy with will be the day that I start pumping out hero files to the public.

But I really love the way you design your files, Benton.  They are always so fun to play with, and more often than not, I find myself seeing how you envisioned a certain character to pull some ideas from your treasure trove of a mind.