News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Other page updates

Started by SickAlice, February 10, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Added Violator from Spawn/Image for a request. I made some custom parts and put them on
the Male Hulking Effects mesh, which is in turn is a hexed Juggernaut by Gren and Ink, then
stripped the components of that mesh out leaving Violator. He could use a better skin.
I made the skinning process really easy to follow. You can download it from my Other
page.

Too Much Coffee Man is originally male basic. I grabbed the body from Ink's Toad, then went on to sculpt and deform that to TMCM. I added a coffee head, cup in hand and pajama snaps. I also included an FX. The core was Tommyboy's sports FX but I stripped everything but the structure and combined it with an Irrational FX and an object I made and skinned to make the new one. I used chopped Ultraman keys with an animation from Ink's Gambit imported.
You may notice the power animation looks ginchy in Ctool and the FX in the in-game preview plane but they iron out in game and Superhero T.V. as well.

The Flaming Carrot is Tommyboy's Orion which I wanted for the hover animations. I removed all of the geometry and only retained the hierarchy, nodes and keyframes. I modified Irrational's Charles Wilson, removing his hands and replacing them with ones from a male basic as the hands didn't work with mb kfs and I moved and sized the cuffs. I made a nuclear-powered pogo stick and added that, a carrot, FX and jets.

Releasing an assortment of Tick skins and skopes I've had my hard drive for a couple years now whom are selected from the comics, cartoon and live action series:

The Tick is on Ink's Strong Guy. I removed the extras and added new Tick ones. The antenna come from a very old Quake model (from Polycount back in the day) which sadly I haven't been able to find the author of to date. He comes with a bunch of skins.

Mothman is on Gren's Beetle. I either deleted, changed or swapped out the extras and added new ones. He comes with a few skins as well.

Chairface is on Gren's male suit v.2. I deleted the head and added new parts. The cop hat comes from Irrational's cop. He comes with an additional " diguised " skin.

The Terror is on Ink's Forge. I brought in the body from his Scarecrow and altered it a bit. I then added new heads and deleted the extras except the guns. He comes with three skins: a Terror one from the comics, a masked version of that and live action variant.

Chairfaces bodyguard Dean is on male heavy and I imposed parts from Gren's male suit. I deleted the head and replaced it with a screw.

The Deadly Bulb is on Ink's Magneto. I deleted or hid the extras and added new ones. His pig foot is a sculpt of Val's BigCat. He comes with a lit variant.

The Deadly Bulb's henchmen (Socket and Watt) are on Ren's Sinestro. I deleted the extras, brought in a headless male basic and added a new head.

The Human Ton is on Beyonder's Blob. He's a doppleganger of Blob so there wasn't much to change and I only added Handy.

Barry is on Gren's Bloodaxe. I hid the extras and added Barry parts and weapon.

Sewer Urchin is on Gren's Batman. I deleted everything but the cords and nodes then made a Sewer Urchin body from male basic and imported it. Then I made and added his costume parts.

Die Fledermaus is on Ink's Batman. I hid the extras and added DF ones.

Batmanuel is on Gren's Batman. I hid the extras and added Batmanuel ones.

American Maid is on Ink's Black Queen. I brought in and resized and the skirt from his Marvel Girl, then deleted/hid the extras and added Maid ones. She comes with a shoe throw FX which is a shoe skoped into the boomerang FX by Beyonder/Premonitioner

Captain Liberty is Ink's She-Hulk. I added Liberty's costume. I also moved some of the verts on the chest to make skinning a star a bit easier.

Chainsaw Vigilante is Ink's Gambit. I got rid of some of the costume bits and hid the cards. I replaced the bo with a chainsaw and added new costume bits. I also made a new jacket, weighted it and deleted the old one. I also fixed a broken vertice on the right leg.

Paul The Samurai is Gren's Silver Samurai. I removed the body which was fitted and brought in a different headless one. Much of the armor these characters wear is similar and as such I either ended up removing parts, replacing them or sculpting the existing ones a bit.

Caped Cod is Gren's Batman. I hid the extras and added new ones and sculpted the cape to match Cod.

Bumbling Bee is Ink's Arisia. I gave her new hair, hid the lantern extras and cape, added Bee parts and changed and moved the FX.

Desperadoe is on Ink's Jessie Quick. I hid the extras and added new ones.

Scarf Ace is on Ink's Mockingbird. I hid the most of the extras except the jacket and bo's and added new ones. I replaced the bo's with needles.

Rubber Ducky is on TJ's Plastic Man. I sculpted the head to have a duck bill and replaced the rocket and ball with a rubber ducky.

Running Guy is on Ink's Flash. I removed the bits and changed out the body for a male basic a gave shorts to then added Running Guy's costume bits.

Man Eating Cow is Val's Big Cat. I sculpted the body to resemble a cow and added cow parts.

For all of the TMNT I brought in a new body sculpted from the model from the game TMNT, sculpted new heads and extra parts and new weapons. Don is on male_staff by Grenadier, Leo is on male_hunter, Mikey is on Nightwing by INk and Raph is on Demon by Gren. All four come with four skins each: TMNT as the standard, a 2003 cartoon, 80's cartoon and classic Mirage Studios as the alts. They're still pretty beta. Mostly I just wanted to get the bodies into the fold. I didn't do much keyframe work. There's the usual vert drag in the clavicles but not so unusual that it becomes noticeable in game. The shells and straps were a bigger problem. Imagine you have an unbend-able shell on your back and the top attaches to your shoulder blades, the bottom to your tailbone. Now try and bend down at the knees and pick something up off the ground. Doable but now put it in 3d terms. The issue was if I weighted the shell it would bend. Also it would follow more than the spine and pelvis, especially the clavicles causing it to stretch out like armwings. So I opted to attach it to the spine node as it looks best there. The belts tend to ghost a bit. The alternatives were however much worse. Hopefully this can be given a polish later but it isn't overbearing or anything. The different variations are of course normally different sizes but I didn't want to release individual meshes. If one were inclined simply bring down the size in the handle nodes a little.

Slash is the same as the above Turtles and on Demon by Gren. I sculpted it a little more and added a couple bits to make it a Slash.

Ace Duck is on Hawkman by Gren. I spliced in parts from Jellyworld's duck, a hat from Gren's Lady Blackhawk and a bomber jacket originally made from INK's trench coat. I cut out a lot of the original keyframes and adjusted all of them to make the wings vanish at times. It looks glitchy in CTool but fine in game with the exception of the hover ranged animation. The reason is this set doesn't have it's own hover ranged so the game defaults to a different animation which doesn't have wings. My transitions also aren't as smooth as they could be as I rushed it a bit.

Ray Fillet is on Colossus by Gren. I removed all the extras and added a tail from INK's Nightcrawler and a cape. I then remodeled those and the body to Ray Fillet.

Godzilla 2014 is on GodzillaMK3 by Valandar. I removed or hid all the original geometry then swapped in a beautiful extracted model from the game Godzilla Smash3 by Pipeworks. Godzilla model screen captured by Tribalizer. I adjusted the keyframes to incorporate the nice glow effect from that game. Due to a few snags I only finalized the main keys so you'll notice burps in CTool but everything checks out in game. Let me know if anything shows up in game that I missed during testing and I'll address it. I didn't upscale the size due to the original piece already being at max height. I did make the tail longer though and the models girth seems to make up for the height loss. The fangs also stretch a bit. I remade the model several times and this was the best I could get.

BB-8 is a 3d model from the Star Wars app on Judge_Dredd by TJ. There isn't much in the way of animations for now.

Michael Knight is the model from the game Knight Rider 2 weighted to male basic.

K.I.T.T. is on Windcharcher by Val. I delted everything and used a model from the Knight Rider game by Davilex as a base as well seats by 3dregenerator (?), then made the rest.

Fugatoid is a 3d model from TMNT Battle Match propped into a male basic and resized.

And his ship from the same game imported into FFcar.

Liberty is on Isis by Gren and JP. I removed everything and hastily worked in a free Liberty model.

Any of these can be downloaded at the following link:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/other.html

windblown

SickAlice

Added Flaming Carrot and Too Much Coffee Man

spydermann93

Too Much Coffee Man's link is broken :(

Until it's fixed, I'll be checking out all of the other stuff you released!  Thanks for the releases, SA! :thumbup:

SickAlice

Patched and fixed the Coffee Man link. Sorry bout that and thanks for the compliments all.
Phone line is still broke. I should be able to do another update in to weeks or so, plenty more stuff to come.
Sorry for the waits.

daglob

Ahhhh... but it's worth it.

SickAlice

Added The Tick, Mothman, Chairface, The Terror, Dean, The Deadly Bulb, The Deadly Bulbs henchmen, The Human Ton, Barry, Die Fledermaus, Batmanuel, American Maid, Captain Liberty, Chainsaw Vigilante, Paul The Samurai, Caped Cod, Bumbling Bee, Desperadoe, Scarf Ace, Rubber Ducky, Running Guy and Man Eating Cow.

* Sorry if the descriptions are sparse. I didn't have much time today and like I said I actually put most of these together awhile back and I don't remember all the details exactly.

spydermann93

This is one of the best surprises that you brought us, SA!

Thank you so much for these!  Mighty Blue and friends really needed some love :lol:

One thing, though: Die Fledermaus' link is broken.  It links to the DeadlyBulb.

Cyber Burn

Holy Cow! This is an awesome update. So many wonderful toys, very exciting!

detourne_me

SPOON!!!
Great job on all these guys SA! Can't believe you did Batmanuel and Die Fleidermaus. Sewer Urchin and Chainsaw Vigilante are totally great too.

ElijahSnowFan

THAT'S JUST AWESOME

SPOON!!

SickAlice

Thanks all. Glad your got some enjoyment out of these.
And  :doh: I'm starting to think my subconscious is making me break one link every update to preserve continuity or it's some conspiracy with an alternate future self.
Sorry about that and thanks for the info. Die Fledermaus link is fixed.

Starman

Awesome  :thumbup: The fact a Chippendale Chairface skoped mesh exists makes me smile.

Kenn

Quote from: SickAlice on February 10, 2014, 12:38:41 AM
I also moved some of the verts on the chest to make skinning a star a bit easier.

Considering Captain Liberty's costume, "skinning a star" on her chest is a very appropriate term.   :blink:
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Podmark

Wow! I can never get over how much you create.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Belated thanks.

Added the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Cyber Burn

The Turtles look fantastic. I hope you don't mind the suggestion, but have you thought about using Gren's "Bengal_Gren" Mesh for Raph, and his "Chaka_Khan_Gren" Mesh for Mikey? Because they already have the Weapons that you want, they should already have the appropriate animations for them.

I don't have the links for them with me, but I can send you the FFvt3R versions (Or the originals if you want) when I get home.

SickAlice

I have them. I made them male_basic compatible so anyone can skope them wherever they please. I tried Chaka Khan but couldn't pull off nunchuck #2 with that one (promising for a Bruce Lee though?). Personally I suggest anyone skope Mike onto whichever mesh is used in Benton's mod, it has perfect chuck animations. Like I said I just wanted the physiques out there for anyone to play with. Bengal, lol. What's silly is now that you say it that was the one I did choose for Raph, but when I finally got to it I forgot what mesh I was using and grabbed Demon instead.

Cyber Burn

Bruce Lee with 'Chucks, now that would make my day.

Speaking of Chucks...Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris, now that would make my year.  :D

SickAlice

Your year is made (disciple of the Tao here, nothing about the Chosen One escapes my attention ;)).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtZNvK3fTlM

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on November 24, 2014, 07:50:13 PM
Your year is made (disciple of the Tao here, nothing about the Chosen One escapes my attention ;)).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtZNvK3fTlM

Last weekend was a "5 Deadly Venoms" movie marathon.

This weekend was a "36th Chamber of Shaolin" movie marathon.

Thanksgiving weekend...Bruce Lee marathon!

Nothing like the Old School Martial Arts flicks.

Just downloaded your Turtles, so I look forward to checking them out.

Podmark

Hey neat Turtles! I like how you included different versions.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I tried to watch the Ten Commandants but passed out from too much eating.

Thanks for the Turtle props. Not happy with them personally mostly because it urks me that I can't figure out a good way to make the shells work. I hope to see someone make that work someday.

bearded

How do you want the shells to work?

SickAlice

Well they're pretty jittery for lack of a better word. The first time I just weighted them. That was a mess of course since they ended up following every biped and there were verts going in any direction. I sat and thought on it a bit and the logistics are weird. I imagined having a real shell on my back, the top attached to my shoulder blades and bottom to my tailbone, then trying to bend down to pick something up. I had a plan to to make it follow two points like this but then again if it's attached to say Spine1 and Pelvis it will end up unnaturally bending at least using any methods I have available? So I attached it to Spine1. The issue there is during animations especially ones where there's a good amount of movement the top of the shells pull away from the body. Likewise the bands pop in and out of the body though that's really only a factor when it's a strap going across the top of the shell. The how is the part that was beyond me but it would be ideal if they didn't pull away at the top yet did it without bending. The more I think about that honestly I'm not sure turtle shells on a human body could actually work like this in real life even or at best ones movements would really be restricted.

oldmanwinters

Quote from: SickAlice on February 10, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

For all of the TMNT I brought in a new body sculpted from the model from the game TMNT, sculpted new heads and extra parts and new weapons. Don is on male_staff by Grenadier, Leo is on male_hunter, Mikey is on Nightwing by INk and Raph is on Demon by Gren. All four come with four skins each: TMNT as the standard, a 2003 cartoon, 80's cartoon and classic Mirage Studios as the alts. They're still pretty beta. Mostly I just wanted to get the bodies into the fold. I didn't do much keyframe work. There's the usual vert drag in the clavicles but not so unusual that it becomes noticeable in game. The shells and straps were a bigger problem. Imagine you have an unbend-able shell on your back and the top attaches to your shoulder blades, the bottom to your tailbone. Now try and bend down at the knees and pick something up off the ground. Doable but now put it in 3d terms. The issue was if I weighted the shell it would bend. Also it would follow more than the spine and pelvis, especially the clavicles causing it to stretch out like armwings. So I opted to attach it to the spine node as it looks best there. The belts tend to ghost a bit. The alternatives were however much worse. Hopefully this can be given a polish later but it isn't overbearing or anything. The different variations are of course normally different sizes but I didn't want to release individual meshes. If one were inclined simply bring down the size in the handle nodes a little.

Any of these can be downloaded at the following link:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/other.html

I've been following Benton's TMNT mod for a while.  So cool to see the new skin options for the Turtles!

SickAlice

Thanks. Thanks for bumping this and reminding me of something as well. I " think " I may have the shell issue licked. Or I need to experiment and hope the shells don't bend. It's on hold while I finish other things but if anyone's inclined to try it or with similar the idea I'm think for Blender is to open the mesh the weights need to get copied from, so male basic in this case, and delete much of the geometry from the model only leave some of the torso and pelvis. This way when the shell weight copies from the mesh it only picks up the information for the spine and pelvis. I'm not 100% sure it will work but I've been having a bit of success with similar things lately as well as multi-model weight copying (the latter is a real helpful find, that's going to open more doors). I'm working on a lot of Turtles stuff. That and X-Men are what got me into comics so I get straight undernerdy about it, lol. Okay technically the Fantastic 4 did. My mother read F4 as well as Hulk and Wonder Woman and is the one who turned me onto comics (she gave me a bunch of F4 comics and Secret Wars toys for my fifth birthday) but the F4 really didn't stick back then. Like most it was the cartoon series that drew me in and like most teens I gravitated towards gritty, edgy stuff by Independants. But here I am rambling. Thanks for the compliment, expect more Turtles stuff this year. Looks to be a good one as we have a few people who want to work together on this one. We're going to see a nice volume of Turtles characters by the years end.

oldmanwinters

Right on!

I'm sorry I'm just now making your acquaintance, SickAlice.  I'm a big fan of the TMNT myself, and finding out about Benton's Mod was actually what brought me to these boards.  Great place even if I haven't posted here in a while.  I'm assisting Benton with a few frills on the Mod, the most notable of which is a potential introduction sequence and mission-specific loading screens for the mods.  It's been a while since I've touched based with Benton, as we have both become busy with work, school, and life.  But I still take great enjoyment in seeing progress on the project.

Here are links to some of my art work that may be utilized in the Mod...
Intro Sequence progress:
http://oldmanwinters.deviantart.com/journal/Turtle-Tracks-Tribute-Series-363353675

General TMNT drawings:
http://oldmanwinters.deviantart.com/gallery/26614019/Ninja-Turtles

SickAlice

Thanks. I only regret I'm being fashionably late with all this. The proposition came up...last fall was it now? Unfortunately as well as adding to the fun of doing it however, many of Turtle franchise characters are unconventional in shape and movement so it's tricky figuring out how to make them work right in game (see shells again). Likewise life and work, and no more school but age here though my situation has opened up a bit of sit on butt time. Oddly I'm starting to enjoy it. If callback is the issue don't worry, it's going to be awhile on my end as I assume anyone else pitching in here. Thanks for the reference material. My biggest difficulty has been locking down which look to use for certain characters (I'm inclined to hodgepodge mostly). Nice again to see there's many hardcore Turtles fans here, Eastman and Laird definitely made it worth it. Gosh, now I'm craving a box of Ninja Turtles cereal. That was my study diet in my preteens along with those nasty Turtle pies. I wonder if there's a dusty box on a grocery store valance shelf somewhere? I would probably eat it even if stale just to rekindle the nostalgia.

oldmanwinters

Quote from: SickAlice on June 03, 2015, 10:28:49 PM
Gosh, now I'm craving a box of Ninja Turtles cereal. That was my study diet in my preteens along with those nasty Turtle pies. I wonder if there's a dusty box on a grocery store valance shelf somewhere? I would probably eat it even if stale just to rekindle the nostalgia.

Even I'll admit the cereal wasn't that good, despite the fact I ate so much of it.  I actually think my tastes have adjusted that I might actually enjoy the "ninja net" pizzas more these days.  But the best part of that whole run was definitely the box art (they often had mazes and games on the back of the box and the promotional items like the mini-comics or the bowls that actually came attached to the boxes!  I don't know any other cereal company that sold you a bowl along with your cereal.  I still have my old set too.