News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Other page updates

Started by SickAlice, February 10, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Oh my god the bowl. Put that on the list. I'm making some map objects as well of things like the cereal box and arcade cabinet. Must include the bowl. I'm convinced that terrible diet is part of why I'm so unhealthy now. Well worth it.  :cool:

oldmanwinters

Quote from: SickAlice on June 05, 2015, 12:10:07 AM
Oh my god the bowl. Put that on the list. I'm making some map objects as well of things like the cereal box and arcade cabinet. Must include the bowl. I'm convinced that terrible diet is part of why I'm so unhealthy now. Well worth it.  :cool:

For as preachy and moralistic about the environment the Turtles could be back in the 1990s, I don't know that I ever remember them ever trying to teach kids good eating habits.  Probably for the best since they ate a steady diet of pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and midnight snack)... they wouldn't have had much credibility on the subject.   :thumbup:

SickAlice

My eating habits are REALLY terrible right now. I had pizza and donuts for supper last night. It's intentional though. Normally I eat a pretty balanced if not constrained and limited diet. But between surgeries I've lost tons of weight for quickly, and that isn't a good thing. So the surgeon pretty much said " Change of plans. be the pig Alice! ". Thus: Oink oink. I'm now doing my part to increase the blood flow of the economy and eat as much crap as humanly possible. It's not what I'm used to and a little weird for me. I allot snacks normally but as a reward and in moderation. It is working though to keep me fit and regular. I guess everything has it's time and place. In the Turtles defense I would not have become a martial artist if not for them and I'll safely say that's pretty much saved my life a couple times now.

SickAlice

spydermann93

He looks great, SA!!! Can't wait to check him out!

EDIT: Ok, I just checked him out, and HOLY CRAP! That's a lot of... I mean, he looks AMAZING!

I love the way his spines glow when he uses his breath attack! Definitely worthy of the King of Monsters!

SickAlice

Again that's all on Pipeworks and Val. I was just the middleman but thanks. That is one real nice looking model for sure. I regret having any stretching on it but this was harder to work with then I assumed. Anyways as long as someones happy with it that's what matters. I sent him around the city myself and punched down a few buldings, lol. He's a fun one to play as.

* it took a bit of digging but that talented modeler is Charles Jacobi.
http://www.chucktropolis.com/portfolio_list.html

SickAlice

Podmark

I had that toy! Was the belt always supposed to be a bandolier? Was I using the toy wrong the whole time? lol
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Yup. It was for his egg grenades or something. I didn't stick that on there in the first place but figured it should be there for completions sakes and if anyone wished they could just alpha it out or hide it. This one went a lot easier than I was expecting which is of course cool. I'm still wrestling with getting Mutagen Man to work right though.

SickAlice

Actually while I'm doing a run on TMNT do you have anymore IDW wants Benton? I'm mostly checking off Benton's stuff this month which is more or less going to relate to the Archies comics versions and/or action figures but I may as well shuffle in any of yours as well.

As it stands Mutagen Man, Metalhead and Mondo Gecko are the ones that won't look like their classic counterparts. With MM I just think the old toy design is an eyesore and the Nicktoons one is better so I'm thinking of a merge between the looks. Luckily IDW sort of provided that for me recently. With Metalhead I wanted the old look but it's clunky. The new IDW one is of course just a streamlined version of that so it's choice. With Mondo again I think the toy sucked. It looks more like a chameleon then a gecko. The Archies version and IDW one are more classy and will look better in game overall.

Otherwise again I have Ray Fillet (Archies version), Slash (Archies/toy, not the big blue pineapple one), The Technodrome (having fun figuring out all sorts of cool effects with this), a Y2K Shredder (using a game model and Gren's for this) and a new sculpt for Usagi in the works as is. I'm also looking at April, Fugatoid, Armaggon, Wingnut, Screwloose, Triceratons, Rock Soldiers and some of the vehicles and props down the line though I'm not sure when I'll be able to work them in, winter maybe since I may be stuck in the North this year. Also working on Battletoads and the Dark Queen in a somewhat related subject though these designs are tons of fun to work with and I'm open to doing more.

Cyber Burn

If you're interested, I have some "Rock Soldiers" that I done for Benton a few years back, but I don't think they ever got Skinned. If you want to try and do something with them, I would be glad to send them your way. Also, for your "AceDuck", I don't know what his Egg FX are supposed to look like, but since I already have the ones I did for the Easter Bunny, maybe I could re-color them for your Duck? Just let me know what they need to look like (Along with End Nifs).

SickAlice

That's okay, I wanted to use a rock body I made (GL Hannu) for it. Any FX are always appreciated. To be honest I don't know what they actually look like and I think they don't actually have one at all. They were just a prop that came with the toy to the best of my knowledge and I've never seen him actually use them so however you'd choose to do it would be up to your imagination.

Podmark

Quote from: SickAlice on August 24, 2015, 12:15:03 PM
Actually while I'm doing a run on TMNT do you have anymore IDW wants Benton? I'm mostly checking off Benton's stuff this month which is more or less going to relate to the Archies comics versions and/or action figures but I may as well shuffle in any of yours as well.

Did you mean me? I don't really want to request much right now, got quite the backlog ahead of me. My first choice would be Alopex though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Yeah, you Pod. Sorry, medicine and well things you don't want to know about are turning me slowly into Grandma Klump. <insert whatever emoji for short term memory loss here>
And it's no thing, like I said I'm already on them so it's easier to work anything in now. I'll defiantly make Alopex. I'm interested in the design and already prepped a base nif from Cheetah for that one. Mainframe is still in progress as well, I haven't forgotten. I'm just taking my time with that as well as Arno to make sure I get the details right.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Actually I decided Hepzibah for it but not really a difference other than the tail assignment there.

Added Ray Fillet.

oldmanwinters

Wow, Ace Duck and Ray Fillet!  What a surprise to be served up a fowl and fish platter!

Great work on them both, and I look forward to whatever comes next in the TMNT mod.

What plans do you have to update April O'Neil skin?  The previous version (by Laughing Paradox, I think) was pretty faithful to the classic cartoon, but didn't have much in the way of accessories.

SickAlice

Modern. I think the prior classic ones are fine as is but I was looking at a more teen centric one that captures the appearance of the Fox Box, IDW and Nicktoons versions. I could probably work in a classic type costume as well but I don't that would fit teen portions, asides at least the IDW version has a throwback outfit to wear (I think the Nicktoons motorcycle costume was as well?).She's tail end though anyways so I haven't decided.  Animations aren't my strong suit anyways, if improvement to an existing work is wanted I'm probably one of the last people that should be tapped for that. I'm pushing out Slash tonight and then moving on to Alopex at any rate, classic Slash of course, I'm " so so " on the IDW one through I more think of that as a regurgitated Leatherhead and think the Nick version is a silly eyesore, I refer it to it often as " the big blue pineapple ".

SickAlice

spydermann93

*thinks*

"Wait, Slash?  As in, who I'm thinking about Slash?  As in, THE Slash!?"

*looks at first post*

*Utterly loud and excited squee*

Podmark

Very nice SA. It amuses me to no end to see my old toys being added to the game.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Welcome. Again it's my pleasure. I love those characters and I love every version of the Turtles. Well I dunno about the new film, haven't seen it yet but I love the dynasty is what I mean. I've said it before but I used to live on a diet of TMNT cereal, cream pies and fruit snacks. As well I tried most of my life to get any job working for the Turtles somehow (failed but tried nonetheless). Added I just love doing bright colorful characters, I need it these days and in such a frustrating era as it is. I more can't wait to see what any of you do with them. That Karai knocked my tights off. I still fire up Bentons mod to date and mess around with it. Turtles Forever!

BentonGrey

Ohh my gosh, it's TMNT Christmas!  :D  It is amazing to see one of my biggest wishlists for FF coming to fruition!  When I was working on the TMNT mod, I was pretty sure I'd never see these characters, and here they are in four-color, 3D glory!  They look great, SA, and I can't thank you enough for bringing so much great TMNT content to life!

Quote from: Podmark on August 24, 2015, 03:13:17 AM
I had that toy! Was the belt always supposed to be a bandolier? Was I using the toy wrong the whole time? lol
Haha, this made my day!  Ace was always one of my favorite toys.  I think a lot of us probably used that bandolier as a belt from time to time. ^_^

Alopex is a great character, so good choice, Pod!

As it stands Mutagen Man, Metalhead and Mondo Gecko are the ones that won't look like their classic counterparts. With MM I just think the old toy design is an eyesore and the Nicktoons one is better so I'm thinking of a merge between the looks. Luckily IDW sort of provided that for me recently. With Metalhead I wanted the old look but it's clunky. The new IDW one is of course just a streamlined version of that so it's choice. With Mondo again I think the toy sucked. It looks more like a chameleon then a gecko. The Archies version and IDW one are more classy and will look better in game overall.

Either MM design is fine by me, so if you like the Nicktoons one better, I'm all for it. I will say, though, I think MM is ALWAYS an eyesore!  :P  Ha! 

I rather like the clunkiness of the classic Metalhead, I suppose because it reminds me so much of the proportions of the toys themselves, but the IDW version is so close that it doesn't matter.  As long as I can get a version that is full size, I'll be thrilled. 

As for Mondo Gecko, you really can't go wrong by choosing an Archie version, as far as I'm concerned!  :D

Otherwise again I have Ray Fillet (Archies version), Slash (Archies/toy, not the big blue pineapple one), The Technodrome (having fun figuring out all sorts of cool effects with this), a Y2K Shredder (using a game model and Gren's for this) and a new sculpt for Usagi in the works as is. I'm also looking at April, Fugatoid, Armaggon, Wingnut, Screwloose, Triceratons, Rock Soldiers and some of the vehicles and props down the line though I'm not sure when I'll be able to work them in, winter maybe since I may be stuck in the North this year. Also working on Battletoads and the Dark Queen in a somewhat related subject though these designs are tons of fun to work with and I'm open to doing more.

I cannot wait to see this animated Technodrome!  Maybe I'll include a RR mode in the TMNT mod where the player uses the Technodrome to level the city. :thumbup:

Ohh man, I'd love to see a new sculpt of Usagi!  I definitely want to have him in the mod.

Have you seen the Rock Soldier skopes that were made for the TMNT mod?  They might be useful to you.

Fugatoid will be a great addition as well!  He's a great and classic character with a neat look, and having him plus some Triceritons will give me a chance to send the TMNT to space eventually!

But coolest of all, and the things that I am, by far, most excited about, are Wingnut, Screwloose, and Armaggon!  That is too awesome!  Those guys are the ones that I thought least possible, and three that I wanted most! :D

Turtles forever!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Your welcome. I had a lot of those old toys. Actually my bro really did, he was the rich kid that would invite me over to play with the stuff. I had whichever ones were on sale at KMart or factory run-off (like Grossballs instead of Madballs which were Madballs with paint defects). I had the blimp, that was my pride and joy. Mine didn't come with the patch kit it was supposed to thus when the day came it was done for. I tried to buy a new one but it was a variant that didn't look like the one from the cartoon so I passed. I had that weird jetski (I think it was called a Footski?) for some reason. I think every kid owned that toy somehow, lol. I had good old Ace of course and the Frogs. I use to use rubber Battletoads figures as the unmade frog characters.

Mutagen Man and Metalhead will have merged elements so note that rather than being any specific. Basically whatever I think comes out best in game. In Metalheads case I already figured out how to pull it off so he can have two variant skins, one that will look closer to the IDW version and the other to the 80's toy if that makes sense. Both designs are close enough to pull it off I think, the IDW design was clearly more inspired by the classic toy than anything. And Mutagen Man most certainly is, not as bad as that pizza chef guy but yeesh. And trying to make him look decent in 3d is just as bad. I'll figure out something, call it the Freedom Force-verse version of the character I guess. I've wanted to sculpt that Usagi for a long time. As far back as when I made the first one. I want it to look exactly like the Stan Saki version action figure. I think I finally have the knowhow to pull it off. Rock Soliders will be off a ways, Fugatoid further since I have to sit down and sculpt that one from scratch. I'll probably just skope over my rock body to your rock soldiers and add a helmet. And then resculpt Granitors head so he has a beak instead. Triceratons are a given, another character I wanted to do since I first started skinning even. I'm considering other characters from various versions of the series as well, it's just a matter of if I get a request and/or I get an idea of how to pull them off.

BentonGrey

Quote from: SickAlice on August 26, 2015, 05:40:03 AM
I had the blimp, that was my pride and joy. Mine didn't come with the patch kit it was supposed to thus when the day came it was done for. I tried to buy a new one but it was a variant that didn't look like the one from the cartoon so I passed.
I had the blimp too!  Man, I LOVED that thing!  I thought it was about the coolest vehicle ever.  I think my balloon may have lasted all of five minutes. :unsure:  Haha, I always wanted to fill it with helium, but that was out of reach.  Maybe one of these days I'll buy one on eBay and do that.  :P  That would be a pretty cool conversation piece in my office, just a Turtle blimp hanging out on the ceiling...

I had that weird jetski (I think it was called a Footski?) for some reason. I think every kid owned that toy somehow, lol. I had good old Ace of course and the Frogs. I use to use rubber Battletoads figures as the unmade frog characters.

Hey, why didn't I think of that?!  That's brilliant!  ^_^

Mutagen Man and Metalhead will have merged elements so note that rather than being any specific. Basically whatever I think comes out best in game. In Metalheads case I already figured out how to pull it off so he can have two variant skins, one that will look closer to the IDW version and the other to the 80's toy if that makes sense. Both designs are close enough to pull it off I think, the IDW design was clearly more inspired by the classic toy than anything. And Mutagen Man most certainly is, not as bad as that pizza chef guy but yeesh. And trying to make him look decent in 3d is just as bad. I'll figure out something, call it the Freedom Force-verse version of the character I guess. I've wanted to sculpt that Usagi for a long time. As far back as when I made the first one. I want it to look exactly like the Stan Saki version action figure. I think I finally have the knowhow to pull it off. Rock Soliders will be off a ways, Fugatoid further since I have to sit down and sculpt that one from scratch. I'll probably just skope over my rock body to your rock soldiers and add a helmet. And then resculpt Granitors head so he has a beak instead. Triceratons are a given, another character I wanted to do since I first started skinning even. I'm considering other characters from various versions of the series as well, it's just a matter of if I get a request and/or I get an idea of how to pull them off.

I'm completely fine with whatever mixtures of those guys you come up with, SA!  Their designs aren't some that I'm a purist about, like, say, Ace Duck.  :)  Yeah, Usagi well benefit greatly from a sculpt that captures his samurai robes and the like.  His design is just so cool! 

Did you read that IDW annual with the battleworld and the Triceritons?  It made me miss those guys!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oldmanwinters

:thumbup:  Slash looks wonderful.  For some reason, seeing his action figure and Archie skin variants side-by-side reminds me a lot of Wolverine's two classic outfits (orange/brown vs. yellow/blue).

SickAlice, anyway I could bribe you into skinning a REX-1 from the classic Turtles episode "New York's Shinest?"   :D

That and "The Catwoman from Channel Six" were two of my favorite episodes from the 2nd season of the classic toon.  I'm still hoping Benton adapts a good chunk of Fred Wolf Season 2 in future mod missions!

SickAlice

@BentonGrey: Good to know, I've been toiling with how they should look. Anything will capture the elements it needs to I can say that. In the end it's always about what looks best in game and what does not, some things just don't translate to other media. Most designs though I can recapture the original flavor at any rate. April is more a conscious choice like I said as I feel the classic has already had justice done for it just as has the toon Shredder. I'd like to provide things that aren't already attainable. Speaking of which I should stop yakking and get to it. I really need to take programming classes again and make some things to speed this up, though till then I guess it's the grind.

@oldmanwinters: Thanks. He came out better than I expected of myself. I'll consider REX-1 though I have anything else in the que first of course. That scene were he sticks out and grabs his tongue is one of my fondest memories of the whole series. The fact that he had a tongue even and just for the event of that pun occurring, lol!

SickAlice

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Can never have too many droids! :thumbup: