News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Finished Skopes For FF1

Started by Cyber Burn, February 10, 2014, 01:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

I created a new Yahoo Group to hold the Skopes based off of the work that RandomDays has been doing.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cyber_Burn_Freedom_Force_Skopes/

So far, there are two finished packs uploaded to the Group, the Egyptian Pack contains 7 different Skopes, and the Viking Pack has 6 different Skopes. These are all meant for the original Freedom Force game, and may need to be converted to work for FFvt3R.

These should work for Cannonfodder, but may hopefully be useful for Modders as well.

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

Thanks Spyder, they're pretty much just simple body swaps with some of the extra animations removed to lower the file size.

Cyber Burn

The Arabian Pack has now been uploaded. It includes 8 Skopes.

These are for FF1 and may need to be converted to work with FFvt3R.

As always, if there are any issues with either the Skopes themselves, or the "Read_Me" files, please let me know so I can fix them immediately.

Cyber Burn

Uploaded the EVE_Nomad Pack. There was only 1 EVE_Nomad originally, but I altered the Hue of the Skin to give me 3. So the pack includes 3 Skopes, one with a whip, one with a spear, and one with a sword. Not totally happy with the version with the whip, so I may revisit it down the road.

AfghanAnt

Would you mind sharing some screenshots?

Cyber Burn

Yeah, I'll try to get to it sometime this week. Like I said, it's basically the stuff that RandomDays has been importing Skoped onto Meshes that have more appropriate animations, so the guys with swords and shields, or spears, or whatever, can actually use them in game. But I will definitely try to get at least a few pics up by the end of the week.

Cyber Burn

This is the EVE_Nomad Pack. The one with the Sword was Skoped onto the "Crusader_Gren" Mesh. The guy with the Spear was Skoped onto "Male_Basic_Staff", also from Grenadier, and the guy with the Whip was Skoped onto "Blacklash_Tvlite" from Tommyboy. The only reason I altered the Hue of the colors on the Skins was so that people could see a difference between characters to add at least a little variety. In the other packs, the characters are different enough to where I didn't have to do that. Also, like I said, I'm not really happy with the guy with the Whip, but I wanted to have at least three in the pack to release it.

AfghanAnt

Cyber Burn

Longswordsman – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.

Pikeman – Skoped onto "Entwaidamela_FX" by Grenadier.

Spearman – Skoped onto "Entwaidamela_FX" by Grenadier.

Swordsman_V2 – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.

Swordsman_V3 – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.

Horseman – Skoped onto "Entwaidamela_FX" by Grenadier.

Chariot – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.

Knight – Skoped onto "Entwaidamela_FX" by Grenadier.

BentonGrey

Ent's mesh for the spearmen, of course!  Great work, CB!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Thank you Benton, I'm trying to pick Meshes that have weapons similar to the weapons being used by RD's imports so that they could be used to their fullest. Plus I'm also removing all the "Fly" and "Hover" type animations to condense file size.

Cyber Burn

This group was a little more difficult since they didn't have weapons already attached to them, plus some of them were a bit too big for standard "Male_Basic" Meshes, so I had to improvise.

MID_Hero_1 - Skoped onto "Steel_BYD" by The_Beyonder.

Light_Cavalry_2 - Skoped onto "Male_Archer_Round" by The_Beyonder.

MID_Slinger - Skoped onto "Captain_Britain_w_Sword" by Grenadier.

MID_Trade_Cart_1 - Skoped onto "Heimdall" by Grenadier.

MID_Trade_Cart_2 - Skoped onto "Deadpool_Muscular_Updated" by Shevek.

MID_Worker_Forest_1 - Skoped onto "Demon_Gren" by Grenadier. The Axe is from "MID_worker_forest3" from RandomDays.

MID_Worker_Forest_2 - Skoped onto "Grim_Hogun" (Original) by Grenadier.

MID_Worker_Forest_3 - Skoped onto "Male_Basic_Staff_Gren" by Grenadier.

The weapons had to be moved around a bit to get some of them to work right, and other than the "MID_Worker_Forest_1", I think they turned out alright.

Portraits and "Read_Me" files are done, and they are ready for download.

windblown

Wow, really cool work here Cyber & Random :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Thank you Windblown, but really, all credit goes to Random, he did all the hard work on these. I just did a little copying and pasting.

Cyber Burn

"Skoped_Aztecs" pack released today. The pack contains 7 Skopes based off of RandomDays awesome work. All are meant for  :ff: and may need to be converted to work for  :ffvstr:.

Aztec Archer – This is the original version released by RandomDays, all I did was slightly modify the provided Keyframes.

Aztec Horseman – Skoped onto "Entwaidamela_FX" by Grenadier.

Aztec Jaguar – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.

Aztec Knight – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.

Aztec Maceman – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier. This is one Skope with 3 different Skins.

Aztec Pikeman – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier. I really debated which mesh to use as a Base for this one, but the "Crusader_Gren" Mesh had both the Shield and the Cape, so it seemed the best choice.

Aztec Spearman – Skoped onto "Entwaidamela_FX" by Grenadier.

spydermann93

Can't wait to test these guys out! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Cool, let me know what you think about the Aztec Pikeman. If I need to, I can re-Skope it onto the "Entwaidamela_FX" Mesh. The Cape will be static, but it would have more appropriate Spear animations.

Also, since I've been renaming some animations, and removing others, if anyone happens to find any animation glitches in any of these Skopes, please let me know so I can make any required changes.

spydermann93

Actually, the Crusader_Gren mesh works really well for him.

He has a thrust attack (which is a must for spear-wielders) and sweeping movements with the shaft of the spear (which is awesome!).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've already converted all of the meshes (as well as the Vikings and Egyptians), so if you'd like me to send them to you so that you could host them on your site (for convenience), I can most certainly do that :)

The conversion includes skin files all converted to .dds, all ghosting issues fixed, and, of course, a run through EZnifconvert :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on March 23, 2014, 10:46:03 PM
Actually, the Crusader_Gren mesh works really well for him.

He has a thrust attack (which is a must for spear-wielders) and sweeping movements with the shaft of the spear (which is awesome!).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've already converted all of the meshes (as well as the Vikings and Egyptians), so if you'd like me to send them to you so that you could host them on your site (for convenience), I can most certainly do that :)

The conversion includes skin files all converted to .dds, all ghosting issues fixed, and, of course, a run through EZnifconvert :P

Cool, I'm glad the "Crusader_Gren" Mesh worked for the Pikeman, I was a bit hesitant with it.

As for the converted Meshes, I would love to have them, and be glad to host them as well.

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

Converted versions of the Aztecs, Egyptians, and Vikings are now available, courtesy of Spydermann93.

Cyber Burn

"Skoped_Greeks" pack released today. The pack contains 5 Skopes based off of RandomDays' work. All are meant for  :ff: and may need to be converted to work for  :ffvstr:.

Composite_Bowman_Greece – All I did was slightly modify the existing Keyframes.     (Skope_Greek_Archer)

Chariot_Greece – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.                                   (Skope_Greek_Chariot)

Longswordsman_Greece – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.                      (Skope_Greek_Longswordsman)

Spearman_Greece – Skoped onto "ENT_Warrior" by Grenadier.                                  (Skope_Spearman_V1)

Swordsman_Greece_v2 – Skoped onto "ENT_Warrior" by Grenadier.                           (Skope_Spearman_V2)

For Pics, see RandomDays thread: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55909.msg771560#new

spydermann93

Awesome!

I'll get to converting these and I will send them to you when I get the chance. :cool:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on March 27, 2014, 05:18:21 PM
Awesome!

I'll get to converting these and I will send them to you when I get the chance. :cool:

Perfect. Thank you!

spydermann93

Consider them done :ph34r: (I actually was able to do them rather quickly, this time :P)

They are on their way.

Cyber Burn

Converted versions of the Greeks are now available, courtesy of the super fast Spydermann93. Much appreciated my friend!  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 27, 2014, 04:59:33 PM
"Skoped_Greeks" pack released today. The pack contains 5 Skopes based off of RandomDays' work. All are meant for  :ff: and may need to be converted to work for  :ffvstr:.

Composite_Bowman_Greece – All I did was slightly modify the existing Keyframes.     (Skope_Greek_Archer)

Chariot_Greece – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.                                   (Skope_Greek_Chariot)

Longswordsman_Greece – Skoped onto "Crusader_Gren" by Grenadier.                      (Skope_Greek_Longswordsman)

Spearman_Greece – Skoped onto "ENT_Warrior" by Grenadier.                                  (Skope_Spearman_V1)

Swordsman_Greece_v2 – Skoped onto "ENT_Warrior" by Grenadier.                           (Skope_Spearman_V2)

For Pics, see RandomDays thread: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55909.msg771560#new

Check the "Updated Files" Section for an update to the "Greek_LongSwordsman". The File was updated by RandomDays to adjust the Shield.

spydermann93

Awesome!

Consider the converted updated mesh on its way! :ph34r: