News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Fellowship, but not of the Ring

Started by BentonGrey, February 10, 2014, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks, good news seems to be in the wind!  My doctoral ambitions are looking pretty good.  Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement!  It isn't set in stone yet, but I've been nominated for the bigger of two fellowships from the University of Arkansas.  Now the nomination goes to the Graduate School, but it seems I am in a good position.  I'm relatively certain that this step is a formality.  I feel like Atlas when Hercules shouldered the world for a space!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Bloodshadow

That is very cool Benton :thumbup:
Congrats on your nomination! :cool:

spydermann93

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

DrMike2000

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Randomdays

Congrats.......Wow, someone doing their doctorate on Freedom Force - who would of thought?

:P

Glitch Girl

Congratulations!  That's great news!
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

thalaw2

Congrats!  I'm sure you're in there like swim wear.  But I'll keep sending positive thoughts just in case.
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!!!   :thumbup:

Quote from: Randomdays on February 11, 2014, 05:22:46 AM
Congrats.......Wow, someone doing their doctorate on Freedom Force - who would of thought?

:P

If only.  I'm pretty sure I've already completed a doctorate and a post-doc in FF in terms of hours....
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Randomdays

Today's thesis is on why Aqauman is cool and kicks butt. The presentation is approximately 12 hours long and I've locked the doors.

Cyber Burn

The scary things is, is that as passionate about Aquaman that Benton is, he could probably be able to (Very easily) make it into a killer presentation.

daglob

Yeah, people would leave the presentation KNOWING that Aquaman was cooler than Wolverine...

steamteck

Congrats!  I'm glad all your hard work has come to fruition.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Randomdays on February 12, 2014, 11:47:10 PM
Today's thesis is on why Aqauman is cool and kicks butt. The presentation is approximately 12 hours long and I've locked the doors.
How did you know what I'm specializing in?!  Ha, I would love to teach a class on how awesome Aquaman is one of these days... :P

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 13, 2014, 03:21:03 PM
The scary things is, is that as passionate about Aquaman that Benton is, he could probably be able to (Very easily) make it into a killer presentation.
Haha, thanks CB!

Quote from: daglob on February 15, 2014, 09:51:05 PM
Yeah, people would leave the presentation KNOWING that Aquaman was cooler than Wolverine...
Well, he is, so that shouldn't be too hard...  ;)

Thanks Steamteck!
God Bless

Deaths Jester

And here I thought the evil I had committed in hopes of you not joining the fellowship would work.  Blast it!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

hoss20

I'm sorry I missed this earlier. This is quite an accomplishment and you and your family should be very proud. We're all pulling for you here that everything goes smoothly.

crimsonquill

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!  It's confirmed and I've accepted, so I'm going back to school in the Fall! :D
God Bless

spydermann93

Congratulations, Benton!

I wish you the best of luck! :D

daglob

ShortFuse

Congratulations on your achievement.

BentonGrey

God Bless

Deaths Jester

Blast it all!!!  And here I was going to use your credit rating to get myself a new house near the liquor store.  But no, I can't do that now if you run off to school again.  RRRRR!

BentonGrey

Haha, sorry to disappoint you my inebriated friend. :lol:
God Bless

Cyber Burn

You are very inspiring Benton. I don't know how you keep it up. I really appreciate you always having such a positive attitude towards School.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 26, 2014, 03:25:20 PM

You can make it up to my by buying two kegs of vodka, two kegs of rum, and a gallon of mint daiquiris.  What?  Can't folks like mint daiquiris?

daglob

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 28, 2014, 02:10:17 PM

You can make it up to my by buying two kegs of vodka, two kegs of rum, and a gallon of mint daiquiris.  What?  Can't folks like mint daiquiris?

Actually, I've heard they are best by the gallon.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: daglob on March 28, 2014, 09:53:19 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 28, 2014, 02:10:17 PM

Actually, I've heard they are best by the gallon.

They taste even better by the galleon but that's expensive.

hoss20

I had reported this guy to the moderators from another thread last night. Whether the mods needed my prompting or not, they delivered swift justice. It looks like he had posted the same garbage in five different threads.