News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by Midnite, March 04, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Set to be released later this year for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, Batman: Arkham Knight is officially described as:

Quote"In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.'

"Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City.'

"Be The Batman."

Details can be found on Game Informer

Official Batman: Arkham Knight Announce Trailer - "Father to Son"

bat1987

Looks great. I also like the fact its the finale, and want Rocksteady to end on a high note.

Spoiler
I just hope Gotham its not gonna be a complete ghost town due to whole evacuation thing.

In Rocksteady I trust! :thumbup:

Podmark

Count me in!

To be honest I'm not that excited about the batmobile...yet. All depends on how it's implemented in game.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Some cool stuff on GI that's updated regularly
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/arkhamknight.aspx

Includes info on new moves, next gen approach, villains, new suit etc.

Podmark

Cool, thanks for the link.
Can't wait to get this game. I love the Arkham series.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I already pre-ordered it. Should be a lot of fun.

JeyNyce

What system are you guys going to get it for?  Since I don't have any next-gen consoles, I'll be getting this for the PC.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Podmark

I plan to get a PS4 later this year, so that's what I'll get it on.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Don't have a next gen console, so getting it on PC like previous entries :)

laughing paradox

I'm getting it for the PS4.

It's a pretty cool console.

Tomato

... I'm sorry, I really do enjoy Arkham Origins, but all I can think when I hear news about the DLC now is "Aww, that's cute. They still think people care."

Now, Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play the DLC when it comes out... I paid for it, and I wanna see what they do with it (especially now that I've finally finished AO: Blackgate). But with all the news about Arkham Knight coming out right now, I do feel like the Arkham Origins stuff is basically just an afterthought for most fans of the series.

Podmark

The city looks really cool. But when he's shooting things in the Batmobile it turns into a Transformers game - not sure what I think about that.
Game looks very promising.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Just a few minor bits of news on the game:

-Red Hood will be available as a playable character, via Gamestop's Pre-order DLC
-Play arts Kai has a prototype of what they're listing as "Arkham Knight Robin," but given the liberties they take with designs and that it's basically the same as the Arkham City design, I'm waiting for something a bit more official.

bat1987

Red Hood looks ok, I guess. Not super happy with him. Looks like Vidoque meets Assassin's Creed. Can't wait to see how they incorporate guns in the gameplay.

Podmark

Sweet Red Hood - almost got the whole family in these games now! Unfortunately my preorder isn't with Game Stop. How disappointing.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Silver Shocker

I was actually really psyched when I saw Red Hood (and I'm not even a Jason Todd fan). I honestly love his redesign though the hood just being a regular hood obscuring his face is really silly (and does seem to be a bit of Assassin's Creed influence). The ad claims both Red Hood and Harley Quinn will have story missions, which is exactly what I want to hear. I do think it'd be a shame if a lot of fans missed out on the Gamestop exclusive stuff though (sometimes preorder bonuses get realized as paid DLC later, such as the one for Borderlands 2, but it's not always a sure thing)
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Red Hood could not interest me less, and his inclusion actually makes me less interested in the game at large.  As to the footage, I don't know, this game looks a bit...militarized for a Batman game.  Strange.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

To be fair, we don't know the extent of his inclusion yet. Right now, all we know is that he's in there for DLC... and given the fan base for the character, and that this was the last game in the series, it really isn't a surprise. That said... I really, REALLY hope that the fan theory that he's the Arkham Knight is total BS. That would not make me very happy.

Also, we've seen teases of Robin and Red Hood now... where the hell is Batgirl? I want some Cassandra Cain, Dangit!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Silver Shocker

I third that Cassandra Caine. I'd also be happy with Stephanie Brown.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

I agree, but given the inclusion of Oracle and all the Cataclysm references in "City," I think Cain is a far more likely candidate.

Silver Shocker

I'd be perfectly happy with Cass as Batgirl and Steph as Spoiler, and whipping out Cass' martial arts in the challenge modes would really be something. Though I do realize these games are ultimately about Batman. They've  managed to get a lot of characters into these games over time so we'll just have to see who makes it into Rocksteady's next one. I'm hoping for more characters we haven't seen before since that's a big part of the fun of these games, but we'll see.
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Barbara Gordon Batgirl confirmed as part of the season pass DLC:

QuoteBatgirl: A Matter of Family

An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series

I'd have maybe preferred Cain or Steph, but at this point, I'm just happy to be getting any of the Batgirls. I was majorly disappointed when Batgirl didn't show up in the "Those who follow you" trailer. I hope they at least allude to the others with alternate skins.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Here's video of them showing off the new dual play mode in which you play as two different characters at once and can switch between them at will, build up combos off both, etc.  In this case, Batman and Nightwing.

http://batman-news.com/2015/05/17/batman-arkham-knight-dual-play-gameplay/
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tomato

So I just finished all the story missions in Arkham Knight and... Wow, what a way to end the series. I'll refrain from posting spoilers (even the ones revealed early in the game) but I highly encourage people to beat all the most wanted missions, if only to hear something cool during the ending credits.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Tomato on June 30, 2015, 12:53:00 AM
So I just finished all the story missions in Arkham Knight and... Wow, what a way to end the series. I'll refrain from posting spoilers (even the ones revealed early in the game) but I highly encourage people to beat all the most wanted missions, if only to hear something cool during the ending credits.

If only they bothered to do a halfway job of the PC port so I could actually play it.  They made a third party team of only 8 rush port it and acted shocked when it worked horribly and they found themselves with an 18% positive rating on Steam.  It is no longer for sale for PC.  Eventually I will be re-released, but this has been one of the worse PC release fiascos I've ever seen.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Im not big or Arkham universe,but  the game is good.Azraels story was a bit rushed,but nice addition anyway.And FYI you cant kill Batman.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer