News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by Midnite, March 04, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Spade on June 30, 2015, 04:55:33 AM
Im not big or Arkham universe,but  the game is good.Azraels story was a bit rushed,but nice addition anyway.And FYI you cant kill Batman.

Which was pretty much my entire problem with the Dark Knight trilogy.

Tomato

I believe he's referring only to the Azrael scene. Be wary of spoilers for those who haven't beaten it.

Spoiler
for those who havent gotten the riddler stuff done, if you beat the game 100%, then you're treated to the full ending... The implication of which is batman fakes his "death," but then someone (either Bruce with a new identity or someone new) takes on the mantle in his stead. It's a nice balance between a definitive ending and leaving things open for a follow-up if necessary.

That said, something not so well handled was the Arkham Knight. You'll know exactly who he is as soon as you start going through the theater

HarryTrotter

^Yes,I was talking just about Azraels story.Other ending leaves him a lott like the ending of Knightfall.Im guessing thats why Azrael by O'Neil if finnaly collected.Bit ironic since its not the same person.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Batgirl: A Matter of Family trailer

BA Batgirl, a Harley in classic attire, and a Robin team-up? Yes plz.

Edit:fixed

catwhowalksbyhimself

You link qs it up past the actual trailer.

But yeah it does look good.  If only I ever get to play the game.  Sigh.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

JeyNyce

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on July 08, 2015, 10:52:15 PM
You link qs it up past the actual trailer.

But yeah it does look good.  If only I ever get to play the game.  Sigh.

I know how you feel.  I wanted to get it for my PC since it's not coming out for the 360
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

See I knew that the PC wasn't going to work that well cuz my PC isn't that good, so that's kinda why I bought the ps4 in the first place.

Edit: That having been said, I keep seeing all these mods for the PC version. How the frell are their mods if the game doesn't work?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Tomato on July 09, 2015, 03:28:11 AM
See I knew that the PC wasn't going to work that well cuz my PC isn't that good, so that's kinda why I bought the ps4 in the first place.

Edit: That having been said, I keep seeing all these mods for the PC version. How the frell are their mods if the game doesn't work?

It works, just not very well.  FPS is capped (as in hard capped) at 30 and even profession multi-thousand dollar 3 top of the line graphics card systems can't do much better than that any way.  A few folks, presumably the ones with systems similar to whatever the porters were testing with, can run it flawlessly.  In addition, the fist couple of major patches have come out and it's likely approaching playability now for those who bought it before it was pulled.  It will likely be on the market again in a few weeks.

Tomato

So I'm in the middle of post-game stuff (challenges, dlc stories) and... well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but... you know what I kinda miss? Challenge mode. Granted, it was heavily bloated and I didn't bother with it 90% of the time, but it was a nice way of goofing off with the playable characters and trying new combos and things. And while the AR challenges are fine, they can only be played as Batman... and in a game that will soon feature 8 playable characters, it's a little disappointing that I literally can't just play them outside of the main story.

Speaking of DLC, finally played through the Harley DLC... it's fun, but it's relatively short. 2 stealth sections, 2 combat sections, and a boss fight. I got more out of Catwoman's story from Arkham City.

Tomato

Just got done with A Matter of Family: It's a decent DLC, all new maps, though perhaps a bit too short for my taste. Still, it's longer than Harley's DLC, and it's about on par with what we had in Harley's revenge. My only serious gripe is the lack of additions to the showcase... Between Batgirl, Classic Harley, and Top Hat Joker, there's a ton of potential trophies to showcase that we just didn't get here. Still, it's an enjoyable romp, though perhaps not worth the full price for the season pass on its own.

bredon7777

Anybody know if you get anything for doing all the collectibles in "A matter if family?"  Dealing with all of Riddler's BS has kinda burnt me out on collectibles for now, so while I'll probably do them eventually, unless there's a big reward I can't miss, I'm not going to do them now?
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Tomato

Trophy and Achievements is about all. There aren't that many IIRC (the whole DLC+collections took about 3 hours tops), but I had a few weeks to get over my burnout by the time I got to it. I would at least recommend doing the carnival mini games though, they add a bit to the DLC's story (though there's a bit of contradiction with Arkham Asylum... maybe?)

Tomato

Downloading the DLC that came out today (and for those who didn't already have it, the Red Hood mission was apparently added as well), really looking forward to the Bat-Family skin pack... specifically the Robin skin. I'm sorry, but the skins available for Robin were bad, both the bald Arkham design and the New 52 one. I'm so happy to get something a bit more classic.

(Speaking of skins, does anyone know about the stupid locked skin between Anime Batman and Robin? I can't find any information about what the heck it is, to the point where I finally opened a ticked with WB Games to figure out what I was missing)

Silver Shocker

Do you mean the Gotham Knight skin? As I understand it, you unlock that by having a WB games account (they did that with Arkham Origins and AO Blackgate too). I don't know about a Robin skin.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

How's the Batmobile??  One of the reasons why I wanted this game was because they were going to put the Batmobile from the 89/ 92 movies

Tomato

No, I finally figured it out. I was missing the zur en arrh skin.

The 89 batmobile is... Eh. It's basically just a car, and is incapable of doing the combat areas. It doesn't even have boost from what I can tell. Unfortunately it suffers the same way much of the DLC does... you can't really use it outside of the AR missions designed for it specifically... which are cool, but disappointing.

bat1987

Still waiting for the re-release of the pc version :thumbdown:

JeyNyce

Quote from: bat1987 on August 19, 2015, 10:00:23 AM
Still waiting for the re-release of the pc version :thumbdown:

You and me both.  I hope they fix it and as a way of saying sorry, just release everything, game & DLC,  for regular price

Silver Shocker

Speaking of DLC on sale, the season pass on PS4 is on sale this week on the Playstation Store, 10 bucks off.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Silver Shocker

Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 1 is now available, free with season pass.
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Yeah, they're really fun. I 3 starred them all, really helped me get the trophy for 69 stars (which does include dlc challenges, thank goodness for mediocre players like me)

Silver Shocker

~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

Meanwhile, on the PC, we still can't buy even the base game.

Talavar

Way late to this party, but Arkham knight is out on PC, and running tolerably well for most.

Quote from: Tomato on July 12, 2015, 04:18:32 PM
So I'm in the middle of post-game stuff (challenges, dlc stories) and... well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but... you know what I kinda miss? Challenge mode. Granted, it was heavily bloated and I didn't bother with it 90% of the time, but it was a nice way of goofing off with the playable characters and trying new combos and things. And while the AR challenges are fine, they can only be played as Batman... and in a game that will soon feature 8 playable characters, it's a little disappointing that I literally can't just play them outside of the main story.

Speaking of DLC, finally played through the Harley DLC... it's fun, but it's relatively short. 2 stealth sections, 2 combat sections, and a boss fight. I got more out of Catwoman's story from Arkham City.

I think you mentioned you're playing on PS4, but at least on PC, you can do the AR challenges as any character (well, the solo combat challenges at least).  I realize your post is nearly 6 months old, and you've probably moved on to other games, but just throwing that out there.

Silver Shocker

~Rocky Balboa

UnkoMan

So, I dunno... I just beat this game about a month ago.

On PC. Ran fine. A tiny bit of slowdown here and there, but mostly good.

And it's a gorgeous game. The controls and menus are improved. It's super fun figuring out how to take out checkpoints, and all the sneaking areas are great. I had a blast, and it's Batman... I love these Arkham Games. I actually realllly liked Origins. Even the multiplayer (when I could ever get a match started which was almost never), and I usually don't bother with multiplayer.

But was anybody else vastly disappointed by this story?
Spoiler

I mean, it was so obvious Arkham Knight was Jason Todd from the beginning that I figured it must be some kind of red herring. But by the middle point they are hammering home how Batman doesn't trust those closest to him enough AND showing you Jason Todd dying, and it's just impossible for it to not be him. And then it is him. And then Batman figures it out. And then... he stops being a bad guy? Just because? After trying to kill Batman throughout the whole game?
Why? What is happening?

Also, Scarecrow... it's set on Halloween. Scarecrow is suppose to be the "main" villain. And yet they don't utilize any of that. I remember Scarecrow stuff in Asylum being so freaky. The morgue, the shifting halls, watching Gordon die even though I knew it couldn't be real. And then the actual weird Scarecrow level bits, which were interesting. All that sort of thing is missing. Barbara died but it didn't seem... I don't know. And then Gordon got mad but it hit no emotional cues and he was just gone for a really long time.
The fear factor was sorely missing.
I mean even in Origins, remember the parts running through the Joker's mind? Where was the crazy crap like that? There was the part at the end where Joker was in Batman's mind in a sort of first person shooter... that was okay. I wanted more weird stuff.

The story was a biiigggg let down, compared to previous ones.
I did like lots of things about it though. And driving the Batmobile was cool. The first time.

After having to do a billion races, and having most of the boss battles be the tank, it got really old and I was super bored. One punch Deathstroke? Ugh.

So, yeah, fun to play but it could have used some better stuff. Not that it was all bad. There's a Joker musical number that is really great.