Sentinels of the Multiverse Play by post edition

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, April 06, 2014, 06:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Tachyon uses Hypersonic Assault.
Does that do damage to all enemies automatically? (or do I need to specify?)

She then uses her power to check next card in her deck.
(will decide based on that whether or not to discard it)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: abenavides on May 15, 2014, 07:57:47 PM
Tachyon uses Hypersonic Assault.
Does that do damage to all enemies automatically? (or do I need to specify?)

Since it does not use the word "may" the damage is non optional and hits everything that isn't a hero target.
Tachyon tried to deal 1 damage to Ambuscade, but he is immune to damage.
Tachyon deals 1 damage to Automated Turret.  Automated Turret cannot deal damage.  Automated Turret is now at 7 hp.
Tachyon deals 1 damage to the first Sonic Mine.  Sonic Mine cannot deal damage.  Sonic Mine is destroyed.  Sonic Mine attempts to deal damage to all hero targets but cannot.
Same things happens to the other Sonic Mine.
Tachyon deals 1 damage to the Cloaking Device.  It is now at 6 hp.  It cannot deal damage.
Tachyon deals 1 damage to the Custom Hand Cannon.  It is now at 4 hp. It cannot deal damage.

The top card of Tachyon's deck is
Spoiler

Blinding Speed: One-Shot, Burst--Destroy 1 Environment card or 1 Ongoing card.

You may draw it or discard it and draw the next one.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done.  It is now Ra's Turn.

HP: 30
Base Power: Pyre--Ra deals 1 Target 2 Fire damage.
In Play: None
Hand:
Spoiler

Flesh of the Sun God: Ongoing--"Ra is immune to Fire Damage.
Power: Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage until the start of your next turn."
Inferno: One Shot--"Ra deals 1 target 3 Fire Damage.
Ra deals up to 5 other Targets 1 Fire Damage each."
Imbued Fire: Ongoing, Limited--"Increase all Fire Damage by 1.
Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire.
Power: Destroy this card."
Excavation: One-Shot--"Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.
You may draw as many cards as you moved this way."

bearded

Ok, I will play Imbued Fire. Does this mean all future fire damage is increased by 1? And I am not sure what it means by "Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire."
Then I will use base power on Cloaking Device.
And I will draw a card.

Avast, ye Varlot! Reveal thyself!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: bearded on May 16, 2014, 07:29:33 AM
Ok, I will play Imbued Fire. Does this mean all future fire damage is increased by 1? And I am not sure what it means by "Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire."
It means that all heroes are now doing fire damage.  Since all fire damage is increase by one, it's a damage boost for the entire team.

Ra deals 3 points of damage to the Cloaking Device.  It is now at 3 hp.
Ra draws another Flesh of the Sun God.

It is now Wraith's turn.

HP: 22 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Hand:
Spoiler

Trust Fund: One Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Trust Fund: One Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card.
Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck.
You may play a card."
Micro Targeting Computer: Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

For your convenience, here's a list of Equipment cards still in your deck.
Spoiler

Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Mega Computer: Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer: Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Stun Bolt:Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Throwing Knives: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.

Deaths Jester

Alright, I'll play "Trust Fund".
Then draw one card to end my turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Trust Fund draws
Spoiler

Suture Self: One-Shot--The Wraith regains 3 HP.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

You must now choose 2 cards to discard.  They do not have to be from among the cards you just drew (although they can be) just any two.

I'll post your final card draw once you've chosen discards.

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sorry, I meant to go ahead and start Legacy's turn, but didn't.

Anyhow, Wraith now draws
Spoiler

Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

It is now Legacy's turn.

HP: 32
Base Power: Galvanize--Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1.
Hand:
Spoiler

Bolster Allies: One Shot--Each player draws a card.
Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may
redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that
Damage by 3.

Reepicheep

"He can't stay hidden for long, friends! Stay vigilant!"

Legacy will use Bolster Allies, followed by his base power, then draw a card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm going to assume that Wraith used her base power unless DJ says otherwise.  It's the only power she has right now and has no downside.

Anyhow, Bolster allies gives everyone cards!
Legacy also draws a card for his regular turn.

Haka
Spoiler
Elbow Smash:One-Sho--Haka deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.

Tachyon
Spoiler
Research Grant:Ongoing--Power: Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.

Ra
Spoiler
Wrathful Gaze:Ongoing--Power: Destroy 1 Target with 2 or fewer HP.

Wraith
Spoiler
Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.

Legacy
Spoiler
Back-Fist Strike: One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 4 Melee Damage.
Motivational Charge: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

It is now the Environment's turn.

Cards in play: none

The Environment plays Pterodactyl Thief, 5 hp
At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all Equipment cards. Put cards destroyed this way beneath this card. Then, this card deals each Hero Target X Sonic Damage, where X = the number of cards beneath this card.
When this card is destroyed, return cards beneath this card to the players' hands.

Since this card does not act until the beginning of the Environment turn, nothing further happens.  And that is the end of Round 1.  Round 2 start of round summary and Villain turn coming up.

catwhowalksbyhimself

"I am the greatest hunter who ever lived.  You will never survive, heroes" Ambuscade gloats, before touching a button on his wrist and turning dissappearing right before them.  And invisible charge of energy burns wraith and gunfire from an automated turret hidden in the jungle and a gun fired from an invisible hand both hit Haka.  Haka grunts, barely seeming to notice, before beginning to chant an ancient haka from his people.  His wounds immediately begin to close up.

His gunfire briefly giving him away, Tachyon speeds into action, dinging his stealth field long enough to briefly turn him visible.  Seizing the moment, Haka throws a rock at him, while Ra summons a stream of fire.  The stealth field is flickering now, the device on Ambuscade's wrist beginning to smoke.

In the meantime, Tachyon has also knocked over the turret, found two sonic mines hidden in the brushes and safely deposited them half a mile away before they explode, and written some notes on sonic technology before rejoining the others on the battlefield.  This takes about half a second.

As she returns Ra's eyes glow.  The hands, feet, and weapons of all the heroes catch fire.  Haka grins. Tachyon writes a note describing the experience.  Wraith does not react at all, busy configuring some new equipment, now on fire, for the battle, and Legacy takes charge, regrouping the heroes for the next round.

Summary, beginning of Round 2

Effects in play:
All Heroes are doing fire damage
All Hero damage is +2
The first damage dealt to Wraith is reduce by 2
Ambuscade is immune to damage
Automated Turret cannot do damage

Side:Invisible Stalker
HP: 50 Highest Villain Target
Cards in play:
Automated Turret: 7 hp
Personal Cloaking Device: 3 hp Lowest Villain Target
Custom Hand Cannon: 4 hp
Spoiler

Automated Turret:Device--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the Highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Custom Hand-Cannon:Device--At the end of the Villain turn, Ambuscade deals the Hero with the most cards in play 2 Projectile Damage.

Cards in play: Pterodactyl Thief: 5 hp
Spoiler
Pterodactyl Thief:Dinosaur--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all Equipment cards. Put cards destroyed this way beneath this card. Then, this card deals each Hero Target X Sonic Damage, where X = the number of cards beneath this card. When this card is destroyed, return cards beneath this card to the players' hands.

HP: 31
Base Power: Crush--Haka deals 1 Target 2 Melee damage
in play: none
Hand:
Spoiler

Haka of Battle: One Shot--"Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards.
Increase the next Damage dealt by Haka by 1 for each card discarded this way."
Savage Mana: Ongoing, Limited--"Whenever Haka destroys a Target, you may put that card beneath this card.
Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Haka deals 1 Target X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way times 2."
Enduring Intercession: Ongoing--Redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target by an Environment card to Haka.  Power: Destroy this card.
Haka of Shielding: One-Shot--Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards. Reduce the next Damage dealt to Haka by 2 for each card discarded this way.
Elbow Smash:One-Shot--Haka deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.

HP: 27
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Hand
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card."
Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card."
Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn."

HP: 30
In Play: Imbued Fire
Spoiler

Imbued Fire:Ongoing,Limited--Increase all Fire Damage by 1. Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire. Power: Destroy this card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Power: Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage until the start of your next turn."
Excavation: One-Shot--"Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.

HP: 22 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Hand:
Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

HP: 32 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Galvanize--Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1.
Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front   : Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited   --Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 3.
Motivational Charge: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

It is now Ambscade's Turn

Side:Invisible Stalker
Cards in play:
Automated Turret: 7 hp
Personal Cloaking Device: 3 hp
Custom Hand Cannon: 4hp
Spoiler

Automated Turret:Device--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the Highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Custom Hand-Cannon:Device--At the end of the Villain turn, Ambuscade deals the Hero with the most cards in play 2 Projectile Damage.

Start: Personal Cloaking Device still in play.  Does not flip
Play: Snatch and Grab: One-Shot--Ambuscade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Melee Damage and (H) minus 1 Energy Damage.
Abuscade deals Legacy a total of 7 damage, leaving him at 25 hp.
End: Ambuscade deals Wraith 2 points of damage.  She now has 20 hp.
Automated Turret tries to deal damage, but cannot.
Ambuscade (using the Custom Hand Cannon) deals Ra 2 points of damage, leaving him at 28.

It is now Haka's turn.

HP: 31
in play: none
Hand:
Spoiler

Savage Mana: Ongoing, Limited--"Whenever Haka destroys a Target, you may put that card beneath this card.
Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Haka deals 1 Target X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way times 2."
Enduring Intercession: Ongoing--Redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target by an Environment card to Haka.  Power: Destroy this card.
Haka of Shielding: One-Shot--Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards. Reduce the next Damage dealt to Haka by 2 for each card discarded this way.

Outcast

"My turn. Let's see how you fare without your cloaking device."...(grunt, grunt)

I'll play Savage Mana. Then use my power Crush to finally destroy his precious cloaking device (with the aid of Ra's fire power..thanks Ra). Then draw 1 card.  :)

Of course, i'll be placing his cloaking device under my Savage Mana. ;)....ooohh...my precious..

catwhowalksbyhimself

Haka deals 4 damage to the cloaking device, destroying it and sucking it up into the Vacuum that is Savage Mana.  You then draw

Spoiler
Taiaha:Equipment,Limited--Power: Haka deals up to 2 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.

Note:  Ambuscade flips and become vulnerable at the start of his turn, so you can't actually start hitting him just yet.

It is now Tachyon's turn.

HP: 27
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Hand
Spoiler

Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn."

abenavides

Tachyon uses Nimble Strike to attack the Automated Turret.
She draws a card from this.

She then uses her base power to look at the next card in the deck.
www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Tachyon deals Automated Turret 3 damage.  Turret is now at 4 hp.

Nimble Strike Draws
Spoiler

Quick Insight:One-Shot,Burst--Draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards.

You now have 1 Burst in your trash.

The next card in your deck is:
Spoiler

Pushing the Limits   Ongoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.

You may either draw this card or discard it and draw the next.

abenavides

www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done.  I forgot to add that the cannot deal damage effect on the turret is gone now, although I kinda doubt it will survive long enough for it to matter.  It is now Ra's turn.

HP: 28
Spoiler

Imbued Fire:Ongoing,Limited--Increase all Fire Damage by 1. Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire. Power: Destroy this card.
Hand:
Spoiler

bearded

Inferno card main target on the turret, secondary targets hand cannon and Ambuscade.

Main power on hand cannon.

Draw a card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Ambuscade is immune to damage.  The only other viable target is the Pterodactyl.

Ra deals 5 damage to the turret, destroying it.  Ra deals 3 and 4 damage to the hand cannon, destroying it.  If you wish, you can target the Pterodactyl which would deal it 3 damage and bring it down to 2.  Up to you though.

In any case you draw

Spoiler
Summon Staff: One-Shot--Search your deck for the Staff of Ra and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may draw a card. You may play a card."

For your reference here is the Staff of Ra.  Several copies are still in your deck.  None are in your hand.

Spoiler
The Staff of Ra: Equipment, Relic, Limited--When this card enters play, Ra regains 3 HP. Increase Damage dealt by Ra by 1. Power: Ra deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage. Destroy this card.

I'll start Wraith's turn as soon as I know what you want to do with that last lot of damage, since it could matter on Wraith's turn.

bearded

Pterodactyl is good. I thought the cloaking device was what was making Ambuscade immune, and I thought the device was gone. That staff sounds great.
QuoteNote:  Ambuscade flips and become vulnerable at the start of his turn, so you can't actually start hitting him just yet.
This. I understand now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Very well, the dino is now at 2 hp.  It is now Wraith's turn.

HP: 20 Lowest Hero Target
Hand:
Spoiler

Deaths Jester

I'll play grappling hook and us it on Insula Primalis.
Will also use base power,draw card, and end turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Pterodactyl is instantly destroyed through the power of grappling hook.

Wraith Draws
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.

It is now Legacy's turn

HP: 25
Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 3.

Reepicheep

"Now is our chance! At the ready! For freedom!"

Legacy shall use Galvanize, then use Surge of Strength, then draw to end turn.

(sorry for the late response)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually, you play first, then use a power.  In this case, however, the order doesn't make much difference.

You play Surge of Strength then draw

Spoiler

It is now the Environment's turn

Cards in Play: None

Start:  Nothing
Play: River of Lava:At the end of the Environment turn, each Hero may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards. Deal any Hero that does not destroy an Equipment card (H) Fire Damage.
At the start of the Environment turn, if each player discards the top 3 cards of their deck, destroy this card.
End: No equipment cards are in play, so no one can destroy any.  Every Hero takes 5 points of damage.   I'm about to do the status update for the next round, so I'll list hp totals there.

This concludes Round 2.

Amuscade, struggling to keep his stealth field up, throws a charged bullet casing at where he thinks Wraith is, but she's blended into the shadows and only receives the edge of the blast.
His position momentarily revealed, Haka and Tachyon, following Legacies instructions,  charge at Ambuscade, pounding his his failing shield.  As Tacyon blazes away into the distance, turning around for the next base, Ra, throws a blazing fireball that engulfs Ambuscade and everything around him.  The turrets pops, as acrid smells filling the air, and stops firing.  The stealth shield fails and Ambuscade drops his now hot gun as he runs into the jungle to escape the inferno.  Wraith, meanwhile, shoots a grappling hook at the dinosaur flying overhead, throwing a handful of something into his face then dropping to the ground and vanishing into the jungle.  The pterodactle shrieks in annoyance and flies away.  Meanwhile the pursuit of Ambuscade is halted when the team come to a blazing river of lava.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Round 3 opening summary.

Effects in play:
All Heroes are doing fire damage
All Hero damage is +2
Legacy's damage is +3 (although his power bonus wears off before he can attack, so it's effectively +2)
The first damage dealt to the Wraith is reduced by 2

Side:Superhuman Hunter
Cards in play: None

Cards in Play: River of Lava
Spoiler

River of Lava:At the end of the Environment turn, each Hero may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards. Deal any Hero that does not destroy an Equipment card (H) Fire Damage.
At the start of the Environment turn, if each player discards the top 3 cards of their deck, destroy this card.

HP: 26
in play: Savage Mana
Cards Under Savage Mana: 1(Personal Cloaking Device)
Hand:
Spoiler

Taiaha:Equipment,Limited--Power: Haka deals up to 2 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.

HP: 22
Burst Count: 1
Hand
Spoiler

Pushing the LimitsOngoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.

HP: 23
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Summon Staff: One-Shot--Search your deck for the Staff of Ra and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may draw a card. You may play a card."
[/spoiler]

HP: 15 Lowest Hero Target
Hand:
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.

HP: 20
In Play: Surge of Strength
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.

It is now Ambuscade's turn.

Start:   He flips to his superhuman  hunter side.  He is no longer immune to damage.
Play:
Charged Attacks:Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Ambuscade by 1. Whenever a Device is destroyed, Ambuscade deals each Target 2 Energy Damage.
End: Ambscade hits Haka for 6 points of damage.  Haka is now at 20 hp.

It is now Haka's turn.  You may begin the savage beating of Ambuscade now.

HP: 20
in play: Savage Mana
Cards Under Savage Mana: 1(Personal Cloaking Device)
Hand:
Spoiler

Outcast

"It's clobbering time"... ;).....or is it "Haka smash Ambuscade now!:blink:  :rolleyes:

Haka plays Elbow Smash, then uses his base power Crush,  then draws a card. :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Haka deals Ambuscade 6 and 5 points of damage thanks to the Nemesis bonus.  Ambuscade is at 39 hp.

Haka draws

Spoiler

It is now Tachyon's turn.

HP: 22
Burst Count: 1
Hand
Spoiler

Pushing the LimitsOngoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.