Sentinels of the Multiverse Play by post edition

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, April 06, 2014, 06:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Tachyon uses Blinding Speed to destroy River of Lava.

She then uses her base power to look at the next card in the deck.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

River of Lava is destroyed

The next card is
Spoiler

Fleet of Foot:One-Shot,Burst--Each player may draw a card. You may play a card.
You may draw or discard it.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done.  It is now Ra's turn.

HP: 23
Base Power: Pyre--Ra deals 1 Target 2 Fire damage.
In Play: Imbued Fire
Spoiler

Imbued Fire:Ongoing,Limited--Increase all Fire Damage by 1. Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire. Power: Destroy this card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Flesh of the Sun God: Ongoing--"Ra is immune to Fire Damage.
Power: Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage until the start of your next turn."
Power: Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage until the start of your next turn."
Excavation: One-Shot--"Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.
You may draw as many cards as you moved this way."
Wrathful Gaze:Ongoing--Power: Destroy 1 Target with 2 or fewer HP.
Summon Staff: One-Shot--Search your deck for the Staff of Ra and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may draw a card. You may play a card."
[/spoiler]

bearded

Summon Staff, Base Power Ambuscade, draw card.

"To me, my Staff!"

catwhowalksbyhimself

I assume you wish to play your staff with your additional play after you draw it?  You can just keep in your hand and play a different card if you wish.

In the mean time Summon Staff, in addition to drawing the Staff of Ra, also draws

Spoiler

Drawn to the Flame:Ongoing--Power: Ra deals each non-Hero Target X Fire Damage, where X = the number of Villain Ongoing cards in play.

bearded

I've lost track of the targets. So I will staff Ambuscade.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay, let me break this down for you.

Ambuscade is the only target left.

Summon staff only puts the Staff in your hand, it doesn't play it.

You get an additional card draw, which I gave you.  You get an additional card play, which you can use to play your shiny new staff.  I assume this is what you want to do, but don't wish to assume.

With the staff in play, you would now get +3 damage without having to use its power.  Using its power would do 1 more point of damage, but would destroy the staff.  This can be a valid strategy.

So do you wish to play the staff now and if you do, do you wish to use your base power or your staff power to attack Ambuscade?

bearded

Ok, I will use my base power, keeping the staff in play for now. Thank you.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Staff of Ra is now in play.  Ra regains 3 hp and is now at 26 hp

Ra hits Ambuscade for 5 damage.  He is now down to 34 hp.

You then draw
Spoiler

Excavation: One-Shot--Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.
You may draw as many cards as you moved this way.

It is now Wraith's turn

HP: 15 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
In Play: None
Hand:
Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Micro Targeting Computer: Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

I can repost that equipment list for you if you should need it.

Deaths Jester

Alright, I'll play Impromptu Invention to pull out Razor Ordinance.
I'll put it into play and target Ambuscade.
Follow that by base power and draw card to end turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Impromtu Invention grants you an additional card draw and an additional card play.

You draw is
Spoiler

Suture Self: One-Shot--The Wraith regains 3 HP.

What do you wish to play for your second card play?

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

Very well, you deal Abuscade 5 points of damage.  He is now at 29 hp.

You draw
Spoiler
Throwing Knives: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.

It is now Legacy's turn.

HP: 20
Base Power: Galvanize--Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1.
In Play: Surge of Strength
Spoiler

Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 3.
Back-Fist Strike: One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 4 Melee Damage.
Motivational Charge: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

Reepicheep

"Cease, Villain! You are outmanned!"

To illustrate his point, Legacy will then punch him in the face with a back-fist strike.

Then galvanize, then draw a card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal 6 points of damage to Ambuscade, leaving him at 23 hp.  Halfway there, folks.

You draw
Spoiler

Danger Sense:Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.

It is now the Envionment's turn.

Cards in Play: None

Insula Primulas plays another River of Lava.

Those of you who have equipment cards out (Ra, Wraith) my destroy one to prevent the damage.  If you don't or don't have any equipment out, you receive 6 fire damage again.  Haka, Tachyon, and Legacy don't have any, so they take 6 damage each.  I'll need to know if Ra and Wraith wish to do so.

bearded

I will divert the lava with my staff.
Have to go to Greensboro for a couple of days. I might not have internet, dunno yet.

catwhowalksbyhimself

So Ra will not be taking damage.  Still need word from Wraith, then we can proceed.

Deaths Jester

I'll dump smoke bombs to avoid the damage.

Edit:  Are we preceding or is there a problem?  Just wondering.....

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually posted an end of round report, but several of my posts have gotten eaten by the forums recently, and I never noticed that it didn't make it online.  Also I dismantled my decks to take them to play with actual live people and haven't pulled them out of the box yet.  Anyhow, now I'm back and ready to go.

So, Haka, Tachyon, and Wraith take 6 damage each.  Legacy and Haka have 14 damage, while Tacyon has 16.

This concludes Round 3.  Again.  Please don't eat this post this time, forum.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Tachyon quickly scouts a way around the lava, although the heat scorches the heroes.  Having crossed one perilous lava flow they immediately run into another.  Sensing an opportunity, Ambuscade leaps out to attack.  This does not turn out to be his best move.  Ra raises his hand, and form out of the sky, the Staff of Ra flies into it.  He and the other heroes they strike in perfect unison, following Legacy's orders and Ambuscade is quickly forced to retreat again.

This begins Round 4.

Effects in play:
All Heroes are doing fire damage
All Hero damage is +2
Legacy's damage is +3 (although his power bonus wears off before he can attack, so it's effectively +2)
The first damage dealt to the Wraith is reduced by 2
Abuscade's damage is +1 and he deals damage whenever a Device is destroyed

Side:Superhuman Hunter
HP: 29 Highest Villain Target
Cards in play: Charged Attacks
Spoiler

Charged Attacks:Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Ambuscade by 1. Whenever a Device is destroyed, Ambuscade deals each Target 2 Energy Damage.

Cards in Play: River of Lava
Spoiler

River of Lava:At the end of the Environment turn, each Hero may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards. Deal any Hero that does not destroy an Equipment card (H) Fire Damage.
At the start of the Environment turn, if each player discards the top 3 cards of their deck, destroy this card.

HP: 14
Base Power: Crush--Haka deals 1 Target 2 Melee damage
in play: Savage Mana
Cards Under Savage Mana: 1(Personal Cloaking Device)
Hand:
Spoiler

Haka of Battle: One Shot--"Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards.
Increase the next Damage dealt by Haka by 1 for each card discarded this way."
Taiaha:Equipment,Limited--Power: Haka deals up to 2 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
Taiaha:Equipment,Limited--Power: Haka deals up to 2 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
Enduring Intercession: Ongoing--Redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target by an Environment card to Haka.  Power: Destroy this card.
Haka of Shielding: One-Shot--Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards. Reduce the next Damage dealt to Haka by 2 for each card discarded this way.

HP: 16
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Burst Count: 1
Hand
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card."
Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn."
Research Grant:Ongoing--Power: Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.
Quick Insight:One-Shot,Burst--Draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards.
Pushing the LimitsOngoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.

HP: 26
Base Power: Pyre--Ra deals 1 Target 2 Fire damage.
In Play: Imbued Fire
Spoiler

Imbued Fire:Ongoing,Limited--Increase all Fire Damage by 1. Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire. Power: Destroy this card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Excavation: One-Shot--"Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.
Wrathful Gaze:Ongoing--Power: Destroy 1 Target with 2 or fewer HP.
Drawn to the Flame:Ongoing--Power: Ra deals each non-Hero Target X Fire Damage, where X = the number of Villain Ongoing cards in play.

HP: 15 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
In Play: Razor Ordinance
Hand:
Spoiler

Micro Targeting Computer: Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throwing Knives: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Suture Self: One-Shot--The Wraith regains 3 HP.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

Base Power: Galvanize--Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1.
In Play: Surge of Strength
Spoiler

Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 3.
Danger Sense:Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.
Motivational Charge: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It is now Ambuscade's turn.

Cards in play: Charged Attacks
Spoiler

Charged Attacks:Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Ambuscade by 1. Whenever a Device is destroyed, Ambuscade deals each Target 2 Energy Damage.

Ambuscade plays Rigged to Detonate:Trap--When this card would enter play, shuffle it face-up in the Villain deck. Whenever this card is face-up on the top of the Villain deck, Ambuscade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) Energy Damage, then discard this card.

Rigged to Detonate is now shuffled in his deck.  He then hits Ra for 5 damage.  Ra is now at 21 hp.

It is now Haka's turn.

Base Power: Crush--Haka deals 1 Target 2 Melee damage
in play: Savage Mana
Cards Under Savage Mana: 1(Personal Cloaking Device)
Hand:
Spoiler

Haka of Battle: One Shot--"Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards.
Increase the next Damage dealt by Haka by 1 for each card discarded this way."
Enduring Intercession: Ongoing--Redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target by an Environment card to Haka.  Power: Destroy this card.
Haka of Shielding: One-Shot--Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards. Reduce the next Damage dealt to Haka by 2 for each card discarded this way.

Outcast

I was really counting on someone like Tachyon to destroy the lava environment thus avoiding damage. Didn't thought it could play another one during it's turn and inflict damage that quickly. Anyway...

"It's no use Tachyon, you may be fast but these lava pools are too many even for you." 

guess i'll have to bring out the heavy artillery.

"Mjolnir! ....ah i mean...Taiaha! come to my aid!"  ( Haka plays Taiaha, hoping to get to do some immediate double damage to Ambuscade besides using the base power Crush.) If my calculation is correct Taiaha will do 3 melee damage plus 2 fire damage and plus 1 nemesis damage. Then Crush will do 2 melee damage plus 2 fire and hoping for another plus 1 nemesis. :rolleyes:

"Captain......Caaaaaaaaaave Maaaaaaan!"  Then i'll draw a card.

Oh, and wasn't Ambuscade's HP at 23 after the Wraith's smoke bomb attack?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on June 18, 2014, 03:20:10 PM
"Mjolnir! ....ah i mean...Taiaha! come to my aid!"  ( Haka plays Taiaha, hoping to get to do some immediate double damage to Ambuscade besides using the base power Crush.) If my calculation is correct Taiaha will do 3 melee damage plus 2 fire damage and plus 1 nemesis damage. Then Crush will do 2 melee damage plus 2 fire and hoping for another plus 1 nemesis. :rolleyes:
Afraid it doesn't work that way.  Taiaha will deal 3 base damage to up to 2 different targets.  Also you can only use one power during your use a power phase, which means you can either use Crush or Taiaha.  Taiaha will deal 1 more damage than Crush, so playing it is still a good move.

Eh, yes.  I was just checking if you paying attention, I promise!

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 18, 2014, 08:39:04 PM
Afraid it doesn't work that way.  Taiaha will deal 3 base damage to up to 2 different targets.  Also you can only use one power during your use a power phase, which means you can either use Crush or Taiaha.  Taiaha will deal 1 more damage than Crush, so playing it is still a good move.

Aww man. Ok i'll do just that then. I really just want to lower his HP as much as i possibly can. :)
3 Taiaha damage, 2 Fire damage, and 1 Nemesis damage then.

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 18, 2014, 08:39:04 PMEh, yes.  I was just checking if you paying attention, I promise!

Well, got confused a little bit with the beginning summary for Round 4. :unsure:

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 17, 2014, 10:24:30 PM
It is now Ambuscade's turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Technically, it's 6 Fire damage, since Imbued Fire turns all damage done into fire, but you're correct in your math, 3 from base, 1 from Imbued, 1 from Galvanized, and 1 from Nemesis.

Anyhow, Haka does 6 points of damage to Ambuscade, leaving him at 17 hp.  Sorry again about not updating his hp correctly.

Haka Draws

Spoiler
Rampage[/b:]One-Shot--Haka deals each non-Hero Target 5 Melee Damage and each Hero Target 2 Melee Damage.

It is now Tachyon's turn.

HP: 16
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Burst Count: 1
Hand
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card."
Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn."
Research Grant:Ongoing--Power: Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.
Quick Insight:One-Shot,Burst--Draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards.
Pushing the LimitsOngoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.

abenavides

If I use Hypersonic Assault, would it prevent the River from doing damage to everyone for a turn?
(want to check I'm reading it right)

Or maybe my teammates would consider discarding 3 cards to kill the River?
www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

The River of lava isn't a target and can't be damaged, so Hypersonic Assault won't do anything do it.  On the other hand, you are discarding the cards from the top of the your deck, not your hand, so it doesn't really cost anything to do so.  That's assuming the game even lasts that long, which according to my math it shouldn't, not unless 2 or three people miss out on damage they could do. 

abenavides

Ok, just keeping it simple. nimble strike to hit Ambuscade for 1

Use base power to check next card
www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal Abuscade 3 damage.  He is now at 14 hp.  You draw

Spoiler

HUD Goggles:Equipment, Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase.

The next card in your deck is

Spoiler