Sentinels of the Multiverse Play by post edition

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, April 06, 2014, 06:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You Draw

Spoiler
Quick Insight:One-Shot,Burst--Draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards.

It is now Ra's turn

HP: 21
Base Power: Pyre--Ra deals 1 Target 2 Fire damage.
In Play: Imbued Fire
Spoiler

Imbued Fire:Ongoing,Limited--Increase all Fire Damage by 1. Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire. Power: Destroy this card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Flesh of the Sun God: Ongoing--"Ra is immune to Fire Damage.
Power: Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage until the start of your next turn."
Power: Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage until the start of your next turn."
Excavation: One-Shot--"Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.
You may draw as many cards as you moved this way.
Excavation: One-Shot--"Put up to 3 cards from the Environment trash on the bottom of the Environment deck.
Wrathful Gaze:Ongoing--Power: Destroy 1 Target with 2 or fewer HP.
Drawn to the Flame:Ongoing--Power: Ra deals each non-Hero Target X Fire Damage, where X = the number of Villain Ongoing cards in play.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bearded

catwhowalksbyhimself

It doesn't have hp, so no.  It can only be destroyed by a card that specifically says it can, including by River of Lava itself.

bearded

I will play Flesh of the Sun God. Does " Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage" mean the other Heroes also?
Then Base Power on Ambuscade and draw a card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: bearded on June 24, 2014, 08:52:23 AM
I will play Flesh of the Sun God. Does " Hero character cards are immune to Fire Damage" mean the other Heroes also?
Then Base Power on Ambuscade and draw a card.

Just by being in play, Flesh of the Sun God makes you immune to fire damage. If you use its power, you extend the immunity to all the other heroes as well.

Unless you decide to change your mind, you bring Ambuscade down to 9 hp.  About 5 points of damage each from the other two heroes, and the heroes win.

You draw
Spoiler
Inferno:One-Shot--Ra deals 1 target 3 Fire Damage. Ra deals up to 5 other Targets 1 Fire Damage each."

It is now Wraith's turn

HP: 15
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
In Play: Razor Ordinance
Hand:
Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Micro Targeting Computer: Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throwing Knives: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Suture Self: One-Shot--The Wraith regains 3 HP.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

Deaths Jester

I'll play Grappling Hook on the Environment followed by base power.  I'll then draw a card and end my turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay that surprised me.  Guess this is going to last one more round then.

River of Lava is destroyed and the next damage that would be done to Wraith is now reduced by 4 (since you haven't been hit since the last time you used it)

You draw
Spoiler

It is now Legacy's turn

HP: 14
Base Power: Galvanize--Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1.
In Play: Surge of Strength
Spoiler

Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 3.
Back-Fist Strike: One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 4 Melee Damage.
Danger Sense:Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.
Motivational Charge: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

Reepicheep

"Yield, Villain! Your fiendish plot to flood the city with rivers of lava is at an end!"

Legacy will proceed to do another Back-Fist Strike, with his other fist!

Then Galvanize and draw a card

(Would I be right in saying, had DJ used Throwing Knives or Inventory Barrage, he would have scored 3 damage thanks to buffs, and mine would hit for 6? If so, boo DJ, boo!)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually, he already had Razor Ordinance in play and could have used that for 5 damage.  Or optimally, he could have used Impromptu Invention to pull out Utility Belt, put throwing knives into play with the second play from that, and used both Throwing Knives and Razor Odinance for a Total of 8 damage.  Of course, I've played this game a lot and know all the tricks, so I wouldn't expect a first time player to get all the combo plays like that.  No matter, it gives Haka a chance to take down his nemesis.

You hit Ambuscade for 6, leaving him at 3 hp.

Legacy draws

Spoiler
Take Down: Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played. At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals Legacy 2 Energy Damage. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

It is now the Environment's turn

Cards in Play: None

The Environment plays Primordial Plant Life

Spoiler
Primordial Plant Life:When this card enters play, each Hero may destroy 1 of their Ongoing cards. Deal any Hero that destroys and Ongoing card 2 Toxic Damage. Deal any Hero that does not destroy an Ongoing card 4 Toxic Damage. At the end of the Environment turn, destroy this card.

So, destroy an Ongoing that you have in play and take 2 damage, or don't and take 4.  Tachyon and Wraith have no Ongoing cards in play, so they take the 4 damage.  Tachyon is now at 12hp.  Wraith's two turns of Stealth reduce the 4 damage to 0, so no actual damage is taken.

Haka, Ra, and Legacy need to decide whether or not to discard an Ongoing.

Reepicheep

I'll take the 4 damage.

(Darn, theres a lot of tricks to learn yet, aren't there?)

bearded

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Reepicheep on June 25, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

(Would I be right in saying, had DJ used Throwing Knives or Inventory Barrage, he would have scored 3 damage thanks to buffs, and mine would hit for 6? If so, boo DJ, boo!)

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 25, 2014, 09:51:01 PM
(Actually, he already had Razor Ordinance in play and could have used that for 5 damage.  Or optimally, he could have used Impromptu Invention to pull out Utility Belt, put throwing knives into play with the second play from that, and used both Throwing Knives and Razor Odinance for a Total of 8 damage.  Of course, I've played this game a lot and know all the tricks, so I wouldn't expect a first time player to get all the combo plays like that.  No matter, it gives Haka a chance to take down his nemesis.)

(Hey, I was looking at letting some of you blokes another chance to whack the baddie...plus, I felt that getting rid of the bloody lava might be helpful later on. That and I didn't realize what I was doing until after I did it. Sorry.)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 27, 2014, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Reepicheep on June 25, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 25, 2014, 09:51:01 PM
(Actually, he already had Razor Ordinance in play and could have used that for 5 damage.  Or optimally, he could have used Impromptu Invention to pull out Utility Belt, put throwing knives into play with the second play from that, and used both Throwing Knives and Razor Odinance for a Total of 8 damage.  Of course, I've played this game a lot and know all the tricks, so I wouldn't expect a first time player to get all the combo plays like that.  No matter, it gives Haka a chance to take down his nemesis.)

(Hey, I was looking at letting some of you blokes another chance to whack the baddie...plus, I felt that getting rid of the bloody lava might be helpful later on. That and I didn't realize what I was doing until after I did it. Sorry.)

(Yeah, but I had a great one-liner for when I finished him off. :P)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Just waiting on Haka, then we can wrap this up.

Outcast

*Haka wakes up from his deep meditation.*

"Huh? What? It's not yet over?"  :P

Haha. Don't be too hard on DJ, Reepicheep.  It's only right for my arch nemesis to fall by my hands. Thanks DJ!  ;)

I'll discard my Ongoing. I'm not going to need it anyway since Ambuscade is almost finished.

I'll wait when it's officially my turn to finish off Ambuscade then. Taiaha and I can't wait. :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Haka takes 2 damage, Ra and Legacy take 4.  That puts Haka at 12, Ra at 17, and Legacy at 10.

This concludes Round 4.  Round 5 will be starting shortly.

catwhowalksbyhimself

After shrugging off Ambuscades later attack, the team find that he has somehow crossed the rive.  Wraith pulls out another grappling hook and soon has a rope strung across both side and slides across.  Tachyon runs across the rope and Legacy flies besides it.  Haka looks at it sceptically but is talked into trying it, using the Taiaha, as pole like weapon that he had slung across his back, so slide across.  Ra, meanwhile, ignores the rope and just wades through the lava.  Unfortunately, what looks like grass turns out to be some kind of primordial plants which come to life and sting and scratch at the heroes.  As they struggle out of the field, Ambuscade strikes.  Sadly for him, he tries to sneak past Legacy, getting a back fist punch to the face for his trouble.  A combined assault from the other heroes chases him back into the jungle.

It is now Round 5

Effects in play:
All Heroes are doing fire damage
All Hero damage is +2
Legacy's damage is +3 (although his power bonus wears off before he can attack, so it's effectively +2)
Abuscade's damage is +1 and he deals damage whenever a Device is destroyed

Side:Superhuman Hunter
HP: 3Highest Villain Target
Cards in play: Charged Attacks
Spoiler

Charged Attacks:Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Ambuscade by 1. Whenever a Device is destroyed, Ambuscade deals each Target 2 Energy Damage.

Cards in Play: None

HP: 12
Base Power: Crush--Haka deals 1 Target 2 Melee damage
In Play:  Taiaha
Hand:
Spoiler

Haka of Battle: One Shot--"Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards.
Increase the next Damage dealt by Haka by 1 for each card discarded this way."
Rampage[/b:]One-Shot--Haka deals each non-Hero Target 5 Melee Damage and each Hero Target 2 Melee Damage.
Taiaha:Equipment,Limited--Power: Haka deals up to 2 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
Enduring Intercession: Ongoing--Redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target by an Environment card to Haka.  Power: Destroy this card.
Haka of Shielding: One-Shot--Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards. Reduce the next Damage dealt to Haka by 2 for each card discarded this way.

Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
In Play: None
Burst Count: 3
Hand
Spoiler

Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn."
Fleet of Foot:One-Shot,Burst--Each player may draw a card. You may play a card.
Research Grant:Ongoing--Power: Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.
Pushing the LimitsOngoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.
Pushing the LimitsOngoing,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.

HP: 17
Base Power: Pyre--Ra deals 1 Target 2 Fire damage.
In Play: Imbued Fire, Flesh of the Sun God
Spoiler

Imbued Fire:Ongoing,Limited--Increase all Fire Damage by 1. Change the Damage type of Damage dealt by Hero Targets to Fire. Power: Destroy this card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Wrathful Gaze:Ongoing--Power: Destroy 1 Target with 2 or fewer HP.
Drawn to the Flame:Ongoing--Power: Ra deals each non-Hero Target X Fire Damage, where X = the number of Villain Ongoing cards in play.

HP: 15
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
In Play: Razor Ordinance
Hand:
Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One Shot--"Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Micro Targeting Computer: Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Throwing Knives: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Suture Self: One-Shot--The Wraith regains 3 HP.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

HP: 10
Base Power: Galvanize--Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1.
In Play: Surge of Strength
Spoiler

Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
Hand:
Spoiler

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.
Superhuman Durability:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 3.
Take Down: Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played. At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals Legacy 2 Energy Damage. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Danger Sense:Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.
Motivational Charge: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

It is now Ambuscade's turn

Side:Superhuman Hunter
HP: 3Highest Villain Target
Cards in play: Charged Attacks
Spoiler

Charged Attacks:Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Ambuscade by 1. Whenever a Device is destroyed, Ambuscade deals each Target 2 Energy Damage.

Ambuscade plays Run and Gun
Spoiler
Run and Gun:One-Shot--Ambuscade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. Shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck. Play the top card of the Villain deck.

Ra takes 3 damage and is now at 14.  Playing this card has revealed the previous played Rigged to Detonate, which now goes off, dealing Wraith 6 points of damage, leaving her at 9.

Trash has been shuffled back into his deck.  He now plays Rigged to Detonate again, which gets mixed back into his deck face up.

He now shoots Ra for 3 more damage, leaving him at 11.

And that is it.  It is now Haka's turn.

Base Power: Crush--Haka deals 1 Target 2 Melee damage
Hand:
Spoiler

Haka of Battle: One Shot--"Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards.
Increase the next Damage dealt by Haka by 1 for each card discarded this way."
Rampage[/b:]One-Shot--Haka deals each non-Hero Target 5 Melee Damage and each Hero Target 2 Melee Damage.
Taiaha:Equipment,Limited--Power: Haka deals up to 2 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
Enduring Intercession: Ongoing--Redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target by an Environment card to Haka.  Power: Destroy this card.
Haka of Shielding: One-Shot--Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 or more cards. Reduce the next Damage dealt to Haka by 2 for each card discarded this way.

Outcast

Hmmm... It looks like Ambuscade was able to recover 7 Hp. I thought he was gonna be easy pickings after that last attack from Legacy.

Let's see. If i play Haka of Battle, and then discard at least 4 or 5* cards, would it's bonus damage be applied to my attack this round? I think that would be enough to knock his 10 Hp out right? Base crush with Taiaha (3), bonus hero damage (2)*, and nemesis (1) would give him a 6 point total damage + 4 or 5* from Haka of Battle.

*And i thought there can be only 1 ongoing card in play, so i'm not sure if we can still enjoy Ra's bonus fire damage.

But if it's gonna be applied in the next round that will make Haka mad  :angry: and " Mr. Mcgee, you wouldn't like me when i'm angry." , then i will have to risk hurting some friends with Rampage (sorry friends ^_^, this would be my last resort though) , just to be able to deal Ambuscade 5 points more of damage and finish him once and for all.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually forgot to update his sheet again.  He is at 3 hp.

But your calculations are almost correct.  You'd do a total of 12 damage and it would indeed apply right away, so you're good either way.

If you're wondering how I got to that--3 from Taiaha, +1 Galvanize +1 Imbued Fire, +1 Nenemsis.  You have 5 cards in your hand, plus Haka of Battle let you draw 2, so you can discard up to 6.  Total damage 12.

Outcast

I see. Ok. It seems a waste to use Haka of Battle then, if he is that weak already.  :)

I'll just play Enduring Intercession, (not that it matters i guess). Then use crush with Taiaha to give 'ol Ambuscade a sweet tap on the head and end his suffering. Then draw a card? That is if we will still be using the same hand for our next adventure?

Then agree to Legacy's great finishing one liner earlier......"Yeah, just what Legacy said."  <tap> :D

catwhowalksbyhimself

Ambuscade leads the heroes right into a trap.  Wraith steps on a coin, primed to explode form lots of excessive energy, which blows up, knocking her off her feet.  Ambuscade appears running like a madman, shooting right and left.  The heroes of taken by surprise, and the villain begins to laugh from glee as their careful formation breaks apart.

Then he runs smack into Haka.  There is a brief pause as the towered Maori looks down at the much smaller Frenchman.  Haka reaches down and knocks Ambuscade out with a single blow from his meaty fist.

A few hours later, the team is back in Rook City.  While Legacy, Tachyon, and Ra lead Ambuscade to the nearest superhuman prison, Wraith and Haka rush to the location he gave them.  There, burried outside the city, they find the schoolbus.  The children are frightened, but otherwise fine, and Haka lifts the bus out easily.

Heroes Win!

The next game would be a start over.  Give me a couple of days and I'll start one up.  I'll offer a small selection of Villain and Environments this time, as well as double the number of available heroes.

Good job everyone.

Reepicheep

Woohoo! I totally forgot we were looking for a school bus!

Looking forward to round 2.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I like totally forgot to put in an official plug for the game, which you can purchase at the official website at Amazon or at your friendly local game shop.

Anyone next game will be on its own thread, but feel free to continue discussing things here in the mean time.

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.