News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

kuertee's mod - SkX for FF

Started by kuertee, April 10, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuertee

As I've mentioned in the Mods forum, I've re-released SkX for Freedom Force: http://kuertee.zymichost.com/ff/fFSkXReadMe.htm

Here's a 6-minute YouTube of the Rugby League Danger Room game mode I recorded last night off the last version (Beta 0.8) of SkX: http://youtu.be/H3eYGy4ZvrI.

It was the last game mode I built into the mod before I abandoned it back in 2005. It's fully playable as you can see in the video. But, also, as you can see, the AI could use with a bit of tuning.

But these other game modes were complete as I knew it:
Gauntlet: waves of enemy team spawn until your all your team dies.
Capture and hold (CAH): hold a critical point for 5 second to capture it.
Capture the flag (CTF): take the flag back to your base.

And to complete the list:
Rugby League (RL): take the ball to your enemy's base.

And all these game modes can be played against 1 or more teams. For CAH and CTF, there are only 3 flags: red, blue and yellow. So the game will play and score for only up to 3 teams: yours and 2 others. And if I remember correctly, any other team spawned are "distractor" teams. They won't get scores but will fight it out against the main 3 teams - distracting them from scoring.

Also, all these game modes can be played with or without Assimilation mode. In Assimilation mode, a killed character joins the team that killed them.

Apart from fixing any bugs you guys may find, I have no other plans for this mod. I'd like to code these game modes into SkX2 for FFvTTR. But I'd like to firstly overhaul SkX2. And I'm not sure if/when that would happen.

One more thing in regards to installing this. Once you have merged the DATs as described in the How To Use section of the read-me, you need to go into the FFX Control Center and "tag" this mod as an FFX mod. Just go into the CC, choose this mod's folder, click Save, then exit the CC. I didn't mention that in the instructions because that's a normal practice when DATs change in FFX mods.

Cheers!

Oh by the way, any replies, please post in the Mods forum. I've made a copy of this in there.

As per the rules of these forums, no replies should be posted here.
skX2 AI for FF v TTR: beta v0.78f read-me
skX AI for FF: beta 0.8 read-me