News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force (The Fighting Game)

Started by ELECTR0, April 10, 2014, 11:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELECTR0

A few years back I had an Idea to add a Freedom Force character into the Mugen engine, but I realized at the time that I did not have enough knowledge of the Mugen code to make it happen. Now that my knowledge of the code has greatly improved, I would like to try again. This time around I will be making a stand alone Freedom Force Fighter. The first two characters i'll be making is Daredevil by Grenadier, skoped by Detourne_Me and skin by Courtnall6. The second character i'll be making is Minute Man by Irrational. Both of these characters have good animations to work with. I'm not sure if i'll be making the characters to use a 6 or 4 button setup. It's all based on how hard it's going to be to add crouching attacks, since 90% of the keyframes out there do not have crouching attacks. So that means i'll have to pose the meshes in Nifskope and take pics of them that way which will be ultra tedious and slow. So right now i'm leaning toward a 4 button setup. The pic below is how Daredevil looks in game. More information and pictures will be up soon as I make a few more decisions on what will be added. If anyone has any ideas for the game feel free to share. 

spydermann93

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

SickAlice

Nice! The original reason I did TMNT skins/hexes back when was to use them for MUGEN, then later for a redux of the Konami arcade game. I'm all about this and look foreward to where you go with it.

laughing paradox

For crouched attacks, try Draven's Mortal Kombat meshes?

They have those kind of crouched moves and are male_basic compatible, I believe.

Reepicheep

Excellent work! I haven't seen the mugen scene in a long time.

I suppose you could afford to mix and match keyframe files as well?w

ELECTR0

I'm having problems capturing in game screens for a stage. No matter what program I try all the screen shots come out black. I of course tried print screen, snag it, animget etc... and they all turn out black. Any Ideas? I can't make any progress until I get at least one stage working because I need it to judge the height, width of the characters and if i'm going to make it 720P HD or low rez. Basically the stage is the most important thing at this moment and all i'm getting is black screen shots? Maybe if I could run the game in windowed mode I could have better luck to try and capture the stage.

Edit : I just had an idea to try and capture the stage by running the map threw the editor since it puts the game in a windowed mode, but I can't hit Z to rotate the camera in this mode, arggg. I can't believe just getting a few screens of a map would be the hardest part of this process.

spydermann93

Have you tried FRAPS?

It's a free screen capturing program that might help you out.

ELECTR0

Have Fraps as well. I think it has to do with me running a digital copy of the game. I remember when using a disk I never had a black screen on captures or vids. I'm about to go all trial and error untill I get what I desire. I'll let you know the outcome.

SickAlice

I just made stage dioramas, usually in Game Studio. So like to replicate FF/FFVTTR you could make a hollowed cube, assign the textures from a Freedom Force map to it and drop the models for the stage bit's inside it. It helps to maintain the fighting game stage feel.

For moves like crouching I just "Frankensprited" them. Like splicing the legs from one animation to the rest from another in the screencaps.

ELECTR0