RIP Archie Andrews

Started by Midnite, April 16, 2014, 03:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

RIP Archie Andrews

Apparenlty Archie Comics is killing off Archie Andrews in July.  :o

Glitch Girl

Twice even!

Admittedly it's in the finale of both the alternate future stories in Life with Archie, but still, I would have thought it'd be Afterlife with Archie.

(sidenote: that Alex Ross image is pure nightmare fuel)

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Midnite

Afterlife is the one with the zombies?

Glitch Girl

Yup.  And "Life With..." is the "What if Archie Married _____"
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Midnite

How many issues are there for Afterlife? Only read 1 - 3 so far.

Glitch Girl

I think they're up to 6 now. 
-Glitch Girl

JeyNyce

4 issues are out and the 5th is coming out May 7.  They didn't expect the huge response the book has gotten.  It's a very good comic
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

stumpy

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 16, 2014, 02:13:19 PM(sidenote: that Alex Ross image is pure nightmare fuel)

^^^ this! Looks like they are grinning maniacally down into the bathtub as they finish drowning the reader... or down into the coffin before they nail down the lid. Criminy! :blink:
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

SickAlice

It's odd. I love Mega Man, and I mean on pins and needles for each issue. Love Sonic. Loved the Turtles book they did (which of course means every old crustyburger at the comic store wanted me dead). I have a crate, literally with preserved stacks of those small Archie books you find at a grocery checkout (from a house my family flipped), yet I have only read one actual Archie comic in my life. Archie meets Punisher...because one just has to read something that of course. I still don't know why I never invest the time. I've probably read every vague comic from the dime bins one can name, I even read SuperPro and every single comic ever put out under the STAR imprint (talk about nightmare fuel, you'll have them just based on how stupid some of those books were). Yet no Archie or related and to date I can't think of a reason why. Maybe it was the live special? Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was this television movie sort of with Archie characters, in name only it seemed, and they were middle aged and usually in not very steamy scenes in their Fruit Of The Looms. I was just thinking maybe that was what turned me away from Archies. One of these days though.