Batman: Assault on Arkham

Started by Midnite, April 18, 2014, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Check out the upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie, Batman: Assault on Arkham. Coming out in Fall 2014, taking the advantage of the high-profile "Arkham" brand.

Batman Assault on Arkham Trailer

HarryTrotter

Is it just me or Batman is more animesque in every new adaptation?Not that im complaining.BTW compare Batman:Gotham knight/Field Test Bruce Wayne to Light Yagami to see what I mean.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

It's more common now, yeah, but I suspect that's more stemming from the popularity of anime itself (not to mention american anime shows such as Avatar and Teen Titans.) It doesn't bother me, particularly since this style fits more in line with much of the Arkham-verse artwork we've seen from the games themselves.

HarryTrotter

Similarity is understandable since Japanese studios are actually animating most of >western< shows now.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

So I just watched the trailer, and I wasn't really expecting much before this came out, but now I gotta admit it looks kinda cool. Conroy's back as Batman, Troy Baker appears to be voicing Joker again, and that's definitely not a bad thing, and I like the way Joker looks in this. Captain Boomerang's in it, Suicide Squad, I like that stuff. I was just saying the other day that I wanted to see a animated movie of the Suicide Squad and DC's been pushing them a lot lately. So yeah, between this and Son of the Bat, this is gotta be the most psyched I can remember being for DC animated movies.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Starman

This looks okay, I just hate the "Arkham" character designs. They are fine in the game ... in 2D animation, not so much.

laughing paradox

It's great to see the Suicide Squad show up, so I'm sold.

I'm wondering if this movie, in conjunction with the end of Arkham Origins, is a step towards creating a Suicide Squad game. (I hope so!)

BentonGrey

Quote from: laughing paradox on July 16, 2014, 12:19:59 AM
It's great to see the Suicide Squad show up, so I'm sold.

I'm wondering if this movie, in conjunction with the end of Arkham Origins, is a step towards creating a Suicide Squad game. (I hope so!)

I could be interested in that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on July 16, 2014, 12:19:59 AM

When Arkham Origins and Blackgate were teasing the Suicide Squad I was thinking the same thing, but recently I've started to think they were just teasing this film. A little disappointing but still cool.

Looking forward to this.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JeyNyce

Just saw the movie and it was awesome!  It's not geared for kids because there is semi-nudity, semi-sex scenes, and a bunch of cursing.  Even though it's call Batman: Assault on Arkham, Batman is not the main focus of the movie.  I'm telling you guys, this was pretty good.  It's not perfect, but it was good. 
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Starman

I watched this online (I guess it's been leaked early?). I know it's set in the Batman: Arkham Asylum videogame universe, but it's really a New 52 Suicide Squad story ... it has the same basic line-up as the comic.

On one hand, I liked it, because it was cool seeing a dedicated Suicide Squad movie, the animation was great and action was nicely choreographed. On the other hand, the cursing, sexual innuendo, semi-nudity and gore made me roll my eyes ... it was trying achingly hard to be "cool", like DC's other post-Flashpoint Paradox animated films.

thalaw2

I just saw this on youtube.  Freakin hilarious!!!!!
革命不会被电视转播