News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Hey there

Started by abenavides, April 26, 2014, 09:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Just wanted to leave a note to say hi as I've been looking at FF stuff recently. Will probably spruce up the ol Fortress a bit and put up a few things soon.

On a personal note, I also wanted to let you know about a cause I believe in. In 2005, I really dropped out of the FF world due to "personal issues" as I called them in my updates. The fact is that both my father and my wife were diagnosed with cancer a few months apart in 2003. They both passed away (in 2005 and in early 2006). I'm a single dad of a wonderful girl, and for that I'm grateful.

This year marks the 6th time I will be captain of a Relay for Life team , benefiting the American Cancer Society. I am also a committee member and Relay All-Star. I know full well that cancer affects many people, so if you have a moment, please take a look at my page and consider making a small donation or buying a luminaria to the Relay.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/alexb

Thanks for reading and keep flying the FF flag!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

It's great to hear from you, again, Alex!  I'm sorry to hear about both of your losses, but I am really glad that you are doing well for yourself and that you helping the community in such an inspiring way!

I won't be able to donate any money as of right now as times are tight for me, but I'll definitely be sure to donate in the near future, when things settle down.

Keep up the great work, Alex! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Glad to see you stopping by Alex, I still check your site regularly ( Just in case).

On a personal note, because of the impact that Cancer has had on our lives, my wife participates in the relay every year. So it's nice to know that others are involved as well.

SickAlice

Was wondering where you were in the universe as well.
Sorry to hear of your tribulations, the big C is impacting my life directly as well. You have my empathy.

Epimethee

Glad to hear from you, Alex and looking forward to the site update.

Deepest kudos on using these tragic events as motivation to work for the greater good.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Alex!  It's wonderful to see one of the old guard return!  I still use the Fortress pretty regularly, and I also am looking forward to an update there.  Check your PMs, there's something that I'd like to discuss with you.

I'm deeply sorry to hear about the tragedies that have struck your life.  I lost my best friend to cancer some years back, but I can't imagine the struggle of having two such close family members stricken at the same time.  I'll echo Epimethee in commending you on turning that pain towards a good end.  We've been involved with the Relay as well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

stumpy

Hey, Alex. You have my sympathies. Those are tough blows no matter when they come, and especially terrible over a short period of time like that.

But, it's great to hear from you and I am glad the Freedom Fortress is still going strong and that you have some updates as well!

(BTW, the link in your sig is redirecting to an error 403 page. I am taking that as a sign that I checked it while you are making changes. :-)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

abenavides

Good call stumpy (and nice to hear from you).
The Fortress has had a little "sprucing" up and should be back up now.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Reepicheep

Welcome back, Alex! Great to see you again!

thalaw2

Welcome back!  I'm really happy to see you made it back after such struggles.  I'm very happy we're still here with open arms.
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

Hoo-ray for Fortress updates!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Good to see you back Alex. Sorry about your losses.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Wow. Thank you for sharing with us.

Starman

I'm sorry to hear about your personal losses, but thanks for helping to keep the community alive with Alex's Freedom Fortress. I've been popping into these forums for years due to my interest Freedom Force (as a huge comic nut, I still think the custom content makes it the best comic book game around) and your site has been the bedrock for FF content for years.

You know ... there is some unhosted content from C6, Renegade, Johnny Patches, and a few other members which could use a home if there is still space in the Freedom Fortress, since Champions of Freedom and Renegade's Toybox are now defunct...  ;)

abenavides

Starman, Johnny and C6 are "residents" of the Fortress, so they are always welcome to send me stuff. Y'know , I think I invited Ren years ago too, but he was just about to do his own site. Is Ren still doing stuff here?

Thx for the kind words everyone. I am working on a few FF things right now.

www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, Renegade hasn't been around for quite a while. Definitely a shame. His site is no longer around either, but those Meshes are being hosted in Yahoo Groups so that they hopefully won't be lost to time.

DrMike2000

Hi Alex

Good to see you return.
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, but kudos to you for both your positive outlook and fundraising activities.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Silver Shocker

Nice to see you again. It's certainly been a while. I haven't been into FF add-ons in years myself but I still remember the old days where your site was one of the prominent ones for add-ons.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

abenavides

Hi DrMike, long time no speak! Nice to hear from you too.

And thanks much, Silver Shocker.
www.alexff.com

MikeB7

Hi Alex, good to see you.  As someone with a disability (MS), seeing support for *any* cause is wonderful.  It's a great thing you're doing and I respect the hell out of you for it.  I wish you all the best, Alex!

abenavides

So good to hear from you Mike!
Boy, it's been quite a while. All the best to you as well.
www.alexff.com

Tortuga

Ooga booga, Alex!  Good to see an old familiar face around.  I'm saddened by the losses you suffered, but happy that you and your daughter have each other.

Tort

abenavides

Hey Tort, wow another blast from the past!

Thanks for saying hi . Hope you're doing great.
www.alexff.com