EZ Hero 3.4 released, EZ Hero 3.5 in progress

Started by abenavides, April 30, 2014, 01:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

No, I didn't change programming tools - so the windows msg is strange.
Only thing I changed in installer is I put the uninstall under "Alex's Freedom Fortress\Uninstall\".
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: abenavides on June 15, 2014, 08:55:22 PM
if you have the bad hero file still - you can send it to me.

Better still - send it and the good one you've recreated and I can try to scan for differences.

Unfortunately, the old file is long gone. I had a huge amount of stuff in my recycle bin, so I dumped it.  :(

hoss20

Batch Send to Dat worked like a charm!  :thumbup:

The only thing I see is that in-game, the weight for my new Built-in characters with the Concrete material is being reduced to, approximately, 3/4 of the original weight. I can't give you an exact number due to the rounding that occurs. I know you're doing/have done some work with the weights. I didn't know if weight settings/multipliers for Air, Cloth, and Concrete were coded for the game or not.

abenavides

Hmm.. ok.
There's a multiplier used as show in this thread: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=56433.msg763299#msg763299 .

It could be that 2.5 for concrete is wrong. I can change it a little to see if we get closer.

If you get a chance can you see if other materials look OK? Most probably are.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

hoss20

Let me know if this is correct (I am keeping things simple by stating that 1 kg=2.2 lbs):
- The game measures weight in kilograms
- When a character is given a weight in pounds in EZHero, the game will divide this weight by (2.2 x Material Multiplier)
- In order to display the character's weight in pounds in the Character Edit screen, the game will multiply its in-game weight in kg by (2.2 x Material Multiplier)

You had mentioned that there is an algorithm used and I realize that I have oversimplified things. You had mentioned that the Material Multiplier for the Concrete Material is 2.5. I also double checked the thread you had posted. If my little summary is correct, then what I believe is occurring for heroes with the Concrete Material, is that the game is only using a Material Multiplier of 2 when calculating the weight for display in pounds in the Character Editor.

My example:
Material   Weight (lbs) in EZHero   Weight (kg) in FFEdit          Divisor        Weight (lbs) In-Game   Approximate Multiplier
Concrete               380                              69                  5.5 (2.2 x 2.5)              300                     4.3 (2.2 x 1.98)

I hope this makes sense. I'm really tired and everything's just swimming in my head right now. When viewing Custom Characters in-game, all weights equal what they show in EZHero. It is only when viewing built-in characters that the discrepancy occurs. I also checked my heroes with other Material types and their weight is calculated properly. This includes Air and Cloth, as well. So, it seems that this calculation problem is only showing with Concrete characters.

abenavides

Hi just getting back to this. Thanks for the post, it helps a lot (since I won't have to check all materials and it points me in the right direction).

If the multiplier should be 2.5 and it seems I'm only doing 2, it could be a simple data type issue (I used a numeric type that doesn't support decimals).

I'll check it out.
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

There's one odd bug with the 3.5 beta:

After making a character in-game and after setting them to "Flesh", when I open the character in EZHero, it says that the character's material is "Metal".

I'm guessing that this has something to do with how the materials are coded in-game?

abenavides

Are you sure that's 3.5 and not 3.4? hoss reported an issued like that which I did find and fix for 3.5.

I just tried creating a new hero (in ffv3r) as Flesh and it came up Flesh in EZHero.
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Quote from: abenavides on June 26, 2014, 11:50:32 PM
Are you sure that's 3.5 and not 3.4? hoss reported an issued like that which I did find and fix for 3.5.

I just tried creating a new hero (in ffv3r) as Flesh and it came up Flesh in EZHero.

I shall reinstall the tool, but I could've sworn that I was using 3.5.

spydermann93

abenavides

Spydermann93,  I'll send you an email but not sure this is an ezhero issue.

I checked the file you sent me and it does have Metal stored as the material (when I look at it with a hex editor) even though it showed Flesh in the game.
This was very weird.

I saved the file in ezhero (without changing anything) and when I look at it again in game it's now Metal.

I ran both files (before and after save) through a hex compare and see a few bytes that are different - there are some weird things in the file which are note normally there "complex" , "notindb" - I assume these are items that FFX puts in. Is it possible this was an old file (converted from FF maybe) ?

I'm emailing you both files so you can try the new one in FFX and see if it works and looks OK now .

Is there an FFX expert who can comment on what exactly FFX changes in a hero file? (what bytes , etc), just so I can double-check if that would cause any issues? (I don't think it should as I'm not doing anything outside what Irrational did)
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Quote from: abenavides on July 03, 2014, 11:09:33 PMI ran both files (before and after save) through a hex compare and see a few bytes that are different - there are some weird things in the file which are note normally there "complex" , "notindb" - I assume these are items that FFX puts in. Is it possible this was an old file (converted from FF maybe) ?

Oddly enough, I see the "notindb" object attribute applied to any characters that I made in-game when I transfer that character to dat.

That is something that has never happened when making a character through Mr.Brdo's tool or your EZHero tool, or even in-game using vanilla FFvtTR, so you must be right about it being something about FFX.

abenavides

Wow, got completely derailed on this due to all the new skins and meshes on my site. I actually forgot I hadn't released 3.5.
Let me look through this code again this week and see if I can get this out soon.
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

Hey Alex, is there any way to include something in the Hero Tool that will state which game a Hero File is for? Basically, there are Hero Files that I have that are in a Zip File, but they are not identified as begin FF1 or FFvt3R.

Also, is there any way to enlarge the Screen/Window that EZHero opens in? I seem to be having trouble seeing in my old age, so if there's anything you could do on this, I would really appreciate it.

hoss20

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 18, 2014, 09:45:23 PM
Hey Alex, is there any way to include something in the Hero Tool that will state which game a Hero File is for? Basically, there are Hero Files that I have that are in a Zip File, but they are not identified as begin FF1 or FFvt3R.

Actually, when you open a hero file, EZ Hero will indicate what version the game is for. I double checked and grabbed one of TaskmasterX's old hero files and opened it up and it showed as FF. I then opened up one of my current hero files for FFVTTR and it showed as FFv3R. I then reopened the TaskmasterX file and it still showed as FF. So, it's not like the current hero file defaults to whatever version was opened previously.

I was using the previously unreleased EZ Hero 3.5, by the way. I know that there were some hero file version identifying problems with 3.4, if I'm not mistaken, but I think those were fixed before the final release.

abenavides

Yep, I think 3.5 (and the released 3.4?) should properly tell you what type of file you opened (there's actually a file character difference in the 1st few bytes, I remember doing all that )

I'll see about increasing size, but that may take another version.
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

:doh: I must have installed the wrong one when I did my last re-install. Feeling like a bonehead right now.  :doh:

abenavides

OK just had a chance to review the code (and this thread) for the first time in months.

I believe the only thing that MAY be outstanding is hoss20's report on Concrete showing up as 3/4 of the right value for built-in characters (created with EZHero's Send to DAT functions)

I'm going to try to duplicate that issue to try to track it down.

So hopefully EZHERO 3.5 gets into December's update at the Fortress! (already have a bunch of other updates)
www.alexff.com