News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Tools

Started by abenavides, May 02, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

OK, as I slowly figure out what's what in the current FF scene, I am trying things out ... and finding out they don't work.

I am running Win7 64-bit.

I installed FF (from CD) and the FF1 Editor. Everything works great, except leveledit.exe (the graphical map making bit - kinda crucial to mod-making). I searched the forums and have seen that yes it's a problem (although some people say they're fine?)

I assume FFEDITOR 1 on Win7 and up is not going to work? (I could try Virtual PC and all that I guess) Any suggestions?

I then tried FFv3R Mod Tools. Those did work fine. However, I started over with the FF Steam versions (because I want all versions to work dammit! and what if I lose my CD?) and the installer won't ... er .. install. Another search of the forums told me, yep that's a problem and suggested registry updates to the issue.

I actually tried one quickly but couldn't get it to work. I realized, however, I could just extract the files and make my own installer that lets me put the Mod Tools wherever I want (Steam version, GOG version, Original CD version).

So I did that and it seems fine! (After install, you do need to then type in the paths to everything on the 1st screen of the editor , but you only need to do this once - this gets stored in the registry)

If there's any interest in this, I can package it up and post at AFF. I will use it from now on myself.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

I would be 100% interested! :thumbup:

BentonGrey

It's great to have you back in the saddle again, Alex.  Yes, I think that would be a really excellent idea to help ensure the future viability of FF modding.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

That sounds great Alex. Good to have you back.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: abenavides on May 02, 2014, 01:14:22 PM
If there's any interest in this, I can package it up and post at AFF. I will use it from now on myself.

Absolutely interested. And as Pod said, it is great to have you back, it's always nice to see the old guard return and in the process, bring new life to the Community with them.

abenavides

Cool. I'll package it up and post later today.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

I've posted at the Fortress . Please have a look and let me know any issues.

The official Mod Tools for FFv3R, repackaged with these features:

- Smaller and faster to install. Does not check for FFv3R Game in order to work.

- Supports Steam and GOG by allowing you to set install path.

- Easy to set Program menu options provided to allow you to set FFEDIT paths to GOG, Steam, or original CD versions.
www.alexff.com