Wii and DS games lost online on May 20th 2014 (and other stuff on the 31st)

Started by Silver Shocker, May 14, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Shocker

So heads up, I really should have made this topic a few months ago but I'm doing it now just in case there's anyone on here right who doesn't know and would care: yeah, ALL DS and Wii games are losing their online on the 20th.
I'm not happy about this but what are you going to do. Pretty much all of the DS games with Multiplayer will still have local wi-fi mp (aka in the same room). WiiU and 3DS games will not be affected.

A extensive list of games (described as "hundreds of games") on Playstation, X-Box and PC are also losing their MP on the 31st. I encourage you to look up a list of games, there's a few online. Rockstar's preserving most of their games,  Capcom, EA with the Battlefield series ect.

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

spydermann93

This is probably a stupid question, but is this related to Gamespy going down?

Silver Shocker

Yup. In fact, I was considering mentioning that in my original post.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Silver Shocker

Update: According to several articles (which themselves seem to be older articles updated with the new information), the games originally set to go offline on May 31, 2014 are now being shut down on June 30, 2014.

Um, alright then. I've been playing Gotham City Imposters lately, so I guess I'll keep playing more of that for the next month.
~Rocky Balboa