The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

The crossover was an exceptionally good crossover, Captain Cold managed to come across as a real threat, without even needed any powers.  Really, really great.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BWPS

Felicity is the best character on any of these shows.

I am furious... FURIOUS... that they are calling him the Blur. That's not funny even as a joke. I can't deal with that crap again.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Talavar

Like most of you, I really enjoyed the most recent episode.  Bring on the Rogues!

Podmark

Loved this week episode.

Spoiler

Captain Cold was awesome, and I am so happy that he got away.

Felicity was a lot of fun in this. I'm actually not a huge fan of her in Arrow, I find that when she's in it a lot she pulls the show away from it's gritty core - she works better on Arrow in smaller bits for me - but she fits perfectly in Flash. I loved the exchange where she had to come up with excuses for Barry disappearing.

Flash is really impressing me. And better yet I think it's existence helps Arrow, I found last season the show strayed from it's core too much and started to remind me of Smallville a little bit here and there (not good for Arrow). But having the Flash the creators seem to have a better handle on each shows identity. And with SHIELD so much better this year it makes for a great line up of comic shows on TV.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JeyNyce

Quote from: BWPS on October 30, 2014, 12:19:10 AM
Felicity is the best character on any of these shows.

I am furious... FURIOUS... that they are calling him the Blur. That's not funny even as a joke. I can't deal with that crap again.

Felicity is awesome
Don't put too much about him being called the Blur or the Streak (which had me laughing).  Remember the beginning of Arrow, he was called The Hood and the Vigilante

bat1987

Ya I don't mind it that much since he calls himself The Flash in the intro, and has come up with the name but was interupted before revealing it. He went "the fla...". And lol the hood was annoying Jey, true

thalaw2

It would have been cool if they tied Flash being called Blur or Streak to the Smallville series.
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

I have come under the conclusion that if DC wants to make a successful movie universe franchise then these are the people they should be putting in charge of it, because they know how to handle like action superheroes.  They also seem to realize that the Flash is obviously a fantasy, so how cares if running up the side of a building or across water makes any sense.  It's cool.  It's the Flash.  They're doing those kinds of signature things and it's awesome.

This latest episode welcome Clancy Brown back to the DC Universe. While I loved his performance as Luthor in the DC Universe, it turns out he makes a fantastic General Eiling too.  Loved his performance here and look forward to seeing more from him.

Also this episode sets up something that everyone (including the show's producers and writers apparently) assumed was just an Easter egg but now appears to actually be happening

Spoiler
Gorilla Grodd!  We even get his origins as an experiment in psychic interrogation.

bat1987

This show is really good. Loved the latest episode.

Spoiler
Ya the thing with Grodd was awesome, can't wait to see how they pull it off.

Shogunn2517

The symmetry:

Clancy Brown plays General Eiling in the LIVE ACTION show "The Flash"...  The Flash is played by Michael Rosenbaum in the ANIMATED "Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" series...  Michael Rosenbaum plays Lex Luthor in the LIVE ACTION "Smallville"...  Clancy Brown plays Lex Luthor in the ANIMATED "Superman", "Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" series.

It's like destiny.

catwhowalksbyhimself

So finally he gets his name. 

Spoiler
Reverse Flash's appearance was surprising.  Could he be Wells, or is wells as well intentioned as he acts?  We know he's hiding something, but is it sinister or merely extreme?

Firestorm is at least mentioned in passing.  Nice that they're continuing setting things up.

Villain was only there to service the other plot threads, namely Iris putting herself in danger and Barry continuing to push his speed.

Glitch Girl

Wells must be part chicken after laying all those Easter Eggs last night.

Spoiler
He mentions those "killed" by the particle accelerator surge.

Quote from: Kaitie KudaraThey were: the two kids that died trying to save Blackout, Al Rothstein, Ronnie Raymond, Grant Emerson, Will Everett, Bea De Costa, and Ralph Dibny.... otherwise known as Atom, Firestorm, Damage, Amazing Man, Fire, and the Elongated Man.

I had to look it up, because my brain stopped at "Ralph Dibny" too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all weren't actually dead. After all, Ronnie isn't.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Thunder

Next week Wells will have to do the chicken dance...LOL

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Talavar

catwhowalksbyhimself

Just saw the fall finale.  Lots of stuff happened.

Spoiler

The Reverse-Flash appears and he is--Dr. Wells!  Or maybe a robot controlled by Dr. Wells.  Something like that.
Firestorm debuts and even shows up to assist the Flash!  He isn't quite himself though.  My guess is because like the comics, he's a fused person, so he really isn't Ronny.  Not entirely.
Cisco realizes after the fight that there were two speedsters at his mother's death.  It seems pretty likely that Barry and Reverse will time travel at some point and well will see the death from Barry's perspective.

Definitely look forward to the spring episodes and the debut of the Rogues.

bat1987

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 10, 2014, 02:16:34 AM
Just saw the fall finale.  Lots of stuff happened.

Spoiler

The Reverse-Flash appears and he is--Dr. Wells!  Or maybe a robot controlled by Dr. Wells.  Something like that.
Firestorm debuts and even shows up to assist the Flash!  He isn't quite himself though.  My guess is because like the comics, he's a fused person, so he really isn't Ronny.  Not entirely.
Cisco realizes after the fight that there were two speedsters at his mother's death.  It seems pretty likely that Barry and Reverse will time travel at some point and well will see the death from Barry's perspective.

Definitely look forward to the spring episodes and the debut of the Rogues.

Comics spoiler
Spoiler
Barry and Reverse do fight at the time Barry's mother died, its more or less what happens in the comics.

On to the episode
Spoiler

Really strong mid season finale. Hope they expand on firestorm's powers. Reverse was very creppy, I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see more of him. Def seems like Wells was Reverse Flash. He might be Thawne's descendant, that's why he kept him alive I guess. Not much family resemblance though. Can't wait to see Grodd, the rouges, more of the reverse Flash etc. This is IMO the best super hero show on TV.

Starman

The last few episodes of The Flash have been pretty great, IMO. They nailed Reverse Flash and I'm actually intrigued by Harrison Wells' identity and motivation. It was always pretty obvious that the red and yellow blurs at Barry's mum's death were going to be The Flash and Reverse Flash fighting via time travel, though.

thalaw2

That last episode was awesome!  I usually get my TV series fix while doing some walking on my treadmill.  This episode was so good that I kept going even after my required daily amount of treadmill.  Reverse Flash was perfect.  It'll be good to see how he's pulled off in this series.  Firestorm was great...better than expected. 

Do we really have to wait until January 20?!?!?!?!  Cruel world!

Spoiler
I didn't like that Barry told his feelings to Iris.  I really wish he would chase after Felicity or another woman instead.
革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Fall finale was awesome!

Spoiler

Reverse Flash was really cool. And it certainly seems like he's Harrison is him, but I think there might be more to it.
Glad they revealed Barry's feelings for Iris. They could have played card for multiple seasons if they wanted but they didn't. One thing I like about this show is it moves pretty...fast.

I have seen some great theories on Harrison's true identity:
Spoiler

Some believe he's actually Barry from the future. I think it's true. Tom Cavanagh and Grant Gustin do look similar and the there are similarities in how they act. Not sure what his motivations would be though.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Didnt visit in a while,but besides that...I honestly didnt like Grant Gustin at first,but I like him now.Crossovers with Arrow were awessome.Love how the writers got that "Who would win?" thing going on.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

catwhowalksbyhimself

There was already a set picture of the actor in the costume quite a while ago, actually.

Anyhow, looking forward to Flash's return.

catwhowalksbyhimself

In a move that should surprise no one, Flash has been renewed for a second season.  Also, annual crossovers with Arrow.

thalaw2

I'm so happy this is back on the air.  This latest episode left a bit to be desired, but was overall very good.
Spoiler
Was that Batista from GotG and WWE?

革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

The Scofield brothers are back in action. :)
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Ohhhh.  that explains why the guy looks like Batista without the size.  I haven't seen Prison Break in ages.
革命不会被电视转播

bat1987

Excited for this show's return.

Spoiler
The episode was not as good as i hoped but was still good enough.
Purcell and Miller went a bit over the top with their performances at times, I knew they were going for it, but they overdid it I think. Heat Wave's scene with Caitlin was good. Cold had some good moments but I prefer his first appearance. After that final fight, maybe Barry is getting a new costume?