The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

BWPS

Boy oh boy this is going to be a good time at the television!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Glitch Girl

I don't say this often, but SQUEEE!!!!
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay. that was actually pretty awesome.

Still not sold on the costume when he's still, but I love the lightning effects when he runs.  Love Zoom showing up in the very first scene of the trailer, and the overall plot seems to be very good.

I was hopeful, but nearly ambivillent before. I'm sold now.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

JeyNyce

It looks pretty good
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Outcast

I never really got into Arrow (maybe because of the slow pacing.. :wacko:) but this looks exciting. Something I would look forward to watching. :)

thalaw2

It certainly looks like it'll be fun to watch. 
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

Parts of this look pretty good, but why in the world did they cast a clone of the whiny Spider-Man actor as Barry Allen?  :P  Ehh, I didn't see anything here to make me reconsider the show.  It still reeks of CW-ness.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 16, 2014, 02:22:45 AM
Parts of this look pretty good, but why in the world did they cast a clone of the whiny Spider-Man actor as Barry Allen?  :P  Ehh, I didn't see anything here to make me reconsider the show.  It still reeks of WB-ness.

I think you mean CW-ness, Benton.. If a Warner Brothers owned DC character starts to lack in WB-ness then I will start to worry that they are hiring Marvel people to design their shows.

Secondly, I watched all of the Barry Allen episodes of Arrow that were the set up for spinning him off into Flash.. and I thought he was perfectly cast for the role although a much younger version of the character then the old Flash show in the '90s. It's very obvious they are setting up Arrow and Flash to be running side by side to build their television DC Universe on and the whole disaster which created the lightning which struck Barry shall be the trigger for all of the metahumans to come.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

BentonGrey

Whoops, edited.  Thanks CQ!

Ehh, he just doesn't sound, look, or act like Barry to me.  That's just from these trailers, so maybe he's better in the show.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 16, 2014, 04:17:24 AM
Ehh, he just doesn't sound, look, or act like Barry to me.  That's just from these trailers, so maybe he's better in the show.

Yeah, just let the pilot and maybe a few episodes past that let the show speak for itself. I'm pretty sure the Flash show will have a much different tone to it then what might not have worked with Arrow (since it's more flashback driven with what goes on between the island and present day). And you will get a pretty good look at '90s Flash vs New Flash since John Wesley Shipp is appearing on the show during the pilot (I keep wondering if maybe they use John as Zoom).

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Talavar

These trailers look fun, but it still depresses me that Warner Bros. is wasting as high-profile and interesting a character as the Flash on a low budget CW show.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Talavar on May 16, 2014, 09:57:59 PM
These trailers look fun, but it still depresses me that Warner Bros. is wasting as high-profile and interesting a character as the Flash on a low budget CW show.

CW proved they can make a superhero show already,didnt they?Well at least nothing can suck like Agents of SHIELD  :doh: .
@T Any air dates for the pilot yet?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Not that I can tell, unfortunately. And please, as much as I agree with your sentiments on CW having proved its worth, this is the Flash thread. Lets not start fights about completely unrelated shows.

Also, apparently John Shipp is actually playing Henry Allen, Barry's father (who is falsely imprisoned for Zoom's murder of Barry's mom). Kind of stinks, since that means he won't be playing a speedster... but the role does suit him at the same time.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on May 17, 2014, 06:43:04 AM
Well at least nothing can suck like Agents of SHIELD

You apparently haven't been watching the last few episodes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bat1987

Looks really good. Zoom appearing was awesome ofc.

p.s the amount of people in the youtube comment section that thought this was a movie was huge!

HarryTrotter

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 17, 2014, 09:05:37 AM
Well at least nothing can suck like Agents of SHIELD

You apparently haven't been watching the last few episodes.
Were there any superheroes?  :unsure: Yeah I thought so.
Hate to sidetrack this so lets just agree to disagree.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

CW proved they can make a superhero show already,didnt they?

They did?  News to me.

Tomato

I'd say they have, yes. Arrow has been very well written, well paced, and is easily one of my favorite shows. Flash, similarly, looks very well put together, the graphics are intense, and I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

Compare that to DC's track record when it comes to film (Man of Steel, TDKR, and Green Lantern were all "good" films at best) and I'd much rather have Flash in the CW's hands. Besides, there's nothing that says he can't show up int the movies (Batman is obviously showing up despite Gotham's production, after all), just that DC doesn't like to do that.

Cyber Burn

Going off of the previews, even though I'm not 100% sold on the costume, the visuals really don't look too bad, and seem to have some pretty decent potential. I just really hope that the stories can keep pace with them.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Talavar on May 17, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

CW proved they can make a superhero show already,didnt they?

They did?  News to me.

They(CW) do a pretty good job with TV-show.Arrow is great,Supernatural is a good show,Vampire Dieries I dont watch but its pretty popular.So we can expect Flash to be at least good.
Jon Farmer

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Spade on May 18, 2014, 10:04:57 AM

They(CW) do a pretty good job with TV-show. Arrow is great, Supernatural is a good show, Vampire Diaries I don't watch but its pretty popular. So we can expect Flash to be at least good.

I really enjoy Arrow, but I've never watched Supernatural though. As for the Vampire Diaries, my wife had wanted to watch it, so I tried to watch it with her... :banghead:.

That is time I will never be able to get back.

It may be "popular", but it's popular with all the Twilight fans, you know, all the people who love annoying, whiney, characters.

Hopefully, Flash will at least be better than that.

HarryTrotter

Like I said Its popular,not necesary good. :thumbdown:
Jon Farmer

detourne_me

So the pilot has been leaked! Has anybody else seen it?
I've got to say that I am a huge fan of Arrow, and this show is shaping up to be just as good....if they can keep the special effects budget up.
Of course there was the obligatory CW teenage romance type plots, and a few cringeworthy dialog moments, but I like how this show is going to be a bit more bright and fantastic as opposed to Arrow's grim n gritty.

Spoiler
first, I guess the race switch for Wally West is going to carry through to the TV show too, if they ever introduce him... I hope they will.
There's already a will they/won't they tension building between Barry and Iris, but mix Eddie Thawne in as her new boyfriend, and of course Felicity is still interested in Barry.
The special FX are outstanding, I'm hoping the budget will stay that way for the series. His costume is really well done, too.
Here are some more specific show spoilers....
Spoiler
John Wesley Shipp as Barry's dad was a nice touch!
Grodd!!!
Who is Harrison Wells? Could he be a future Bart Allen? Dr. Zoom? Metron even?
Did they predict a crisis on infinite earths in 10 years too?  Cool stuff

trebean

Spoiler
Harisson Wells is probably the Chief from Doom Patrol, with his interest on Barry and metas

HarryTrotter

When you say pilot has been leaked,you mean the whole episode is out?
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Yes you can find it online.

And
Spoiler
its actually pretty good. A lot of stuff happens. They do get right to the point, he becomes the Flash by the end of the episode. The effects are really good for a TV show. Didn't care too much for the villain. Thought it was gonna be Weather Wizard, but he was named Clyde Mardon, not Mark (brothers?). We'll see how it goes. I liked Crisis on Infinite Earths reference at the end. Some nice setups for the future. Grodd! Also Eddy Thawne, we'll see how that goes. All in all I liked it, nice setup and it left me wanting more.

trebean

Quote from: bat1987 on June 30, 2014, 09:13:59 AM
Yes you can find it online.

And
Spoiler
its actually pretty good. A lot of stuff happens. They do get right to the point, he becomes the Flash by the end of the episode. The effects are really good for a TV show. Didn't care too much for the villain. Thought it was gonna be Weather Wizard, but he was named Clyde Mardon, not Mark (brothers?). We'll see how it goes. I liked Crisis on Infinite Earths reference at the end. Some nice setups for the future. Grodd! Also Eddy Thawne, we'll see how that goes. All in all I liked it, nice setup and it left me wanting more.
Spoiler
Yeah, I think the current WW from before New 52 originally stole the wand from his brother, not sure but I read some Flash comics that reference this

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

When stuff like this gets "leaked" I wonder if it was by accident or to get the word of mouth out on the net???
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!