The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWPS

Yeah I wonder about that too. If it's intentional I wish they'd just release it.

I hate that I'm going to have to wait til so much later after so many people have seen it but I'm not going to steal it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Reepicheep

Quote from: JeyNyce on June 30, 2014, 12:52:45 PM
When stuff like this gets "leaked" I wonder if it was by accident or to get the word of mouth out on the net???

I think the same thing at times. You can see the strategy. Its almost a free way of estimating your ratings without too much compromise on views when you actually air your pilot, especially in the cases when "a couple of scenes were omitted from the leaked cut". Folks are still gonna watch TV.

A lot of people work on production, but very few of them actually have access to the final cut.

crimsonquill

I happened to find it.. thanks to some friends who were anxiously awaiting Arrow and The Flash as much as I was.

Spoiler
I was very happy with it.. lots of easter eggs and nods to the '80s Flash show in Barry's Dad. I'm assuming that Metas will be showing up in BOTH Arrow and The Flash from this point forward. Looking forward to what comes next!

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

HarryTrotter

Great episode.
Grods cage was an interesting easter egg.
So anyone thinks that guy from STAR labs is The Chief?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

BWPS

Quote from: Spade on June 30, 2014, 06:17:52 PM
Great episode.
Grods cage was an interesting easter egg.
So anyone thinks that guy from STAR labs is The Chief?

I know I shouldn't be reading this thread before I watch it but I have a habit on clicking ones where I've made a comment,  so I'd really appreciate liberal use of spoiler tags. Sori for being that guy.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

I was just going to say that, Guys please put spoiler tags if you're going to talk about the episode.  Thanks
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

JeyNyce

Just saw the first episode and this show is going to be awesome.  I can see crossovers, the Rogue, Zoom, and much more coming to the show if they continue doing this show right.

Spoiler
The conversation Barry had with GA was the best part
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

Sorry,guys sometimes I post from my phone so I cant add spoiler tags.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Solid pilot episode, and I haven't been a booster of this show as an idea so far. 
Spoiler
The FX work isn't bad for a TV budget, something that'll hopefully continue, and CW angsty-ness wasn't as bad as some of their programming can be.  The stuff with Barry as a kid, running from bullies was a little on the nose, and the Arrow crossover comes out of left field if you aren't watching that show, but it's got potential.

Midnite

Quote from: detourne_me on June 29, 2014, 12:01:16 PM
So the pilot has been leaked! Has anybody else seen it?
I've got to say that I am a huge fan of Arrow, and this show is shaping up to be just as good....if they can keep the special effects budget up.
Of course there was the obligatory CW teenage romance type plots, and a few cringeworthy dialog moments, but I like how this show is going to be a bit more bright and fantastic as opposed to Arrow's grim n gritty.

Spoiler
first, I guess the race switch for Wally West is going to carry through to the TV show too, if they ever introduce him... I hope they will.
There's already a will they/won't they tension building between Barry and Iris, but mix Eddie Thawne in as her new boyfriend, and of course Felicity is still interested in Barry.
The special FX are outstanding, I'm hoping the budget will stay that way for the series. His costume is really well done, too.
Here are some more specific show spoilers....
Spoiler
John Wesley Shipp as Barry's dad was a nice touch!

Grodd!!!
Who is Harrison Wells? Could he be a future Bart Allen? Dr. Zoom? Metron even?
Did they predict a crisis on infinite earths in 10 years too?  Cool stuff

Spoiler
I was hoping John Wesley Shipp was going to be Max Mercury instead of his dad.

Starman

I thought they crammed way too much into a single episode. You have Barry's entire tragic childhood backstory, superhero origin, day job, cast of supporting allies and villains, love interest, love rival, costume, mentors, first super villain, Easter Eggs galore, and a pretty decent mastery of his powers all in a single episode. The story seemed to jump around a lot from location to location, and there was a truckload of exposition.

I understand that they probably wanted a strong pilot episode that wrapped up all the "boring" stuff, showed off some cool effects and set The Flash up for superhero adventures immediately in Episode 2, but I really wish they'd paced it a bit better and spread all of this out over at least two episodes.

That said, all the actors, action scenes, costume and special effects were fine and the Easter Eggs were appreciated, particularly
Spoiler
Gorilla Grodd and the Crisis On Infinite Earths reference
at the end. I also liked the fact that
Spoiler
Eddie Thawne is introduced as the obvious future bad guy but that Harrison Wells could also be Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash ... I'd actually really prefer Wells to be a villain, tbh, since I like the actor

There is plenty of interesting stuff the writers can draw from Mark Waid's and Geoff Johns' run on the comic ... The Flash is generally a lot better comic than, say, Green Arrow. And the CW has churned out some surprisingly cool shows lately, like The Tomorrow People, Star-Crossed and The 100 (two of which have been cancelled, but still...).  So, there is potential for The Flash to be good.

HarryTrotter

Am I the only one who thinks Wells is possibly The Chief and that we could see Doom Patrol down the road?
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Could be, but there's a lot of gaps in that theory, and until later episodes fill them in we have no idea what's going down with that.

HarryTrotter

^ofc,Im just guessing.
BTW we will probably be seeing some metahumans in Arrow,too.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Apparently, Ronald Raymond AKA 1/2 of Firestorm has been cast for the show.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

I know nothing about the actor, but he looks entirely CW.  At least there's a good reason for Ronny Raymond to be a youngster.  It would be cool, unlikely, but still cool, if we got the Ronny/Prof. Stein version of Firestorm. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BWPS

It's Stephen Amell's brother. He was on the Tomorrow People. It was really really stupid but whatever I'm sure he'll be fine.

BentonGrey

It's neat, and very surprising,  that we're going to see a live action version of Firestorm. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Ugh... just had a forehead slapping epiphany...

Spoiler
Dr. Harrison Wells... H.G. Wells  :rolleyes:

trebean

............ OHHHHHH!
SO THAT MEANS..... HE COULD BE........ AAH ERMM GEE......

On another note. Wentworth Miller has been cast as Captain Cold, no complaints there, he's a great actor if you've seen Prison Break.

Midnite

spydermann93

Quote from: Midnite on July 27, 2014, 06:07:43 PM
Speed Trap Trailer

What Easter Eggs do you see?  ^_^

"Can't drive 55" is one! :P

Oh! And if you look really closely after the second car, you can see the Flash running!  Don't blink, or you'll miss it!

Podmark

Interesting casting reported today, Clancy Brown as The General.
That's pretty cool, though honestly I find it amusing that both the character and actor appeared in Justice League but not as the same.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

trebean

Boop, here's a set photo of Miller as Snart

I think this before cold gun Cold, hopefully anyway, while I think that they'll probably design a new costume rather than the goofy eskimo suit. I still hope they keep the glasses.

Edit:
Seems to be Girder is also appearing on Ep6. Cool, it seems that Flash as a series was a good way to go imo, a movie can barely represent his colorful cast of enemies with enough development, and if there's one thing I love about Flash, it's his Rogues.

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Midnite on July 27, 2014, 06:07:43 PM
Speed Trap Trailer

What Easter Eggs do you see?  ^_^

Billboard for "Palmer Technologies: Bigger Isn't always Better"
On the Crossword Puzzle:
-Grodd
-Starlabs
-Allen
-Ghost... Dad?
-Thunder(Johnny??)

Couldn't see the cup.

John Jr.

Just saw the pilot with my with my wife and we both liked it. Nice story, with a lot of classic comics references and easter eggs, I liked the plot and the promise of a take in the Rogues Gallery (we can't have without the Rogues, right?). The costume works, it have the mandatory "it's not a super-hero costume, it's protective armor" modern look, but it looks like a Flash costume.
The only thing we don't liked:
Spoiler
The Geoff John take on Barry's parents, I know Johns thinks all DC super-heroes must have a "tragic past", but I like a little diversity, you know. I liked better when Bats and Supes were the orphans with a tragic past, but guys like Barry were allowed the have a normal, happy childhood.

Looking forward to the series.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Glitch Girl

Reminder: Series premiers tonight.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

As long as it isn't at the same time as Agents of SHIELD, I'll be watching.

EDIT: Seems like it isn't, so I will.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.