Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

I continue my cleanup/reorg of my hard drives by posting 26 classic meshes by Beyonder. I've added preview pics, keyframes, and FFv3R versions as needed. I am also working on some additional Beyonder goodies for my next post.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

Gotten a long way through cleaning up my hard drive and the good news is it pays off in more goodies. Today, I'm posting 16 more downloads from The Beyonder. I've grouped his classic male variants into a few multi-pack downloads, so the total number of meshes I'm posting is a big 78!
Special thanks to the folks who made this update possible:
- DaGlob for whipping up 10 brand new standard skins for the male_cape variants. Check em all out, some nice work there!
- Wyldfyre for skoping a male_cape_gloves variant (and nobelt version) when I realized it didn't exist (and I really wanted a complete set! :) ) .
- Hoss20 for fixing a problem with the hair meshes so they would work in FFv3R as well as FF. He also corrected a texture issue I was having with the male_cape_gloves_boots mesh.
- And of course Beyonder for making all this in the first place (plus Firestorm for the many default skins)!
- I've also included a never-released male_bald_suit mesh Beyonder did for me when I requested it for the JLA Mod. (meant for Lex). Never used it in the mod, but now you all get to have it, complete with a quick default skin I whipped up.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I've updated EZHero to properly handle the paths for the GOG versions of both FF games (now that there is a GOG FF game!) I personally use the GOG versions of both games so I've also gone back and updated the installers for various other add-ons and mods to provide GOG paths in the informational help (I had Steam paths there for a while and now show Steam, GOG, and CD paths). I've done this for EZ Danger Room, FFv3R Mod Tools, Real Reich, Superhero TV, DC Universe Mod, JLA: Pawns of Darkness, The Super Powers Mod, and the X-Mod.

Didn't do EZFX yet as I'm planning big updates for both of those installers.
www.alexff.com

Epimethee

Very niceā€”much appreciated, Alex :) And great news on EZFX!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Awesome work Alex!  I'm excited to see all this stuff being updated and added! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

And now it's time to dim the lights, turn up the music and pour a glass of Courvoisier ...  yes, my friends, The Ladies Man (aka Interceptor) is featured on today's update . I've put up 25 of his fine meshes and skins for your gaming adventures. Enjoy!

www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Great update, Alex!

But I have one question: is it just me, or is your site acting really slow? Usually, I have no problems browsing your site, but the downloads and images take a very long time to load.

I thought that it might have been my connection, but other image heavy sites load just fine for me.

EDIT: Seems better now. I have no idea what was going on, lol :P

AfghanAnt

I completely forgot that Emma Frost mesh existed. Wow. Thank you Alex.

Wait now that I think about it didnt Beyonder have a similar Emma Frost mesh as well?

Deaths Jester

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 07, 2016, 05:15:56 PM
I completely forgot that Emma Frost mesh existed. Wow. Thank you Alex.

Wait now that I think about it didnt Beyonder have a similar Emma Frost mesh as well?

Yes, AA, Beyonder had a mesh of Emma Frost that IPS skinned that I think was called female_basic_noheels_flats..or something like such.  Know he did do one thugh.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

abenavides

DG, can you send me that mesh by BYD? I've been collecting all his female ones and hadn't come across that one.
www.alexff.com

daglob

abenavides

Daglob is back with 16 new creations!

Plus, I've started a new visual record of maps (an Atlas, if you will) as an aid to modders, available on the Goodies page. Only a few maps from the original game listed so far, but it will grow.
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

Daglob is a Machine!  :D  Releasing more Content in a Week than I do in a year...Man, I'm jealous.  :P

Alex, the Atlas is an awesome idea, what a fantastic Resource.  :thumbup:  Thank you for all the work you're putting into your Site.

abenavides

A big-time update today to welcome in August.

First up, more lost treasures from my backup hard drive. There are 20 skins/meshes from the resident artists. And I'll pause to point out that, with this update, the Fortress now proudly hosts over 2,000 skins and meshes !

But wait ! That's not all! Alex's Atlas has been updated and now shows all the maps from the original Freedom Force game - 68 in all! I've also converted the Atlas to work off a database, to make future maintenance easier and other features possible in the future.

I have updated art on some of my "Goodies".

And finally - a quick update on mods:

As I've done for other mods on my site, I've updated the Suicide Squad Mod installer to more easily support the GOG and Steam versions of  FF (default is GOG). I also added a launch EXE like I have on other mods. The installer places a shortcut to this on your desktop when installing. Basically, it just makes it easy to install and play the mod (plus using the latest install creation software made the download file a bit smaller)

I have done some work to get the Freedom Force (original game) Mod working properly. Fixed the Mission 2 bug by scripting a workaround. Fixed some maps that weren't working right, added some missing head.nifs, and fixed the strings throughout the game. Hope to get this re-released in the near future. Thanks to Yellow Lantern and Spydermann93 for their testing help so far!
www.alexff.com

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

abenavides

Just realized the Zemo skin was missing the hexed nif. I've added it to the pack and also created a version that works for FF in the same pack.
www.alexff.com

SickAlice

Always great to see your site rockin steady. Congrats on hitting the watermark.

abenavides

I've been tied up with lots of real-life stuff, but wanted to put something out to let you know the fortress is still here.

I've updated the FF mod for FFv3R (after many many years!). Now renamed "FF Classic for FFv3R" - several bugs have been fixed, so it should work all the way through at least level 10! May work further but I haven't played further. Let me know if you find bugs! Get it on the Mods page!
A huge special thanks to yell0w_Lantern and spydermann93  for testing the mod (and thx YL, for the fixed abomb nif)!

Coming soon (hopefully) ... I am just about ready to release the long-delayed EZFX 6.1 as well as my still-nameless app that auto-installs meshes. Look for them in October!

And a Fortress update wouldn't be complete without more magic from DaGlob (this time, with a collaboration with J_Foam as well!)
Enjoy the 18 new skins/meshes !

www.alexff.com

WyldFyre

Hey Alex.

Great Update. I'm getting a 404 file not found error on Swamp Thing and Whisper. Just a head's up.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

Hey Alex, I might have a few more FX for :ffvstr: floating around that I had done for Benton's Marvel Mod. If you're interested, I could try to find them for you.

schick

abenavides

Thx WF - both links fixed now.

Cyber, sure more fx would be great.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Re-posted the FF Classic Mod, the version I put up a couple of days ago was a slightly older build than the latest one (oops!). This one has corrected even more bugs. I've titled this download FFClassic_v3, so you'll know you have the latest. Grab it on the Mods page.
www.alexff.com

Deaths Jester

Question: has anyone heard from Alex recently? Am a bit concerned a bit seeing as there's so much there and would be sad to possibly lose it.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

I have been e-mailing him, last time I got a response was Friday. He mentioned recently that he, too, was having computer trouble. Hopefully he has enough stuff now for an update...