Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Back in the early days of FF, we didn't have no fancy-pants FFX to spice up our mods. We had a dozen FX maybe! And we typed in every power for every hero into FFEDIT with our bare fingers - and we walked 5 miles in the snow to find the right mesh - and 80% of the time the right mesh was male_basic!

Return with me now to those thrilling days of FF innovation with a blast from the past - the legendary Super Powers Mod by Fatal_T and The Four-Eyed Avenger!

I had this on my backup drive and after checking with The Four-Eyed one himself, I took it upon myself to combine the various installers and patches into a single complete package. I also fixed an issue with certain levels that needed maps that only came with the original FF editor.

A true classic, this is one of the first DC Mods, but still among my favorites - the "Bat's In The Cradle" episode still inspires. I remember congratulating Fatal_T and Four-Eyed Avenger on their great achievement when it came out. I kind of always felt this occurs in a shared universe with my own JLA Mod as we both used a lot of the same meshes/skins and my own hero "recipes" were used as the basis for some heroes.

I'm glad we can all once again enjoy this great adventure! Grab it now on the Mods page.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Haha, I played this back in the day, and it is a great classic mod.  Your description though, that's priceless. :lol:

Thanks for hosting this!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

After almost 10yrs, I'm once again posting Courtnall6's Marvel skins. Only about 15 up right now (cause I'm busy dammit!)

But look for more Marvel (and other currently unhosted skins) to follow.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

Quote from: abenavides on May 23, 2014, 02:14:20 AM
After almost 10yrs, I'm once again posting Courtnall6's Marvel skins. Only about 15 up right now (cause I'm busy dammit!)

But look for more Marvel (and other currently unhosted skins) to follow.

WOOHOO!

Starman

You are awesome... Thanks!  :thumbup:

I don't think c6's stuff from Champions or Renegade Victory is hosted on anyone's website at the moment (although it has been collected in yahoo groups). Fingers crossed all the Champions stuff gets a new home.

Cyber Burn

Any chance we can beg and plead to get him to release some of his previously unreleased Skins, before he stopped Skinning, he had previewed some outstanding pieces of art, including a beautiful Juggernaut Skin.

deano_ue

nice... glad to see these finally getting a home again. we really need to do something as a community to get all the older members content off of yahoo and on to an actual site.

and i agree with cb i would love to see c6 back along with others like renegade, fusion,beyonder and gren not even for content just to see how they're doing

Cyber Burn

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 25, 2014, 03:13:09 PM
nice... glad to see these finally getting a home again. we really need to do something as a community to get all the older members content off of yahoo and on to an actual site.

and i agree with cb i would love to see c6 back along with others like renegade, fusion,beyonder and gren not even for content just to see how they're doing

Agreed, I was going to send C6 a PM about something, but he hasn't logged in to FR since October of 2013.  :(

abenavides

Added 33 more skin packs to Courntall6's Marvel page, bringing the current total to 48.
More on the way.
www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Excellent release Alex, I actually found a few things that I didn't have. Thank you.

abenavides

Have about 100 to go to catch up to what I had originally on my site.
And then I will start adding his work from other places (anybody have his Champions of Freedom stuff? I only have some of it)
www.alexff.com

Starman

Champions also had the skins that used to be hosted on Renegade's Toybox, right?

abenavides

Thanks for the link!

I don't suppose anyone has copies of the preview pics that used to go with his skins?
I have about 117 of the ones I used to have on my site, but that's not all of them and I have none of the Champions ones.
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

Quote from: abenavides on May 30, 2014, 01:46:30 AM
Thanks for the link!

I don't suppose anyone has copies of the preview pics that used to go with his skins?
I have about 117 of the ones I used to have on my site, but that's not all of them and I have none of the Champions ones.

Unfortunately, I believe a few of us have used the Way Back Machine to try and find preview pics, but as far as I know, no one has had any luck.

President Raygun

I might happen to have those preview pics, if you have something like a list of what you need that would help.

Starman

I posted this in another thread ... this is the stuff C6 had hosted on "Champions of Freedom" (in case you can't remember where you got that rad Dr Doom from):

Aquaman Classic
Aquaman Modern
Aquaman Under Sea Camo
Baldur The Brave
Bloodaxe
Captain Britain I
Captain Britain II
Captain Marvel Amalgam
Colossus
Cyclops
Dr. Fate
Dr. Fate JLU
Executioner
Fandral
Flash Barry Allen
Flash JLU
Flash Wally West
General Eiling Mutation JLU
Green Guardian Amalgam
Hellboy
Hogun The Grim
Hyperion
Impulse
Johnny Quick
Killer Shrike
Kraven The Hunter
Moonwing Amalgam
Power Girl
Quicksilver 3 Pack
Silver Samurai
Steel
Thor
Wonderman
Red Robin
Loki
Seth
Thor Modern
Ulik
Fantastic Four
Odin
Blue Beetle
C6 Blue Lantern
C6 Green Lantern
Crimson Dynamo
GL: First Flight
Guardian
Iron Man: Golden Avenger
Iron Man: New Red and Gold
Mandarin
Sinestro
Puck
Sinestro Animated
Sinestro Corps
Thor Classic
Sinestro Green Lantern
War Machine
Titanium Man
Dr. Doom

Does anyone know where C6's Renegade's Toybox skins are? There were a slew of skins including xmen, alpha flight, count nefaria, wildcat, etc

abenavides

President Raygun, the list above Is a good start if you have them. I'll go through my marvel list and post later.
www.alexff.com

deano_ue

i sent c6 a message on the ps3 saying you were doing this and to see if he had any of his stuff. hopefully he will get in contact

on an unrelated note will you be updating your hero file collection alex.

abenavides

Thx . I actually asked c6 by email a few days back as well.

I am doing find hero files right now . I had gone a bunch of updates that never got released . I am revisiting and updating to ffv3r.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Posted a request for some C6 Angel skins in the Requests forum.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

12 More C6 Marvel skins up, brining total to 60.
Thanks to President RayGun for providing plenty of pics which I'm still sorting through.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Automated some steps to make it go faster - 32 more skins, bringing total to 92.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

46 more skins, bringing total to 138.
That will do it for this weekend, but more coming soon.
www.alexff.com

Starman

It's awesome seeing C6's stuff being collected on a site again  :thumbup: :thumbup:

abenavides

Another day, another 63 skins by Cournall6 added to his Marvel page! Hope to wrap this update up soon.
www.alexff.com