Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: abenavides on July 08, 2014, 11:18:20 PM
OK it turns out it's one word (Renegade himself made it clear!) Pleased to be able to bring you 28 additional meshes now available for downloading on the Toybox page.
A little status report as well:
- Working on EZHero 3.5 which fixes a few glitches but also adds the ability to override certain settings , as requested by Yellow Lantern. More info on that when it's released (just have one bug left to crush).
- Working on EZFX 5.2 and EZFX 6.1 (may change name of 6.1 to 6.2 to make it all line up) - which will include many new FX for both games.
- Continuing to update pages by Courtnall6, Renegade, and Johnny Patches.
- Planning to start a new DevDiary that will cover my preparations and plans for the updated JLA Mod.
- A few other things I still need to reveal.

I am excited about all of these, ESPECIALLY the DevDiary and the EZFX update :D

abenavides

Did you know there are currently 8 versions of Doctor Fate on my site? No? Neither did I!

Until I created ... EZ Search!

Now you can easily search through the nearly 1,500 skins and meshes currently hosted here to find what you're looking for. Right now, it does a simple check through names, but I may expand it to do even more in the future. (I've got some ideas).

Try it out by clicking the EZ Search link at the top of the Skins & Meshes page!

Let me know about anything not showing up in a search, I've fixed a few typos in names as I tested this out , but there may be more.

P.S. This is one of the "few other things I still need to reveal"

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

Wow!  It even gives the author's name after the character!  Sweet! :thumbup:

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Very useful and a nice addition to your site.  Thanks Alex.  :thumbup:
For Freedom!

Starman

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ElijahSnowFan

Awesome! It just keeps getting better and better -- yeah, this will sound a little sappy, but I think it's awesome that it feels like there's been a resurgence of interest in the game -- and I'm not necessarily speaking of new content.

Really, it's so nice to simply have the material made years ago being collected and presented. Not because I didn't have some of them, but because at the end of the day, at least for me, this game has always been about the community and being able to see the creativity and skill that has been on display for years and years now.

Then you add these new features, something like an EZSearch...again, it's a little sappy. But this stuff means more to some of us than just releases. It's about a bunch of people with the same interests who, despite the passage of time, have maintained a specific tie, even as years have passed.

I think it's more special than the average person might even realize.

EDIT: AND OH MY STARS AND GARTERS! EZHero 3.4 IS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!! Thanks so much for this!! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: ElijahSnowFan on July 10, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

It's about a bunch of people with the same interests who, despite the passage of time, have maintained a specific tie, even as years have passed.

I think it's more special than the average person might even realize.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

abenavides

Thanks for the kind words ElijahSnowFan!
(now turn around, there's something in my eye ... )
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Captain Spectacular

I tried the EXsearch function, and I liked it.  It really does help when looking for only one mesh or skin.

docdelorean88

the search is great! And im super glad to see Ren is around and doing well! And just as glad to see his work being brought back! Maybe we will see his elusive Super Soldier Mesh :D Thanks for all the amazing work Alex. Your site was one of the first i ever visited for downloads, and its still holds a special place in my heart. As well as a big chunk of my hard drive :P
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Kenn

I tried it.  It worked with "Doctor Fate".   Nothing came up when I tried "Green Lantern" or "Superman".  Is it still in development?
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

hoss20

The search works for me and I even tried Superman and Green Lantern to see if I could replicate Kenn's problem. I did notice, however,  that in order to search, you have to hit the Enter button on your keyboard. When clicking on the "Go!" button next to the Search Box to conduct your search, nothing happens. I tried both Explorer and Firefox as my browsers and it didn't make a difference.

By the way, thanks for doing this Alex. In all honesty, I always enjoy searching your site for stuff I'm looking for. I always come across something that I might be able to use for skoping if not finding a character I've forgotten about. This will certainly help when I have to find something in particular, though.

Kenn

Thanks Hoss.   Hitting Enter instead of the Go Button is making it work for me too.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

abenavides

I'll check the go button. I probably changed the name of something as I worked on it and didn't update it.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

www.alexff.com

spydermann93

I just tested it in Firefox and I can validate that this works, now! :thumbup:

abenavides

Just a quick rpt on the next update.
I'm putting up stuff by Beyonder, C6, and JP.

It won't be one of my 50 things updates because it's taking a bit longer to prep these files. Most of them don't have preview pics so I'm creating them myself.

JP's stuff also doesn't have std skins so daglob has kindly pointed me at his stuff . Some of the meshes have issues with Ffv3R, so I'm converting with eznif and getting help from hoss20 and Spydermann93 when that doesnt' work.

So, basically, a lot of work going into them, but I just want to make sure they work for as easily as possible for both games.
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Quote from: abenavides on July 14, 2014, 07:04:02 PM

It won't be one of my 50 things updates because it's taking a bit longer to prep these files. Most of them don't have preview pics so I'm creating them myself.

JP's stuff also doesn't have std skins so daglob has kindly pointed me at his stuff . Some of the meshes have issues with Ffv3R, so I'm converting with eznif and getting help from hoss20 and Spydermann93 when that doesnt' work.

So, basically, a lot of work going into them, but I just want to make sure they work for as easily as possible for both games.

If there's anything that I can do to help hasten the progress, please let me know.

Cyber Burn

I have to say that all the work you've been putting in to your site, to EZHero, EZFX, and everything else is absolutely appreciated. To be quite honest, that is really a serious understatement.

Thank you.

abenavides

www.alexff.com

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 14, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

I have to say that all the work you've been putting in to your site, to EZHero, EZFX, and everything else is absolutely appreciated. To be quite honest, that is really a serious understatement.

Thank you.

Absolutely this, x2!

Figure Fan

John Jr.

Great to see your site up and running, Alex. I discovered FF thanks to your Fortress and I believe it's one of the best sites to a new gamer to get the basics about the game.
Thank you so much for the great job!

BentonGrey

CB speaks for all of us, Alex.  These updates are a humongous boon for the community.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! It really is nice to have an appreciative audience.

Well, wayddya know? It kinda turned into one of my patented Fortress Fifty-item updates!  :wacko:

Thanks to lots of you for helping out by sending me skins and meshes I was needing. Should be out soon!
www.alexff.com

abenavides

A nice big mix of stuff for today's update. First up, two of KennX's meshes have been updated to include FFv3R versions: Atomic Knight and Icon! A big thank you to hoss20 for doing the conversions and, of course, KennX for creating them in the first place!

Next, we have 13 more skins by Courtnall6! A few notes on what I'm posting: I created the Daredevil 4Pack out of his old 2 Pack and 2 other of his Daredevil skins that I had but were not posted yet. I included his 2 versions of Thunderstrike in one download. Finally, I included both male_alpha and male_basic versions of Wolverine Leather in the one download as there are 2 versions of the wolverine_unmasked mesh out there.

Then, we follow it up with 7 classic meshes by The Beyonder himself. I also created FFv3R versions when needed for these. Thanks to hoss20 once more for converting Quicksilver to FFv3R.

Finally, we bring it on home with 21 meshes by the skope master himself, Johnny Patches! To get them up to Fortress-spec, I've added std skins by daglob (thanks daglob!) and included FFv3R versions when needed. Big thanks to hoss20 and spydermann93 for converting a couple of troublesome meshes to FFv3R format. 

www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

Awesome update Alex, thank you!  :thumbup:

Also, just wanted to let you know that the link for C6's "Thor_LordofAsgard_update" is not working.