Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Hey Alex, I'm not sure if anyone has said anything yet, but just in case, in the new releases, in Renegade's section, the "Jade (female basic green lantern)" has a broken link.

On a side note, it is so cool having you back in the game and seeing the Fortress getting updated so frequently.

Thanks for all the hard work that you're putting into this.  :thumbup:

SickAlice

What he said. It's nice seeing those Ren meshes, invokes a lot of nostalgia from when I was a kid (thirty something ahem). I obvs. have a thing for those Lantern ones.

abenavides

Thx guys! I'll check that link right now, Cyber

EDIT: link fixed.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

Thanks, Alex, I more than likely already have that Mesh downloaded half a dozen times, but I'm feeling lazy today and don't feel like digging my disks out, so it's just much easier to redownload everything.    :D

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Jsyn

Hi Alex! I came back to it after more than a decade and I'm really glad to see you're still making great content for this game! I couldn't download your latest EZFX, I think the link is dead  :mellow:

Thanks for all the great work and keeping this game alive!  :thumbup:

daglob

Quote from: Jsyn on June 26, 2020, 03:58:03 AM
Hi Alex! I came back to it after more than a decade and I'm really glad to see you're still making great content for this game! I couldn't download your latest EZFX, I think the link is dead  :mellow:

I was there checking some stuff, so I tried the link. It worked for me. My version of WX does not like me to "save as", if you tried that and it didn't work, that might be the problem. Otherwise, I got nuthin'...

abenavides

Quote from: Jsyn on June 26, 2020, 03:58:03 AM

Thanks and welcome back!

I just tried the EZFX links and they both (FF and FFv3r versions) worked for me . What msg are you getting when you try them.
One thing to look for is some browsers  block downloading EXE files by default (fearing they are a problem). You just need to tell it to keep it anyway.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

A quick but historic update today. It only took about 18 years, but I've now posted the remaining Beyonder meshes I had on my hard drive. His X-Men Evolution collection is now complete. I've also split the generic male mesh packs into individual downloads with keyframes (over 70 meshes). Finally, I've added the female generic meshes (more than 50, featuring standard skins by Firestorm!) If there are other Beyonder meshes I'm unaware of, let me know!

Note that all the downloads in the artist sections now indicate SKIN or MESH, so you know what to expect.

www.alexff.com

WyldFyre

Hey Alex, I have three more evolution meshes by Beyonder. Amara, Samuel, and Scott. If you want to add them let me know and I'll get them to you.
For Freedom!

abenavides

Quote from: WyldFyre on June 28, 2020, 08:13:06 PM
Hey Alex, I have three more evolution meshes by Beyonder. Amara, Samuel, and Scott. If you want to add them let me know and I'll get them to you.
Definitely! I do have Amara, but send the rest my way!
www.alexff.com

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

abenavides

www.alexff.com

OrWolvie1

Quote from: abenavides on June 28, 2020, 10:00:57 PM
Thanks! I've posted them both now.

Wow.. You are just a posting monster these days! I love it!! You are awesome :thumbup:

abenavides

For the 4th of July, I'm posting the rest of Renegade's classic Captain America meshes as well as a few other shield-slingers from his ToyBox. Thanks to Cyber Burn for providing me a few of these.

The ever-creative DaGlob is also back with 7 more creations! Three of them (Triumph, Tarantula, and The Phantasm) feature skopes by Cyber_Burn.

Also in this update, I've posted an updated Freedom Force Classic Mod (v6) to correct a problem with the installer. Thanks to spydermann93 for catching it.

Finally, a special thanks to DaGlob for creating FFv3R fixes for some older meshes by Greycount (Flare, Lamprey, Lightning Lass, Phantom Girl). Thanks to him, we can now enjoy them in FFv3R. He has also sent me some fixes for a few KennX meshes which I will add to my next update.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Keeping the streak alive, here's another update for all you Freedom Force fans out there!

First up, there's a new update of the Freedom Force Classic Mod (now at version 7). This latest update fixes some missing NIFs that cause a crash on the Prehistoric Panic mission. (And I double-tested the installer to avoid my usual mistake when I build this mod for distribution!)

Also this month, the EZFX credits pages have been updated to show the version of EZFX that a specific FX was first released in. I also changed the formatting to make it a bit easier to read and corrected a database problem that was causing the page to not always show all the FX. I am still working on EZFX version 6.2.

Thanks to DaGlob for putting together FFv3R versions of some KennX meshes that would not convert to FFv3R. They are actually found in Lightning Man's Gallery, as Kenn did them for LM. We can now enjoy them in FFv3R!

And finally, we have some newly uploaded skins and meshes from the Fortress' resident artists.

Courtnall6

Renegade

www.alexff.com

daglob

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

abenavides

www.alexff.com

OrWolvie1

Quote from: abenavides on September 20, 2020, 03:06:55 AM
Quote from: Doctor_Fate81 on September 19, 2020, 09:35:37 PM
Alex, the site has gone down i guess

My site? It's up.

It was down for a bit yesterday. Kept getting IP address cannot be resolved error. But it was working again last night so I dunno. :unsure:

abenavides

Funnily, I couldn't get to Freedomreborn for a day or so last week.
I didn't get any message from my ISP re: my site , which I normally would, so must been some internet glitch with DNS or something.

www.alexff.com

abenavides

First post of 2021. With the everything going on in the world the last few months, haven't played around with FF lately, but I do have some updates in the works!

A quick one today - a new update of the Freedom Force Classic Mod (now at version 8). Even though I'd added missing NIFs for the Prehistoric Panic mission in v7, a lack of mesh bounding boxes meant it as impossible to complete the mission. Thanks to NyDedes for sending me a fixed NIF file. I've also patched up problems in Missions 10, 14, and 16. I am aware of an issue in Mission 19 (that will require a fixed NIF file - I just have to make the time to fix it). There's also a minor issue in Level 1 if you're doing the tutorial. Other than that, FF Classic should be playable up to 19, so we're almost 100%. Get it on the Mods page!
www.alexff.com

SickAlice

Question and site note if you're around. Wondering if you know anything about installing FFX on Windows 10 x64. It just won't install the paths correctly which are pretty important when it comes to this game of course. Else site is you're zip link for Ren's WW2 Captain America is broken.

spydermann93

Hey SA,

Try this fix: http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60434.msg825588#msg825588

It has worked wonders for me.

Also, sometimes running the base game can get Win10 to recognize your game's path correctly. It's kind of hit or miss, though.

SickAlice

Just to be clear then the target is the installer exe? This makes sense by the way. And yeah Win 10, at least it's current version is way hit and miss anyways especially when it comes to older games.

spydermann93

Quote from: SickAlice on September 24, 2021, 03:23:42 PM
Just to be clear then the target is the installer exe? This makes sense by the way. And yeah Win 10, at least it's current version is way hit and miss anyways especially when it comes to older games.

No, you target your ffxedit2.exe.

It's the third "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" search result that you find that you should replace.

SickAlice

It'll be awhile but I'll come back with results when I do. I "think" I was having an issue where the initial installation itself failed but don't quote me, it's been a long year. At any rate this stuff should be documented and perhaps provided in a doc with the download itself.

SickAlice

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 23, 2021, 09:02:01 PM
Hey SA,

Try this fix: http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60434.msg825588#msg825588

It has worked wonders for me.

Also, sometimes running the base game can get Win10 to recognize your game's path correctly. It's kind of hit or miss, though.

So I followed this to a tee (nothing needed to be zero'd out that I saw though) and the result was an unusable .exe. To be clear found third instance of "irrational games". Replaced C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich with C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich (this highlights in red after copy and paste Ctrl+V). Only zeroes after until the "r". Saved. Unusable .exe with no icon with a .bak file next to it, trying to open it gives an error warning. Where did I go wrong? It's been years since I used hex by the way, in fact same program and it was Alex that suggested to me at the time as well (was on XP S2 then I think?).

Also noting this here, I kind of get this but I don't understand where this change is supposed to made?
http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=57844.0

Thanks for all the help with this.