News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 20: Nightwing TAS

Started by Podmark, May 19, 2014, 04:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the TAS Nightwing costume?

5 - Love it!
4 - Like it
3 - Meh, no strong feelings
2 - Dislike it
1 - Hate it!

Podmark

For the end of our Grayson review I'll end with the TAS version of Nightwing.

That's it for Master Grayson. Hope you enjoyed it like I did. Next time we'll be starting on a Marvel character.
Any more Grayson costumes will need to be by request.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Gave it a 4. Very simple, if not overly so. I like it all in all, looked really good in the show. Not a huge fan of the hairstyle though ^_^

BentonGrey

1: The mullet alone earns it my ire.  It's boring, though it does have the bird rather than the chevron, and that's an improvement over some of the others.  Still, it's just plain and that mullet causes me physical pain.  This image, to me, captures everything wrong with that ersatz final season of TAS. :P  I'm probably letting emotion cloud this one for me, but either way, blah.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

4. I ultimately do like this design, but I do think it's oversimplified, like many of the TNBA era costumes. I'd much prefer it if the blue went all the way down to his fingers like in the comics, honestly.

Podmark

I gave this a 1. I just find it way too plain. I'm not huge on the hair, and I don't love the bird logo for some reason.

I've never been the fan of Batman TAS that some people are. It's a quality show, but it's storytelling always had limited appeal to me. My interest did pick up with the final season when Tim became Robin and Dick became Nightwing because it gave the illusion of an overarching plot and I liked how the characters had changed and developed from the beginning of the series. My favorite part was Nightwing, he wasn't in it much but he was cool and I still remember his theme music. Ironically I always felt his costume was lacking.

The problem for me is the lack of anything on either legs, arms, or belt. A decent addition to one or all of those would probably save the design. As it is I find it boring.
The mask is cool.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I had to go with a 2 on this one, while I don't actually hate it, I really don't like it. It honestly looks like he's wearing a little kid's pajamas.

I'll also agree with Pod, it is just downright boring.

And I'll also agree with Benton, he has a mullet...end of story.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on May 20, 2014, 03:09:51 AM
I gave this a 1. I just find it way too plain. I'm not huge on the hair, and I don't love the bird logo for some reason.

I've never been the fan of Batman TAS that some people are. It's a quality show, but it's storytelling always had limited appeal to me. My interest did pick up with the final season when Tim became Robin and Dick became Nightwing because it gave the illusion of an overarching plot and I liked how the characters had changed and developed from the beginning of the series. My favorite part was Nightwing, he wasn't in it much but he was cool and I still remember his theme music. Ironically I always felt his costume was lacking.

The problem for me is the lack of anything on either legs, arms, or belt. A decent addition to one or all of those would probably save the design. As it is I find it boring.
The mask is cool.

Okay, Pod's opinion has officially lost all of its limited viability.  :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Ehh, I'd say he was entirely too generous. 
God Bless