News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Spider-man page updates

Started by SickAlice, May 21, 2014, 03:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I choose the model from Marvel Heroes which Randomdays helped me convert. I then took a few other parts from various Spider-man games as bases. I skoped all of this into Jik's Spidey. The web wings and cords are native to that one and the cape originally from Gren's Magneto, though I made some alterations to the geometry. The rest was up to myself to model.

Spider-man comes with 100 skins. They are separated into packs for easier downloading. The first pack labelled " Spider-man " on site comes with the nif and keyframes and is needed to use the other skins.The skin packs are:

- Spider-man: The base mesh. Includes Romita's Super Stories as standard, wireframes, texture base, costume base, flesh base, heatmap and Photoshop brush set that I cobbled together to assist myself in the process that contains various Spider-man themed brushes.
- Basics: Costumes and/or looks that Spider-man basically wears in continuity. Includes Classic, Amazing, Peter Parker, Black, Negative Zone, and Six Armed.
- Basics2: A continuation of the previous includes Secret War, Negative Influence, Web Mask and Spider-Lizard.
- Upgrades: Looks that upgraded Spider-man's abilities. Includes Spider-Armor Mark 1, Insulated (Electro-Proof), Mattress-Man and Fear Itself The Mighty.
- 1st: Looks from Amazing Fantasy #15 include 1st appearance (Ditko), 1st appearance Peter Parker and Masked Marvel.
- F4: Various costumes Spider-man wore while hanging with the Fantastic 4. Includes Bag-Man, Fantastic Spider-man, Future Foundation and Future Foundation inverted.
- Reilly: Looks worn by the clone Ben Reilly. Includes Scarlet Spider Reilly (Hood-up and down versions), Sensational and Ben Reilly.
- Kaine: Looks worn by another clone named Kaine. Includes Scarlet Spider Kaine, Hoodie, Spider-Island, Kaine Parker and Kaine.
- 2099: Looks worn by Miguel O'Hara aka Spider-man 2099 (or whatever reality version of). Includes 2099, Hydra and Miguel O'Hara (Michael O'Mara BTTF throw back version).
- Slott: Costumes created during Dan Slott's run as writer. Includes BigTime Red, BigTime Green, Spider-Armor Mark 2, Spidey Whiteys, Way Of The Spider and Ghost-Spidey (from Superior).
- Others: Other spider powered people includes Blood Spider (Taskmaster student), Flipside (from 2099), Scarlet Spider Joe Wade, Spider-Island J.J.J. and Spider-Skrull
- Slingers: The costumes Spider-man wore during Identity Crisis. Includes Prodigy, Dusk, Ricochet and Hornet.
- Animated: Versions seen in various animated cartoons. Includes Unlimited, ABC 1967, Amazing Friends, TAS 1994, MTV TNAS and Muppet Babies (Spider-Baby Animal).
- Raimi: Costumes from the films by Sam Raimi. Includes Raimi, Raimi Symbiote and Raimi Wrestler.
- Webb: Costumes from the films by Marc Webb. Includes ASM, ASM 2 and Vigilante
- LiveAction: Costumes worn by actors who played Spider-man. Includes Turn Off The Dark (Broadway musical), SUPAIDAMAN, Electic Company and ABC 1977.
- Figures: Selective variations came up with for toys. I took some liberties with these to make them look nice (like I changed out the fireman hat from the figure for the one from ASM 2 for example and corrected the patch). Includes Spider-Sense, Anti-Vampire, Night Mission, Night Force, Fireman, Mego and Spader-man (bootlegs).
--- Alternate packs include a few different spider people from across the Multiverse =
- Alt1: Includes Noir, Noir Trench, Assassin, Bullet Points, Werewolf, Alex Ross, The Spider, Dormammu's Earth and Vi-Locks.
- Alt1: Includes Spider-UK, Kwaku Anansi, Last Stand, House Of M, India, 1602, Captain Spider, Spider-Punk and Tron.
- Alt1: Includes Ren And Stimpy, Holiday, Impossible, Newer Fantastic 4, Arachnoman, Bump In The Night, MC2, Marvel Nemesis and X-Force.

There's also a bonus skin in one them to round out the 100th. Obviously, this is a ton of skins. Your probably not going to want to put them all in one directory and load them all in the viewer one after another unless you have some kind of awesome system memory at your disposal lest you crash the game. I suggest making separate directories and splitting them up if you want to have many of them.

Known bugs: A lot of the pieces phase into the main body during certain animations, most especially the eyes. It doesn't look too bad though and is more a factor in CTool than in game. Also the extra arms move to the wrong position during the upside down hover animations. I could have probably fixed this but it would have been very time consuming. Like the rest this is more a factor in CTool and less in game (this animation is rarely ever used anyways).

You noticed I'm sure a few are missing. Some are still in progress but needed a different body type and/or animation set. Noted are Ultimate (different portions for Ultimate, Miles, Manga and the Spectacular cartoon), Omni-Powered (Universe and Phoenix), Iron Man keys for the Spider-Amror Mark 3, a sword/shield one for Spider-Knight and Spider-Monkey on his own. The Cyborg one needs his own body as well. And a female variant of course. More to come later on those. I also skipped Iron Spider of course. I believed that Tom's mesh was already perfect and one could go as far as to import the body into it if they felt the need. Let me know if you think I'm wrong though and I'll look into it.

For anyone who intends to add keyframes I'll give you a head start here. The nodes/string names you'll want to account for in any new keys you add are: cape top, pistol, gunholster, camera, tron_disk and x_Spidertracer spelled as is. In the case of cape top, tron_disk and gunholster the pieces are visible most of the time so make sure to adjust all end times so the pieces don't flash in and out of view. The keyframe set also originally contains the nodes web_left, web_right and web_out.

I also included some quickly dopped up FX core nifs. I'm rubbish at FX so I set up some bases to start with for anyone who gets the itch.

Spider-Monkey was made using the same design as Spider-man above. I further altered the model to match a monkey then added a tail. I resized the mesh and brought in different idle, run and walk animations from Ink's Cheetah and TJ's Toad respectively.

Earth X Spidey was also made using the same model as above. Earth X Spidey comes with two skins: Spidey as the standard and Officer Parker as an alt.

White Rabbit is originally Deathstroke by Gren. I added a female from Ewzzy's/Lord Ehmsidy's female_basic_crymson and changed the feet to match. I removed most of the Deathstroke costume bits and male_basic. I replaced the staffs with umbrellas, the grenade with an egg and the knife with a razor carrot. I wanted to replace the sword with a bladed version of the umbrella but this left the umbrella on the hip and looked weird so I brought in Tricolours rapier for shiggles instead. I left the cords so that one could make a hero file for her Spider-Island powers if prompted (like many characters White Rabbit gained comparable Spider-man-Other powers) but hid the gun as it mucks up the rope animations. Lastly I added hair from Ink's Storm, ears, bunny ears, a jacket, glove cuffs, clothing, a tail and a stop watch with a chain. I rebuilt the original Deathstroke boots into White Rabbit's fuzzy ones.

Hippo is male_hulking_brute by Thefaceman and Rhino by Gren. I sculpted the head to be more hippo and added face bits and toes.

Wraith is Ink's Lady Shiva. I sculpted the face from the female bald Ink typically uses to a mask. I then added Wraith bit's and a skin.

Boomerang Modern is Gren's Boomerang. I hid many of the boomerangs and moves others then added a new mask, belt and skin.

Overdrive is TJ's Judge Dredd. I sculpted and textured a male sideclose for the body then added a helm and neckpiece. I toned down the bike and added a car and helicopter, then changed texture instances and added alpha channels across the board. Technically one could use this to make a vehicles rider/flyer of their choosing without heavy 3d program understanding. This one also utilizes the animated texture trick to represent moving parts (propeller blades) for anyone needing an example of how to do it.

Madame Web Julia Carpenter is on White Queen Astonishing by Ink. I removed the extras and add a reassigned version of the jacket from Ink's Gambit, different hair and glasses. I then remade the jacket to resemble Julia's " Carmen Sandiego-ish " one.

Beetle (Janice) is Ink and Halfscans Wasp. I deleted everything but the wings then added a female bald by Ink with an altered face, then added Janice's costume bits and mask.

Aunt May is Diamond Lil by Grenadier. I removed the hair and added a revised skirt/dress from Gren's Isis. I then made and added a coat and two hairstyles. Skins included are Classic as standard and Marvel Now.

Stunner is Hercules by Gren. I deleted all the extras then modified the mesh for Stunner and added here little costume bits and hair. I scaled up the mesh a litte as well.

Goblin Nation Green Goblin is TJ's Green Goblin. I retained the hat and pouch. I made small amendment to the TJ body by removing the ear points as these conflict with ear addons. I saved the glider chasis though re-mapped the engine and added new wings. I added FX to the engine via Tommyboys Cannonball. I added new costume bits in the form of a belt, pouch belt, a hood and added alphas to everything. I also added a Norman Osborn head. This comes with two skins, Goblin Nation as the standard and an unmasked Norman. Norman's head had it's own texture to make it more convenient for skopers.

Phil Urich aka The Goblin Knight is on Ink's Black Knight. Phil Urich aka The Goblin Knight. I removed all of the parts of the original mesh including the body as I sculpted one with a new face, with the exception of the blade of the sword and the sheath. I made numerous parts borrowing the classic pouch and hood. I altered the keyframes to work with both his wings for flight and a fire sword. Heavy props to both Randomdays and Windblown as anything they taught me came into play here and it wouldn't have came together without their help. Urich comes with two skins, his Goblin Knight outfit from the Goblin Nation arc as the standard and Hobgoblin as an extra.

Carlie Cooper aka Monster is Ewzzy's/Lord Emsidy's female crymsin on TJ's Green Goblin. I added two of the female meshes, one of which I made alterations to the feet. Then I made the various costume parts and added them. I retained the original TJ bag and hat. I made a new glider styled after the one Carlie rode in Goblin Nation and added FX taken from Tommy's Cannonball to the engine. I added aplha channels to everything. Carlie comes with two skins, Monster as standard and Proto (no costume) as a bonus.

Lily Hollister aka Menace is Ewzzy's/Lord Emsidy's female crymsin on TJ's Green Goblin. I made changes to the face of the mesh to match Lily. Then I made the various costume parts and added them. I made a new glider styled after the one Menace rode in Goblin Nation and added FX taken from Tommy's Cannonball to the engine.

Roderick Kingsley aka The Hobgoblin is on Green Goblin by TJ. I made a new body with a modified head and feet, and added his costume bits. The I sculpted a new glider fashioned after the one Roderick used in Goblin Nation and added FX to it from Tommyboy's Cannonball. I also added an alpha channel to every part for skinners.

* Note to skopers/keyframes: Tommyboy set up the FX/particle stream system on Cannonball rather brilliantly. I copied the FX system itself (named " tornado ") directly to another node ( " glider " in this case ) and the result is it follows the animations for that node without the need to make any adjustments to the keyframes at all (so here the FX appear and disappear with the glider). As well the system doesn't have any additional components that need to be with it, it's an all in one node. This may be something for anyone to check out as it saves much time. Granted the emission in is in the direction away from the pelvis but if you can figure out how to change the direction of an FX your home free (and please share how to do it as well, thanks).

Superior Spider-man is on male_basic_symbiote by Texas Jack and Grenadier. The body is a conversion of the generic Spider-man body from Marvel Heroes done with much help from Randomdays.

I started off Superior's costume bits by using the bits from the same named model in MH as a base again to keep it authentic and as they were already sized to the mesh. I then sculpted the body again for a Venom alt and made new sets of eyes, claws and more costume bits as well as spider-legs. I deleted everything from the original mesh except the cords and claws which I kept for two of the animations. I imported all the new stuff and also fixed some issues with the PSK 2 values and brightened the rest, then re-assigned all textures. Superior Spider-man comes with three skins: Superior as the standard, his Proto costume (1st appearance) as an alt and Superior Venom as another. Original I had set up (after many, many hurdles) so that his claws on the Superior costume would come out only on raking animations. However even in the end they didn't look very good mainly as the claws would either have to hang from the fingertips or come out from the knuckles so I opted to omit that and just have him always have claws in that costume. As a result there are extra claw nodes and open slots in the keys. I left all the above to give anyone a jump start who chooses to skope this in the long run.

Superior Spider-man also comes packed with Spider-Patrol and Spider-bot. Spider-Patrol are on Forge by INK. I removed all the extras except the belt which I tampered with just a little. I then added costume extras, the base for the goggles coming from Ink's Catwoman and replaced the weapons with the ones from Gren's Cable. Spider-bot is on ant_worker by Irrational. I removed the ant body with the exception of the legs then made and brought in a Spider-bot body. I also added a handle and brought the size way down.

Staring off Halloween a little early here. Zombie Spider-man is on Spidey by Jik. I added an idle and run keyframe from Tommyboy's zombie alpha. The body is a conversion of the generic Spider-man body from Marvel Heroes done with much help from Randomdays. I further sculpted the body and added bone parts and eyelets until I felt it looked like the Marvel Zombies version.

Jack O' Lantern (Remender version) is on Green Goblin by TJ. I made a new body with a modified head face, and added his costume bits. The I sculpted a mechanical flying broom in place of the glider and added FX to it from Tommyboy's Cannonball. I also added an alpha channel to every part for skinners, updated the Omni's and FX to the head of course. Jack O' Lantern also comes with an unmasked skin.

Videoman is on Giant Man Gren. I made a new body from scratch and deleted everything else.

Norman Osborn is Punisher by Gren. I gave him a new body bringing in a male suit that I changed the proportions on. I deleted the costume extras for the most part, leaving the weapons and added Norman bits. Base skin by C6.

Just a quick swap to get back into the swing of things. All New All Different Spider-man is a conversation of the model from Future Fight rigged to Jik's Spidey. There's a small amount of drag in CTool but it looks okay in game.

Spider-man 2099 All New All Different is on Black Bolt by Gren. I subtracted some costume parts and added new ones then sculpted the mesh (mask+claws). Lastly I adjusted the keyframes so the wings only appear during glide/fly anims and skinned it.

Spider-Gwen is a converted female by Gren and JP on Jik's Spidey with parts from Marvel Heroes and Future Fight worked in.

Silk is a converted female by Gren and JP on Jik's Spidey with parts from Future Fight worked in and added bump maps.

Spidey_teen_CACW is a Future Fight model fitted to Jik's Spidey then resized. He has a Cap shield throw and also a hidden one on the back and an .obj model for FXers.

Rhino from Incredible Hulk #378 is on Gren's Rhino. I changed the lighting values, added bump maps, alpha channels and a mall Santa suit.

Mary Jane Watson is on Ink's Catwoman which I removed all the geometries of except the female bald. I then welded JP hands on to the body as well as ears and changed the texture mapping. I brought in a skirt from Ink's Marvel Girl and changed it to fit female bald rather than female teen. Then I made her some clothes. Originally this was only her Spider-Island version but I redid it and fixed some things. There are a few extra costume bits in there I didn't use in my textures as well.

Spider-man related material can be found here:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/spider.html

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Starman

I only recognize White Rabbit, but they all look cool  :thumbup: Is that little pocket watch part of the skin?

windblown

Outcast

They do look amazing. I'm interested in checking out that White Rabbit skope too.  :)

SickAlice

Thanks. I have a special place in my heart for WR. I wish I could have pulled her vehicle off though.

Pocket watch isn't part of the skin. I made the part of the model in a 3d program (the face is skinned though).
The chain was put together from a part I made previously for Zatanna.

The jacket was originally from Ink's Rogue. I remade the coat itself previously on the Harley Quinn set so that it no longer falls into the mesh. This allows for doing back decales on the jacket and so one can skin the back of the body, possibly giving it a tattoo or whatever. I remade the sleeves as well as the didn't fit this mesh and weighted them to it's vertexes.

I made the ears and tail previously for something I haven't yet released. I used a 3d model of Disney's Bambi as a starting point.
I sculpted the carrot and egg for this one specifically, the leafs on the carrot started as some of the leaves on Ink's Poison Ivy. The umbrella comes from an old game mesh of the Penguin. I remade it for this and added a gun barrel.

Sorry, I know I should have listed all that initially but I was short on time. Life has it's demands lately.

FYI: Wraiths bands may look strange but this is how I wanted to go with it. Properly they should seem " sentient " and follow her body movements. Sort of like Spawns cape. Else I would have assigned them to cape bones and let them drape.

SickAlice

Dropped in a hotel outside Fargo to upload two from Superior Foes quick. Having fun on the trip, all good weather so far.

Added Boomerang and Overdrive.

Cyber Burn

Man, both look fantastic. Glad you're enjoying your trip as well.

ghazkul

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooomerang! Love it! Any plans for the new Beetle?

SickAlice

Added Madame Web Julia Carpenter, Beetle (Janice), Aunt May, Stunner, Spider-Island Mary Jane, Goblin Nation Green Goblin, Goblin Knight, Menace, Monster and The Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)

ghazkul

daglob

Quote from: ghazkul on July 05, 2014, 07:08:34 PM
We're not worthy!

No, we're not. But I'm downloading as much as I can before he relaizes that.

Podmark

I absolutely love this set. The second I read that you were doing a Goblin Nation collection I was excited and you didn't disappoint. I'm really happy to see Menace and Monster - two characters I thought would be difficult to bring to FF. I'm glad to see the new Beetle too, love her in Superior Fores.

Of course the real highlight is Phil. I'm a big big fan of Phil in Slott's run. His Hobgoblin look is great and finally having it and the Goblin Knight available in FF makes me very happy.

Thank you!  :thumbup:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Starman

As a fan of "Superior Foes..." I'm stoked to see that Beetle! Stunner also stand out for me ... it's cool to see a super bulky female character  :thumbup:

ghazkul

Beetle is one I've been toying with for ages, but couldnt get right. Any plans for SPock?

SickAlice

Thanks anyone and all.

@ghazkul: I actually started him first. He's a joint venture between myself and RD. I'm taking my time because I want everything to look flawless. As well I'm giving him both costumes and his symbiote form and including his Spider-troops and spider-bots.

@Pod: Phil was my favorite character in Goblin Nation. I though he brought the most to the table as far as characterization and development and has the most interesting costumes too. I tired real hard to get that one to look like it walked out of the books, going as far as to having to learn new-to-me techniques to get it done. I'm happy with the outcome personally.

SickAlice

Added Superior Spider-man pack.

Cyber Burn

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love reading about everything you put into these Characters. Can't wait to check these out!

Podmark

Pretty cool. You even included a Spiderbot!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

These are really cool!

I love the tentacles and the Spider-Bot, SA!

detourne_me

Just fantastic work on the Superior Spider-Man SA!
I love how you've modeled his head and fingers too.  :thumbup:

ghazkul

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SickAlice

Thanks all. Especially for complimenting the tentacles, those were a huge pain to figure out. Personally I'm a little more reluctant to just have this one out of the way finally. Speaking of fingers I'll try and get to a tutorial on two good methods I know of for adding fingers to meshes that don't have them soon as well I'll try and put up one on how to add and control bipeds for additional limbs.

ghazkul

Can I ask, is there anyway to make the Superior mesh always walk on his spider legs?

John Jr.

Impressive work. Looks you covered all things Spidey here.
Congrats!

SickAlice

Thanks both and no ghazkul. The spider-legs are assigned to arm bones. I'm not certain why that effect would be wanted. In the comics he almost always only pulls them out either when fighting or leaping (but not web slinging hence why I didn't have them come out in air). I based how the keys would look by going through my collection and matching them up to what was on panel in the books. Normally I wouldn't jumping on the variant request for the futz of it but that would be too huge an undertaking and in the end it wouldn't look right anyways.

Added Zombie Spider-man.

SickAlice

spydermann93

THEY'RE FINALLY HERE!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!

There are a LOT more than I thought you'd be releasing, SA! YAAAAY!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SickAlice

More than I thought and thanks. What ended up happening is I took into account this was a different bodytype than the norm so I should try and fill it with as much as possible to make it more convenient/versatile for anyone that chooses to work with it. I think I accounted for pretty much everything or at what I didn't here will be taken care of in upcoming releases.

daglob

Ahh. There go a lot of things off my list...