News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Speaking of Young Justice

Started by Tomato, June 01, 2014, 12:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So, with all the talk of Young Justice lately (here and elsewhere) I've recently decided to pull out my YJ collection again. It's true that I won't ever be able to make every single character with a JL/YJ designation(my original goal before the line died), but my focus has narrowed a bit this time around. How much though... that's where I'm looking for input.

First and foremost, the team itself. I've already decided to narrow my focus only to the members shown in Season 1 (I was tempted to include later members, like Wonder Girl I or Tempest, but decided against it.) but even that's causing me some issues. For instance... Do I display Speedy (which Mattel made a figure for) or do I put the work into doing him as Red Arrow? It seems like a silly distinction, but since I'm displaying him alongside Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad, doing Red Arrow (Who fits more alongside Tempest, Troia, and Nightwing) seems... out of place. He fits better in the League, I think. But he was predominately in the show and on the team as RA, so... I'm waffling. Definitely doing Rocket and Zatanna though.

Anyway, speaking of which... the League. Much like I've given up on trying to do ever single member of the team, doing the 21 members of the season 1 Justice League is also outside my capabilities. But I don't want to ignore them entirely... the League plays a huge role in the YJ story, and they're often as important a part of the show as the team is.

My current plan is to include the mentors for the individual team members (still shakey on what to do with Artemis and Roy, might just put GA between them) as well as the league members most tied to the team itself (Red Tornado, Black Canary, Captain Marvel). I'm still charting things out though, so if anyone has a case to make for another character, I'd love to hear it.

Podmark

Well when Roy actually joined The Team (they never did get a proper name did they?) he was Red Arrow. Actually wasn't he only Speedy for one or two episodes (and then again for one or two episodes). He really should be RA, but I emphasize with the available toys issue.

Also wasn't Roy a League member for all of 30 seconds? I'm unclear if he rejoined in season 2.

As for the League I'd stick to the ones that were used significantly: Batman, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Captain Marvel...who else got a big role?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Zatarra/Dr. Fate, and Superman I'd say also contributed to a fair number of stories throughout, and there were snippets with the other mentors as well (MM was involved in the dark scenario, Aquaman gave Kaldur that advice in the Atlantis episode, and Flash had Wally's bday party) which is why I opted to include them... that and the fact that I have most of them anyway (the only ones I don't have are Dr. Fate, Superman, Icon, and Green Arrow) so I might as well.

For Roy... I suppose my real issue (beyond just not wanting to have to make one) is that there's still that fanboy in me that looks at YJ like... I have Kid Flash, Aqualad and Robin, now where's Speedy and Wonder Girl? I've been going back and forth on whether to do Donna anyway (She joins the team between S1 and S2, designation b12) for many of the same reason that I want to leave Roy as Speedy. It doesn't hurt that I have Red Arrow over on my Titans shelf already.