News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A different type of skinning

Started by Kommando, April 14, 2024, 05:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kommando

Hey there. So I'm doing some stuff with AI on my computer, including work with Stable Diffusion. A while back, I came across a piece of software called StableProjectors which can use Stable Diffusion models to generate textures onto obj models. This is not as easy as it sounds, especially using a 20 year old mesh. But I'm having fun with it, and I am using my own Stable Diffusion 1.5 model that I mixed. I chose Hulk as one of my subjects because I found the male hulking brute mesh, and it was one piece without any extras, so it makes a good test subject. I am mostly using inpainting to try and get the seams to line up. I probably need to find a program for painting 3D objects for some detail work, but at the moment, this is a neat experiment.

Randomdays

Looks very nice indeed. and the final will still run in game?

Kommando

It's just a skin, so there should be no problem. I'm working with pngs at the moment, but once I am done I'll make it a tga file.

John Jr.

It's looking great, Kommando. It's nice to see people making experiments with good old FF.
Good luck!

BentonGrey

Wow!  That's fascinating, Kommando!  What a neat discovery, and it looks great!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Kommando

I've made quite a bit of progress tonight though I still have quite a bit to do, including pants.

Randomdays

Looks great, but who stole my purple shorts?

style

Just when I thought I crossed a threshold in skinning I see this! :roll:  :eek2: I LOVE THIS SUCH POTENTIAL! :wub:

The Ultimate Fan!

deanjo2000

I'm looking forward to seeing the end result :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Kommando

I started working on pants along with a random guy to go with them.

Kommando

Convincing the AI to draw things like a belt is not easy. But it's coming along.

Randomdays

Awesome work...it could open up new ways to do things

But Hulk wants to know, why he gets pants? Hulk no get pants!

Kommando

I spent the evening working on Hulk's head. I had to do some trickery including taking the skin into Easy Diffusion so I could inpaint ears. I also remade the face partially to line up with the wireframe better. The skin is mostly passable but I still have to do his hands and then some cleanup work before I apply the pants.

Kommando

Quote from: Randomdays on April 16, 2024, 05:14:28 PMAwesome work...it could open up new ways to do things

Yeah, there's a lot I could do with it. Here's something I did quickly as an example.

style

Wish you could've done a video tutorial on how you've done all this, this is next level Amazing!
The Ultimate Fan!

Kommando

Quote from: style on April 17, 2024, 06:06:43 PMWish you could've done a video tutorial on how you've done all this, this is next level Amazing!

I'm using software that has only existed for a couple of months. :D Though I think others might have tutorials. This is what I am using. Though I used this to make the ears and fix the face a bit. However, I also have my own custom mixed Stable Diffusion 1.5 models that I am using. I usually make images like this:

Or you could click the link to my DeviantArt account in my profile. All my images are SFW.

BentonGrey

"I just want some pants, a decent pair of pants!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQEAiZJMco

That's really showing off the flexibility of this system.  That's really cool.  It's really rather incredible.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Kommando

I still have a lot to do, but I managed to fix some seams, I fixed up his arms a bit, and I started giving him a semblance of hands. I still have quite a bit to fix up before I can dress him, but I got a lot done.

This is what the skin currently looks like. You can see all the flaws. The inner fingers look weird because I drew a reference to try and get the AI to make fingers. :D I've had to do a few manual edits here and there.

Kommando

So it turns out that I didn't save my last edit of Big Guy, so I did some more. The skin is a bit off, but I almost have the pant seams lined up properly. This version doesn't have a belt, so it shouldn't look too bad when I tint it purple.

Kommando

I'm getting closer. Hulk has pants now.

Kommando

I have a functionally working skin now. I could still do a lot of work on it, but it's good enough to put in game. I need some better skills either with AI or as an artist before I tackle his hands. Heh. Though I will probably revisit them, or try and make new hands on another texture.

I have no idea what to do about hosting files. Is anyone here on the Discord?

Anyhow, StableProjectorz has another neat trick. I can use it to make fancy screenshots. The image in the red box is the background image. The program can paint models by first painting a background, and then using image to image to generate the texture on the body. You can adjust contrast, brightness, hue, and saturation to try and get it to match up. Sometimes you get lucky. But you can also use it to make cool background images. Note the prompt in the upper left. I added the alley just for this screenshot.

Kommando

And then I spent another hour fixing the hands as much as I could.