Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Dean's stuff.

Started by dean2000, June 06, 2014, 02:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanjo2000

Great suggestions,ill probably do that :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

laughing paradox

Fantastic work on this latest skin. Very impressive!

Podmark

Wow that is beyond cool! Great design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Professor stem is amazing. Loving all of your originals  :thumbup:

daglob

Professor Stem is hilarious. Maybe partner him with Valandar's Steambot?

Need to go home and read some Girl Genius...

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on September 02, 2014, 10:51:55 PM
Professor Stem is hilarious. Maybe partner him with Valandar's Steambot?

Need to go home and read some Girl Genius...

That. is. GENIUS!!!

deanjo2000

This is a wip and i dont think he's been skinned before?
Bravestarr.

Still needs a couple more things skoping and skinned i wasnt too happy how he was coming out but hes at a place where i feel comfortable with him.

jeremy355

style

I love this!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: was at one time working on a skope for him and his side kick Horse
The Ultimate Fan!

ghazkul

detourne_me

Awesome!
Let's see if I can remember...
Sight of an eagle!
Speed of a lion!
Strength of a grizzly!

John Jr.

I'm impressed with your original characters and your skinning style. Great designs and colors.
Great work!

daglob

Hey! Another one off my list :) !

Looks GREAT!

deanjo2000

Ive done sledge (finding good pics of this guy is hard)

Just realized ive missed off his kneepads :doh:

Cyber Burn

I can't say that I know the Character, but I can say that he does look great, especially the face. Very well done Deanjo.

AnarchistsXe

Does anyone else have Captain Pollution show up with patches of white on his head? Mine is missing big chunks of the color.

laughing paradox

Nice work on Sledge and Bravestarr.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AnarchistsXe on September 17, 2014, 03:47:44 PM
Does anyone else have Captain Pollution show up with patches of white on his head? Mine is missing big chunks of the color.

If I'm looking at the Skope right, then I would have to say that the Standard Skin folder is missing a "Male_Heavy_Lightmap.tga" file. You should be able to find another Mesh with that specific file and copy and paste it into your Standard Skin folder. That should fix your problem.

AnarchistsXe

windblown

I don't know the characters, but the skins look fantastic :)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AnarchistsXe on September 18, 2014, 02:49:43 AM
Tried that. No change :(

If no one is able to help you before the weekend, I'll try to figure it out with you. In the meantime though, unless others are having this issue, we'll take this conversation to PM to avoid threadjacking Deanjo's awesome work.

spydermann93

I'll check this out when I get home.  Teachers have eyes like hawks :P

spydermann93

To fix this, just copy the "male_basic_refl" and "male_basic_glow" files and rename them "hair_refl" and "hair_glow" respectively, and the issue should be fixed :)

AnarchistsXe

PM me guys. Tried the fixes and still having it. Feel free to delete my messages from this thread

hoss20

I'll try to make this the last post on this issue, out of respect for Deanjo. Both fixes suggested are necessary to fix the problem, but the problem was that Cyber's initial suggestion, though correct, didn't cover both parts of the hair. The male_heavy_lightmap file is for the bangs, but after viewing the skope in Nifskope, I see that the lightmap file for the other hair piece should be named merely lightmap.tga. So, you will end up with a total of three lightmap files. You can just copy the male_basic_lightmap file (which is needed) that came with the skin and remove the "male_basic" part. This along with adding the hair_refl and hair_glow files should fix the problem.

Edit: Actually, on top of all of the hints, it appears the major culprit is that the default art file seen in Nifskope for the hair pieces in question is a dds file (hair.dds, while the art file in the skin folder is hair.tga). AnarchistsXe, PM me your email and I'll send you either a fixed skope and skin or if you have all of the other files in place, I can send you the dds file, if you don't have access to a tga to dds converter. I double checked and having the hair.dds file in there, along with the other missing files, does the trick.

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on September 19, 2014, 05:47:28 AM
I'll try to make this the last post on this issue, out of respect for Deanjo. Both fixes suggested are necessary to fix the problem, but the problem was that Cyber's initial suggestion, though correct, didn't cover both parts of the hair. The male_heavy_lightmap file is for the bangs, but after viewing the skope in Nifskope, I see that the lightmap file for the other hair piece should be named merely lightmap.tga. So, you will end up with a total of three lightmap files. You can just copy the male_basic_lightmap file (which is needed) that came with the skin and remove the "male_basic" part. This along with adding the hair_refl and hair_glow files should fix the problem.

Edit: Actually, on top of all of the hints, it appears the major culprit is that the default art file seen in Nifskope for the hair pieces in question is a dds file (hair.dds, while the art file in the skin folder is hair.tga). AnarchistsXe, PM me your email and I'll send you either a fixed skope and skin or if you have all of the other files in place, I can send you the dds file, if you don't have access to a tga to dds converter. I double checked and having the hair.dds file in there, along with the other missing files, does the trick.

Since I've already fixed it for AnarchistsXe, I figured that I'd posted the "fixed" versions here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/59vnn5pmw2lxpl6/Captain_Planet_and_Pollution.zip

Captain Pollution also needed some hair bits hidden (Captain Planet's hair was showing up, and it didn't match Dean's preview pics), so I went ahead and did that as well.

AnarchistsXe

May I say fine work by all :)

deanjo2000

Aww man thanks for sorting this< ive only just seen it and you've saved me some time lol

deanjo2000

Did this for the halloween challenge, its "pumpkinhead" or "jack'o'ween"? not sure on his name yet :thumbup:

UnkoMan

I just wanted to pop in and say these are sooo good to look at. I love them. Yes yes yes.