News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tre's Skins Thread!

Started by trebean, June 09, 2014, 09:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebean

Minor Edits on AA's Bizarro Returns Skope

For some reason, the ears turn black, no idea why.

Still have to alter some stuff like the belt, since I'm not really skilled at skoping his hair isn't there and the belt's all wrong, so I'm just posting this for now to look for anyone interested on reskoping the belt and skoping on the hair

hoss20

The ears are separate pieces and are located in the cape.tga art file, not male_basic. My guess is that you skinned the cape and filled in or left the background black, so where the mapping location for the ears is on the art file is now showing black. If you still have AA's original standard skin available, you can see where he skinned the ears.

Since you're new to skoping (and welcome aboard, by the way), an easy way to see where the skins are for mesh pieces is to, first, click on the piece. On the left hand side, you will now see the Editable Mesh line of the piece you selected as being highlighted. Click the arrow on that line next to NiTriShape. Now click on the arrow next to NiTexturingProperty. You will then see the art file(s) associated with the piece you are trying to skin.

trebean

Original Skin by Sick Alice
I made a edits on Sick Alice's skope, yeah I know the original skope had cuffs and those booth thingies but they kinda go over parts of the coat which annoyed me so I just hid them. Anywau I tried mimicking AA's style but I had no idea how he does those small highlights so I Macguyvered something with Gimp, I'm still practicing how to skin hair (As shown by those featireless sideburns, I just added some highlights to the oeiginal hair and made it more orangey light) I'm still planning on figuring out how to add detail to the rangs' since I mostly just guess which goes which on the skin files.
I'm planning on reskinning Tommyboy's Pied Piper next and make a New 52 Mirror Master Skin, I 'm also interested on doing the other Rouges but I'm still a dunce at skoping so unless anyone is interested on skoping on a hoodie on Ice Man and long hair on Weather Wizard don't expect them soon. (I'm still looking for suitable meshes for Heatwave)..... and finally anyone have any idea of a suitable mesh for Trickster? There aren't really that much baggy clothes wearing gloved, mohawked skope.

SickAlice

Very nice looking! Working on a modern Captain Cold here. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I love The Rogues.

New jacket? I reskinned Ink's Gambit jacket for something else. I agree about that piece falls into the mesh. What it needs is to be re-weighted to male basic. Personally I can do that easily, though releasing it will take awhile if someone wants to beat me to the punch? For the hair I just use sample texture hair then deform it to match the wireframe. I know the long technique but feel a better look comes from using actual hair samples personally, and it saves time.

Cyber Burn

In all honesty, when I was Skinning, I would use pictures of real hair rather than try to Skin it. The results were always better than my measly attempt to actually Skin the hair.

trebean

For the hair, I'm actually using Murs' tut here to guide me  :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKqmc8fMPI

Can't wait for you Modern Capt Cold

SickAlice

Nothing wrong with using tricks nor shameful. Myself I understand fully how to make rendered hair. I also have more than tools and plugins for doing it. Personally though I try and weigh my own artistic integrity over the fact that other people will be looking at these and using them in game so I tend to choose the method that makes the best looking final result. Lately I almost always re-use the same hair bit since I think it comes out nicely in the end result, and again frees up time for me to focus on other things.

SickAlice

K. I put a rush on New 52 Captain Cold. He's up now in my DC page.

daglob

Most graphics programs are full of "tricks" that you can use to make things easier or better.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on June 23, 2014, 10:53:10 PM
Most graphics programs are full of "tricks" that you can use to make things easier or better.

If I remember correctly, GIMP has quite a few Plug-ins that will expand the available tools quite a bit.

trebean

A reskin over AA's Quicksilver Skope
bases used C6's Male costume Base

also I just realized that Tomato released some bases so I decided to layer it over Capt Boomerang

trebean

Slightly unfinished Nu52 Mirror Master

bases used, Tomato's Highlights and C6's Male Basic.

Also updated Max's face, the original was actually AA's 80's Magneto

BentonGrey

Hey, Flash Rogues!  Very cool!  I like that Boomerang and that Mirror Master especially.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

trebean

Finally finished Mirror Master  :lol:
I was stumped for a while on how to regulate the refl rate

laughing paradox

Nice work here.

I really like how Max Mercury came out.

trebean

Anyone wants to skope/mesh the modern New 52 Rogues?
Particularly Trickster, always liked this guy

Finally got my PC fixed so I'm trying to redo the stuff I lost and finally finish the core Rogues team.

trebean

As so you've heard on my previous posts, my PC recently got upgraded but at the cost of me stupidly losing my external drive which had my skins, I'm currently remaking some of them and uploading them on my Yahoo Group

Anyway, cutting the jibber jabber, here's Nu52 Mirror Master! Again! (I'm just using Nif Skope to view the skin since my game copy is still not installed, so you can't see the Reflect Effect), I used C6's Male_Costume and Tomato's Male_Base and used Detourne_Me's skin as a skinmap, I'm trying to make my own highlights but I don't think they're much noticable since I still used Tomato's base. The Mesh used is Gren's JM_Challenger_Gren slimmed down and with all the non Mirror Master related stuff hidden.

Get him on my Yahoo Group! (Conveniently being posted sometime now on the release section minutes after this)
Next up, I'm gonna go and get Nu52 Captain Boomerang up tomorrow, and if things go fast enough, maybe even Nu52 Captain Cold

Cyber Burn

Very good showing for your first release, I've actually been thinking of re-designing the Rogue's Gallery, so this grabbed my interest, I'm also a HUGE Flash fan, so anything Flash related is going to make me happy.

A couple of things:

In your "Skins" folder for the Character, you're missing the "Standard" Skin.

In the folder that your Skin is in, you're missing the "Male_Basic_Lightmap" TGA file.

Also, the actual Skope you released still has the Belt on it, I'm not too familiar with the new 52 Mirror Master, but after looking him up, it looks like maybe you wanted to hide the Belt.

Otherwise, like I said, a good showing for your first release, and I look forward to seeing more.

trebean

Thanks!
Fixed that little problem, reuploaded it back on the group.

Anyways, I know I said I'd try to get Capt Boomerang up today, but I kinda started on someone else. Who?
Well, it Simon Belmont

This excellent skope is made by Cyber Burn, bases used here are Murs', Tom's, and C6's
Still incomplete, but expect the uploaded some hours from now.

trebean

Haven't skinned in a while but here's my attempt at Blue Beetle III, been trying to get better at highlights (All the facial highlights and features were done by me, along with the Misc Highlights, the body highlights are from Tomato's base skins)

Should be uploaded in my group as soon as I post this

EDIT:
No idea how the preview pic came out blurry, kinda a bit hard to look at.

detourne_me

He looks great! I love the reflection on him.

windblown

Very nice skin, trebean. It looks great.

laughing paradox

Blue Beetle looks really cool!

trebean

Haven't done a skin in a while, here's Boomerang, based off his Superior Foes look. The mesh is Sick Alice'. I hope LP doesn't mind but the boomerang textures is from his Captain Boomerang Skin.

He's already on my Yahoo Group.

After this, I'm either thinking of doing the new Beetle or El Diablo. I've been really into Villain Books lately after someone introduced me to the New Suicide Squad book and Superior Foes

BentonGrey

Hey, those are quite nice.  I really like that Beetle skin.  Good work Tre!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

That looks great. I really liked that costume.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

OrWolvie1

detourne_me

windblown

That's a very nice skin trebean, I like the smirk.