The Rumors are True! (serious you guys)

Started by B A D, June 26, 2014, 01:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapow Lives

So...City of Titans.

I can say this now publicly. I've been writing content for the game. Scripting missions and contributing to Titan City's story bible.

This game is going to be good guys. It's going to fill the whole CoH left for you I think.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Zapow Lives on September 25, 2016, 12:12:37 AM
So...City of Titans.

I can say this now publicly. I've been writing content for the game. Scripting missions and contributing to Titan City's story bible.

This game is going to be good guys. It's going to fill the whole CoH left for you I think.

Yeah, I saw the announcement about the comic series you are writing for them.  Should be good.

It looks like the costume designer is rapidly coming together and the various scattered elements are beginning to come together.  Yes, it has no playable public build yet but that is because they seemed to be trying to get all the elements just perfect before even trying to make a playable game.  I thing when the builds do come out publicly they will be impressive indeed.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Zapow Lives

Yes, I stepped away from actively working on game content after more than two years to focus on the webcomic we're creating. I did slip in more than a few Freedom Reborn easter eggs into the game.

I won't go into too much detail but I will say that Titan City will be a vibrant place deep with backstory and its own vibe. After playing CoH from before its launch to its end, I can say with confidence players will find it not only comparable but in many ways superior. 

spydermann93

That's really exciting.

I'm guessing it will be subscription based just like CoH and CoV were?

Zapow Lives

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 25, 2016, 02:42:43 PM
That's really exciting.

I'm guessing it will be subscription based just like CoH and CoV were?

Yes, a subscription. The free to play model with pay for DLC isn't something CoT in doing. Yes, there will be custom content that you can buy but none of it will give the player an advantage or allow them to do something someone else can't without paying. Cosmetic stuff only.

spydermann93

yeah, that's pretty much what I expected.

I really can't wait for this game to come out. CoH was easily my favorite MMO and nothing I've played since has really captured me in the same way.

MikeB7

Zapow

[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

spydermann93

Tortuga

Stopman

"The new EAT is a Stalker/Controller mix!!"

catwhowalksbyhimself

Heard of it sure.  My money is (quite literally) on City of Titans though.  I REALLY like some of the innovations it's come up with and the costume tech is something else. Totally control over body shape and size, assymetrical costumes, total control over what animations go with the power and where it comes from.  It's going to be amazing.

spydermann93

I saw that they added dynamically moving hair

EDIT: I am very excited about the game (CoT). It looks very well thought out. All I can really hope for is a bit more dynamic missions. If they have that, and some fun power combos, I'll be a very happy camper.

MikeB7

I happen to swing by the board tonight and I see Eph online and I wanna start a TF and ask what he's listening to.

EDIT:  And Cat online too! Heya! You up for an ITF?   :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: MikeB7 on August 05, 2018, 03:54:18 AM
I happen to swing by the board tonight and I see Eph online and I wanna start a TF and ask what he's listening to.

EDIT:  And Cat online too! Heya! You up for an ITF?   :thumbup:

I wish.  Those were good times.  Not that these aren't also good time, but different.  I do miss those days, though.

Ephemeris