News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Cinematic Universe mod?

Started by KevinKlawitter, July 05, 2014, 04:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinKlawitter

I feel bad suggesting this because A) I'm so late to joining this forum, despite being a FF fan since the beginning, and B) I know nothing about coding or game design, but has anybody ever made or considered making a Freedom Force mod about the Marvel Cinematic Universe?  It seems like a natural fit.  The characters are well-defined, the stories relatively straightforward, and it could even be released serially or in installments (movie-by-movie, Phase 1, Phase 2, etc.)

Of course, it would also require a bit of character, stage, and sound design, but I think it'd be a hit, and could be used to introduce a new group of fans to Freedom Force if we spread it around MCU websites or facebook pages.  So much as I can, I'd certainly help with scripting or design or whatever.

trebean

That would because of lack of maps, skins, or meshes resembling them. I guess those can easily be hurdled by just settling on the next best thing resembling it.

I guess I see how it could work, but in most cases in movies like Thor or Iron Man 3 where the action are tediously held off until the end (Before someone says "BUT TRE, IM 3 did have action scenes before the end!" I'm mostly referring to Action Scenes with the suit..... and I guess yeah Thor had a pretty decent opening fight)

More or less we'll just be watching FFied versions of scenes from the movie until that two or three action scenes.

But that's just my opinion,  and youre welcome to disagree with it.

spydermann93

Firstly, welcome to Freedom Reborn, Kevin!

Secondly, this is a very interesting proposal, and I can definitely see this getting some interest, but it would take quite a bit of work and most of the modders on this site are dealing with personal projects as of right now.  If I may, there are two, really good Marvel mods out there that "fit" the MCU in protagonists (not the same stories, though) that you should definitely check out:

1. Marvel Adventures - Your one-stop-shop for all things Marvel! Every hero that has been done by Marvel Studios (Captain America, Thor, Iron-Man, the Avengers) and Fox (the X-Men) has their own storyline and campaign for players to run through.  Created by the fantastic Mr. Benton Grey.  Try not to have too much fun with this one (but you probably will :P )!
2. Captain America: Legacy - This is a mod made by the heroic John Jr. that follows Steve Rogers, James "Bucky" Barnes, and Jeffery Mace (the other Captain America) through World War II and beyond!  The mod is pretty much what you'd expect from the words "Captain America" and "Legacy". :P  The the title doesn't say is that the mod is really well-done! :cool:

Cyber Burn

Welcome to Freedom Reborn Kevin.

As Spyder said, conceptually, this is a great idea, I just don't know if it would be feasible with the limited amount of content creators who are currently active.

Also, I have to agree with Spyder's Mod suggestions. Both are extremely well done, and absolutely worth playing through.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the plugs, guys! 

Welcome to the forums KK!  I'm glad you've found us!  There is an incredible amount of awesome stuff to be found here, so make yourself at home.  If you're really interested in seeing a Marvel Cinematic Universe mod, I will give you the same advice that one of our elder statesmen modders once gave me, try your hand at modding!  It's more than a little demanding, but it's hugely rewarding.  You don't have to know how to code these days, thanks to EZScript (you'll find FAQs about it in the Help file in your FFX 3.0 folder and I have some tutorials on my site.), and if I can do it, anyone can do it! :D  I started modding because I really wanted to have all of my DC 'toys' in one place, all balanced against each other and built in, and stories just grew from that little project, spiraling out of control into the massive, sprawling supermod that is the DC Universe According to Grey.

As for my Marvel mods, I'm actually working on an update at the moment, so if you do download them, keep your eyes open for an expansion soon.  I'm going to be adding some X-Men missions and perhaps a few new campaigns.  If you're a fan of the Marvel Universe, especially the classic comics, you might enjoy that little project.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/