News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Coming Soon

Started by JeyNyce, July 11, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Looks like Harley is getting her own line in Oct.  It's base on the comic series.  I'm interested

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/11/harley-quinn-action-figure-line-revealed/

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Podmark

Those are pretty sweet. I love the Beyond set.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Yeah, for anyone here who's not aware, we're probably going to be getting an onslaught of toy news over the next week or so... Toy Fair 2016 is the 13-16, so we're starting to see toy companies put out promotional images prior to the convention. Jey's posted some of the highlights, but DCC also posted pics of the upcoming "Icon" waves, as well as a ton of figures based on the DCEU. I wasn't really impressed with the movie based figures (it makes me vomit a bit to say this, but I liked Mattel's figures better) but the Icons figures looked spiffy. I'm personally looking forward to the Cyborg (I'd like to customize my early n52 Cyborg into Grid once I get the sleeker version) but some of the others look nice as well.

That said, I'm mainly looking forward to finding out who the last DC Multiverse BvS figure is, see what Civil War figures are coming (wave 1 of the Legends line was a total disappointment) and generally what's coming down the pipeline.

JeyNyce

Tomato

Oh, hey, some new stuff was in there. Happy to see S4 Arrow in there (I was wondering about that one) though I'm not sold on it being in a 2 pack with unmasked Barry. Still no Supergirl though... *sigh*

bat1987

Oh wow, they made a Capullo wave where i skip everything. Dont want Gorbat but i admit he has his place in the line. 3 jlers though.....my predictions came through. Gl wasnt even in the darn story, just the cover.
That batgirl on a bike from icons is one of the best looking figures in a while. Would make a killer display piece.
The movie figures look great. Except Superman, wth went wrong there...

Tomato

The Madness begins!

So right now I've only really seen Lego and DCC come out on the superhero front (I'm still combing through stuff) but a few highlights for me are:

Lego Scarlet Spider (Scarlet Spider anything makes me happy. Never understood why, but I love that design)
Justice League Icons 7 pack (it's the n52 league, but the figures are far superior to the n52 figures I have, so I might still pick it up)
DCC Arkham Series Batgirl/Oracle 2 pack (Really!?! this AFTER I sold my collection!?! GRAH!)
A better look at the Arrow/Flash 2 pack (which comes with swappable heads so I'm considering it more now)
Lego Killer Croc, Red Hood, Killer Moth(!), and Deadshot
TMNT Karai figure (Not big on TMNT stuff, but the lack of this character from the nick show bugged the hell out of me. You'll make a toy for a villain in one episode, but neglect a major recurring character?)

Still waiting on the Hasbro and Mattel offerings (Though Hasbro already disappointed me with the first Civil War Legends wave) which will hopefully go up soon.

JeyNyce

I know a Spider-Gwen figure is suppose to be coming out soon.  I'm looking forward to that.

Tomato

The Marvel Legends one is already out. See reviews here and here.

Edit: So we're still waiting for pictures, but there's more hope for me on the ML Civil War front. Wave 1 will be more or less a bust (Black Panther is the only character I want) but Wave 2 apparently has Scarlet Witch.

Edit again: Falcon and Winter Soldier Wal Mart exclusives...

Tomato

Podmark

Thanks for the links guys. Some really cool stuff coming up.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Tomato

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/14/toy-fair-2016-mattel-dc-comics-figures-195137 -F@#$ YES MATTEL! SUPERGIRL!!!

No, seriously, this is amazing. Even DCC, for all the absurd amounts of Arrowverse junk, couldn't be bothered to put her out yet. I am sliiiightly disappointed that Harley isn't getting a first wave figure (more because it's a snub on the character then ANY desire to own that design), but that might be a good thing since I highly doubt we would be getting Killer Croc and Katana ahead of her if that were all we were getting.

Overall... I'm happy with what's here. There are a few easy snubs, but most of my issues are easy fixes (AQUAMAN'S PANTS ARE GREEN GOSH DARNIT!) with a bit of paint and spare parts. I'm a biiiit disappointed that it looks like I'm going back to 6" scale for good, but... eh. That's a decision for post move.

bat1987

TAS Harvey Bullock with half eaten donut accessory? Pure gold. And wow they really nailed Grant Gustin's likeness with that 2 pack figure.
While Gorbat doesn't fit in the armored suit, once you remove the helmet you can actually see him inside of it. I think it's a nice compromise, and the pack seems like a good value for 50$.
Also nice to see Marvel Legends Miles with a proper body build.

Also, all the galleries in one place
http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/15/toy-fair-2016-links-full-story-coverage-195873

Tomato

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=19904 -Official images of exclusive ML figures, Including MCU Falcon, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Iron Man Mark 27, Sam Wilson Cap, and Hawkeye II

Tomato

At work so no links, but Hasbro officially unveiled Jessica Jones and Punisher figures from the MCU/Netflix series. And the collector in me is conflicted.

On the one hand, I've gotten a version of every mcu character that's gotten a figure, excluding Spider Man because I'll wait for his solo film. And I do want several Netflix heroes... Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist... and even though I'm a sucker for superhero costumes, I'll take a plain clothes Jessica Jones.

But Punisher... mehhhhhhhhhhh. On the one hand, I did like the Netflix version of the character more than I usually do... but on the other, I have such a visceral hatred of everything the character stands for. And at $20+ a pop, I dunno if I can justify getting a punisher, even one from the mcu.

bat1987

Quote from: Tomato on July 22, 2016, 07:25:13 PM
At work so no links, but Hasbro officially unveiled Jessica Jones and Punisher figures from the MCU/Netflix series. And the collector in me is conflicted.

Ya I've seen them, they look great, Punisher sculpt is pretty spot on. Some pretty cool Marvel stuff this SDCC. DST's Doctor strange looks fantastic

Really liking the DC Icons Rebirth Batman as well
http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/20/sdcc-2016-dc-collectibles-dc-icons-211370

Really has me considering getting into the icons line, that Batgirl of burnside figure with bike looks fantastic, and that upcoming Damian Wayne figure that was on display but couldn't be photographed, all sound great. Would still keep my 7 inch collection, but might have to make additional shelf for these guys.

Tomato

NYCC has officially begun!

So at the moment stuff is still circulating around various websites, but on my end some figures of note are: Figuarts Yamcha and Tien, and the Marvel Legends Shocker and Sandman BAF.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Sandman... Definitely be displaying him with the normal head, but I'm sorely tempted to also get the SDCC sand form version for more normal arms. This wave in general is hit or miss for me... on the one hand, Green Goblin is fantastic and serves my needs perfectly. On the other, I have no use for half the figures... I hate the Jackal despite his getting a decent figure, I prefer 2099 Spidey's original duds, and while I like Spider-UK, I would have preferred a Spider-India. There's also a lot of maybes in there... I'm usually a "Yes" or "No" type of person (I have lists that I keep to to avoid going overboard) but I kind of want Black-suit Spider-Man just to have for photos, I kind of want Ms Marvel because I want to encourage her appearance in other forms of media, and I might cave on Spider-UK both for the BAF piece, and because I do like the character, even if I don't have any use for him.

I haven't seen much on the DC side, but honestly... DC has kind of burned their bridges with me lately, so I haven't been looking that hard either.