News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

That Tomato guy's Thread

Started by Tomato, July 11, 2014, 12:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Yeah yeah, you all knew it was coming. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of some reorganizing right now, so I don't have everything ready for a full breakdown yet. Still, I'll show off a bit of what I have, and just ask that you pardon the mess for the time being.

-this is the whole bookshelf, as it currently stands. I've got to do some "repairs" to a few places (a few of my Harley Quinns decided to commit suicide and they somehow managed to take the Young Justice AND Titans shelves with them on the way down) but the big thing right now is filling up space... I recently opted to replace my Marvel Universe shelves with Minimates, but I don't have more than a handful of minimates yet, so there are a LOT of empty shelves right now.

-Ahhh, my Batmobiles. I wanted to show these off awhile ago (when I made that youtube video) but because of the size of the things I really can't put them on my main shelf. I had been keeping them in a corner of my room so I wouldn't step on them, but I recently got a brand new computer desk, and it'll suffice until I find a more permanent solution.

-Justice League. You'll notice a few changes since I showed them off last... I added back in the DCUC figures (Mainly to mirror the Morrison CSA, but admittedly I kinda missed having legitimate pre-n52 versions on my shelf), and I did finally cave and replace the STAS Aquaman with the JLU version. Before Benton kills me, in my defence, all three other figures there are Orange/Green and I wouldn't be using that one if this one wasn't nigh-unobtainable or the STAS one wasn't a full head shorter

Podmark

I am so very jealous!
What do you do with your figures when you move them off the shelf? Like the Marvel Universe ones you mention. Is there a back up shelf or a toy box with all your rejected figures?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Depends. For larger/more durable figures, I mostly take them to my parents house and give them to my adopted brother. I don't really trust him with all my Marvel Universe figures yet (I'd rather keep them in storage for now) but he enjoys it when I give him new toys to play with. And if I do decide to pull stuff back out, I can just go pick them back up.

bat1987

Very very cool. Love the way you organized various incarnations of the characters!
Also love how Deadpool is with Batman and Superman on the movie shelf, lol.

Did you get any of the new 52 CSA?

JeyNyce

Looking at your Batmobiles makes me want to go back to my parents house and get mine from TAS.  I forgot that I still had it
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

Quote from: bat1987 on July 11, 2014, 09:42:45 AM
Very very cool. Love the way you organized various incarnations of the characters!
Also love how Deadpool is with Batman and Superman on the movie shelf, lol.

Did you get any of the new 52 CSA?

Not yet. I definitely want them, but I'm still recovering from my trip to Trotcon a few weeks ago. I'm probably going to worry about the Justice Lords figures first... they're a bit more expensive.

Quote from: JeyNyce on July 11, 2014, 02:55:34 PM
Looking at your Batmobiles makes me want to go back to my parents house and get mine from TAS.  I forgot that I still had it

You should. That thing's worth some good money now too, even out of package.

Deaths Jester

Gawds...now we have a section where you blokes who waste money on action figures can show their crap off?!?!?!  Ach...give me your money so I can use ti for what's right in the world...BOOZE!!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Deaths Jester on July 24, 2014, 03:06:13 PM
Gawds...now we have a section where you blokes who waste money on action figures can show their crap off?!?!?!  Ach...give me your money so I can use ti for what's right in the world...BOOZE!!!!

Well if you still have the bottles, you can post your collection, LOL!

Deaths Jester

Quote from: JeyNyce on July 24, 2014, 05:28:46 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on July 24, 2014, 03:06:13 PM

Well if you still have the bottles, you can post your collection, LOL!

No...I turn my bottles in for cash to buy more booze...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

Got the new custom figures in. I'm debating what to do about the custom Polaris... Eventually I'll probably break down and pull the Marvel Universe figs back out for the X-men shelves, but for right now she's bumming with the Justice League movie figures (no pics atm, sorry) until I get the DCC Arrow figure to help bolster their ranks.

I also took some new pics of the JLA shelf... I've included both Aquamen, just so I can showcase my issue with the Classic version. I'm debating asking for advice from some of my JLU custom friends, but we'll see.

Tomato

Some new pics for the day:

-First, the original X-men, complete at last. I've decided I am going to be pulling my figures back out, but I'm thinking of making some changes to the arrangement... like having the Original X-men paired against the Original Brotherhood, for instance. Gonna take my time and wrap my head around it before pulling everyone back out though.

-Speaking of a shelf undergoing some changes, I finally got my hands on another Cyborg figure after sacrificing my first one to the JLA shelf... which means I don't have to keep artfully hiding his right arm behind Red Arrow to hide the fact that the jerk who sold me my first one sent me the wal-mart exclusive version (which has a permanent sonic cannon) despite the amazon page clearly showcasing the regular version and I'm totally not planning his murder why would you even suggest that?

Erm... anyway, what with the expansion of the JLA shelf to include the JLU animated series, I've decided to also expand the Titans shelf to include figures from the original Teen Titans cartoon... which will be especially interesting, as several characters either did not appear (GL, Supergirl) or did not have figures (Wonder Girl, Kid Flash) so... more customs I have to put together *cracks knuckles.*

And yes, for anyone wondering, that is Kaldur'am from Young Justice standing in for Garth until I have a proper replacement.

Tomato

So, as I mentioned, I opted to add the old Bandai figures to my Teen Titans collection. I'm still missing 3 I need, but I've got BB and Robin on order (leaving only Raven left to get). I'm more than a little disappointed they didn't make a Kid Flash (or Wonder Girl for that matter, though that's more forgivable since she only had a cameo) but I have to make my own Supergirl and Kyle anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

bat1987

That Titans shelf is pretty sweet. 

Kaldur'am looks fantastic! They really did a good job with young justice figures overall.

Tomato

I've been restricting my figure budget lately due to trying to get my store up and running, so I haven't had as much to post about lately... but I've been slowly working on a SSB shelf "on the cheap." Most PVC figures like this can be found pretty easily (I think the most I spend on the whole thing was $75, and that's including a whole ton of Mario figures I haven't gotten yet), and I think the most I've paid for a single character was $15 for Pikachu, and that's only because I went to TRU and got the pack with Ash (who was a bit too tall to stand in for "Pokemon Trainer" on the shelf, much to my annoyance.) I made a list of characters I'm trying to get on one of my sub-tumblrs, but a lot depends on how many of them I can find in the right scale range. I might eventually resort to 3d prints, but at the moment I'm content to just pick off the characters I can actually get.

Podmark

Those are pretty nice. I like Diddy.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

They look pretty cool. Link and Diddy are best looking IMO.

Tomato

Meh.

So since taking that photo, I intended to add a whole bunch more minifigures... I even had this giant lot of them I was hoping to use to add Peach, Luigi, Mario and Yoshi. But they're wildly out of scale (even by the loose standards of Super Smash Bros) so they're all basically unusable, except for Yoshi (who is almost as tall as Wario). I'm more than a little disappointed about that right now >.<.

On a (somewhat) more positive note:

Picked these up today at Toys R Us, and I'm very happy with what I got. There's still a part of me that's disappointed with them more or less rebooting Sonic since that leaves me having to more or less set aside the Jazwares line (which is what got me into collecting Sonic figures in the first place) but honestly... Sonic's needed a clean start for awhile, and I'd rather start fresh with the new show then have 30+ important characters that should really have figures, but that realistically no toy company can get to as quickly as I want (Ex. Jazwares had the license for years and we still never got Rouge, Cream, Gamma, Omega, Marine, Metal Knucles, etc.). In a single day I found most of the major players (and I'm only missing Sticks because my TRU didn't have her), so as long as Tomy can keep up with SEGA, I'll be happy.

bat1987

For SSB shelf, depending on how much you're willing to spend on them there are these
http://www.amazon.com/Luigi-amiibo-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00O97ZWVC/ref=pd_sim_t_2/181-8448630-2676737?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HFZY5NMDWKCE16YJY4C

They're around 13$ a piece, and I'm assuming they are gonna do the full roster. If you have the WII U though, they are gonna be more than plastic statues in that case since you use them similar to Skylanders on your WII U pad. They do look nice, not sure about the scale between the figures though.

Tomato

I've been seriously considering those, my only issues are, as you said, scale, and that it's unclear if they actually are doing the whole roster. Specifically, are we going to get third party characters, like Sonic and Mega Man (because I don't know what licensing rights there are for them). An additional sticking point for me is Waluigi, who isn't part of the "Super Smash Bros" roster, but I want him on the shelf as well.

Tomato

So I'm sure you guys knew this was coming eventually, but I think it's about time I posted photos of my Batman collection already. I've honestly meant to do this for awhile, but I'd been having horrible issues with the shelf (it was very wobbly, and the Batman figures being on the top meant at least 6 figures would be fallen over at any given time). I finally broke down and got some leveling shims to stabilize it a few weeks ago, but I still wanted to get in a few more figures before posting.

Batman Family (Nothing new here as far as I remember):

Arkham Inmates:

This one's obviously my pride and joy, and I honestly cannot tell you guys how excited I am for how complete it is right now. I'm completely done collecting the TAS and Lego lines, and with my most recent purchases (DCC AO Deadshot, DCUC Deadshot, and DCSH Killer Croc) I've also managed to collect every available figure from the DCUC and Arkham toy lines. Obviously there are still gaps I'd like to fill, and one or two figures that aren't out yet (like Arkham City Clayface) but I'm pretty happy with who I already have.

bat1987

Looks awesome! It really is nice when a shelf is complete, or the very least close to being done.

Some interesting customs there as well, good stuff.

JeyNyce

A LEGO Zsasz?  That's cool and creepy at the same time.

Tomato

Quote from: JeyNyce on November 21, 2014, 08:18:55 PM
A LEGO Zsasz?  That's cool and creepy at the same time.

And technically canon as well... true, there hasn't been an "official" Zsasz minifigure, but Zsasz himself is present in both the DS version of Lego Batman, and the portable versions of Lego Batman 2 as a boss fight.

Tomato

Apologize for the quality on this one, but my camera finally died on me (I've been having issues with it for awhile) so I had to use my phone to take a picture.

SickAlice

Sorry to hear about your camera. Lost mine last spring *sniffle*. Really swank collection though. I sometimes miss collecting and customizing and such, especially when seeing line-ups like this.

Podmark

Looks like someone's been picking up some ambios.
Nice collection Tom.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Yeah, I got most of Wave 1. Once they finally showed off wave 3 (which includes Sonic and Mega Man) that was when I finally decided to go for it. I think I'll need to wait for some other games before I can get a few other characters I want (Waluigi, Daisy) but I've been toying around with making my own if needed.

Tomato

Got my Two-Face in today. I haven't gotten it home yet(Yes, I was that impatient to post pics), so the figures here are hand-me-downs I pulled from my brother's toy bin for the shot, just to give an idea of scale.

Tomato

Oh hey, I made a new custom figure the last few days.

Cyber Burn

Nice, is this to be a Justice Lords figure?