Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy 15th Birthday, Freedom Force!

Author Topic: That Tomato guy's Thread  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
Re: That Tomato guy's Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2016, 06:49:29 PM »

So I would have had actual photos for ya'll, but I had a string of bad luck this morning, so I had to leave without taking any. In the meintime, thought I'd post an example of my raging OCD... Basically, to prevent myself from going overkill and just never stopping, I have to chart out my collections pretty heavily to establish limits to my raging insanity.

I may have posted this chart before, but eagle eyed people might notice I swapped out Agent Venom for Space Venom... Mostly because I was buying the whole SV wave anyway and it didn't make sense to then buy a separate version of the same character.

In other news, I've already started painting Black suit USM, right now I've just gotta rework the head and add the chest symbol. I'm kind of annoyed that I ran out of time to take a quick photo, it looks so good already.

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »

Need to set up my shelf for the current group shot, but here's USM as he currently stands. I'm waiting for the the sculpt to finish so I can sand down the eyes and finish painting the head, plus do some quick touch ups to the paint job, but I think he's coming along fairly nicely.

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2016, 08:55:25 PM »

Much better photo this time, not with the mask as well. I'm actually still doing touch ups there (mostly just cleaning up edges) but he's mostly done, at least until I get the logo decals.

I'm gonna finish up a few minor things and then set up the shelf again, try to take a shot of the full collection

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »

So right after taking a whole bunch of photos of the shelf, my ipad dinged, letting me know the packages containing Hammerhead and Kraven the Hunter were delivered. So I was like "welp, so much for those photos" and ran down to go pick those up before the PO closed for the day. The successive batch of photos was not great, especially since the lamp is just to the left of the frame, but... eh.

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »
That is one impressive collection of spider-characters.

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2016, 02:07:02 AM »
So after torturing myself over some of the recent (and not so recent) reveals, I finally broke down and restructured my list so as to incorporate some of the characters I had/wanted to add.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And an update to the shelf:

Yes, that is an unfinished Ricochet and a headless ML8 Green Goblin. The former will need some new pieces, and the latter's head will be stuck on a Spectacular Spider-Man body spliced with GG/Hobgoblin pieces for a Harry Osborn custom (I wanted the ML8 Goblin head since that's far closer to the classic art than the more modern Sandman wave GG). Electro is handless because I'm giving him some spare hands because the lightning ones weren't great.

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2016, 11:09:28 PM »
So today I got some new additions to my MCU shelf, and since I was taking new photos of some of my old collections anyway (recently joined a forum for DBZ figures), I snapped some pics.

Offline Previsionary

• Mr. "Girl, please..."
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »
This is cute.
My natural response to ugliness is to throw a vase, in the hopes that whatever it strikes is marred with its beauty.