News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Coming Soon

Started by JeyNyce, July 11, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Maybe there's more? They did say the reveals are happening from 19-23 and the badge was revealed on 17th. Here's hopin'.

edit: And here we go

The sculpt is good, but needs more paint details, head in particular.

Plus, there's a poll for next figure to be revealed
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/01/19/dc-collectibles-whos-our-newest-batman-the-animated-series-action-figure?adid=dchero2_Never-fear%E2%80%A6-the-answer%E2%80%99s-right-here

Not sure if Carrie and Bruce from DKR are from "legends of the Dark Knight" episode or DKR animated movie.

Tomato

Yeah, that's clearly a very early prototype. I kind of saw Scarecrow coming (Wave 5 is a TNBA heavy wave, and there are only so many solid TNBA designs left). Assuming Roxy doesn't count as part of the wave, I'm gonna say the others will be Nightwing and maybe Clayface, plus a BTAS figure... Not as positive on which because there are far more to run through.

Podmark

I'd like to see a Nightwing figure.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

They've done everyone else in the Bat-family, so doing a Nightwing figure is sort of inevitable. That said, I think I should have swapped out Mad Hatter for Clayface... it's a cheaper figure, and one of the few remaining characters that's more suited to TNBA than TAS.

bat1987

A tease from DCC for new york toy fair:

TAS Batmobile? If so that is awesome!

Tomato

hmmm... not sure if I want that or not. Honestly, I'd be happier to finally get the Arkham Knight Batmobile, but we'll see how much this costs.

In other news, DCC is making some fairly radical changes with the rest of the Animated figures in the line, and have pushed back release dates for the remaining waves until March or later. Poison Ivy in particular is being pushed back to the later half of wave 3b all the way out in June. I honestly can't say I'm upset about that... The main reason is that they're replacing the plastic used in the smaller joints, and that should alleviate much of the problem people have been having with breakages. Plus, gives me some time to save up a bit... these figures are not so cheap that I was relishing the idea of getting 5 of them in the next couple months. Wave 3b is the one that'll really hurt though, what with Ivy, TNBA Robin, and Harley all in the same wave.

Still debating on BTAS Joker... of the two styles, he's the one I'd want... but... meh. In my mind, the best design was his RotJ/JLU appearance, and I'd really prefer that to either one. I'll see what my budget it like come March.

bat1987

Tons of new DCC stuff, including the previously revealed Batmobile:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/02/dc-collectibles-unveils-btas-batmobile-dc-icons-action-figures/

http://www.mtv.com/news/2076881/batman-animated-series-batmobile-dc-collectibles/

Icons series is a good idea, and Reis is a good inspiration choice. Personally have no interest in any of the revealed ones, but I'm sure lots of folks are gonna be happy. I like the fact they are combining "pre new 52" and "new52" designs, there is something for everyone. Never thought I'd see cosmic treadmill as an accessory, or Felicity in action figure form.

JeyNyce

I must get that Batmobile!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

Hrm.

Not really in love with wave 5, if I'm to be honest. I think Bane is the only one I really want out of the bunch. Phantasm is decent, but I have no attachment to the character and I don't care that much for the modified Batman head sculpt, so the two pack's an easy pass. Mad Hatter, while not a bad sculpt, is a version of the character I've never cared for. Scarecrow I've discussed already (I like it, but I'd have taken the BTAS version as well). And Nightwing... that thing might well be the most disappointing figure out of the entire line for me.

No, seriously, that thing is bad. The neck is too long, the head is too big, the proportions on the body are ridiculous even by TNBA standards (look at those feet! They're thinner than his eyes!)... and why did they raise the logo on the chest? It's NEVER been raised in any of the artwork from the show.

JeyNyce

I never really knew how much Tomato was into figures until just now.  WOW!

Tomato

... I don't know how to respond to that, really. Like... I've NEVER made any secret of the fact that I am crazy into action figures. I'd say I probably spend more time on them than I EVER have reading comics (which frustrates my dad, which always floors me because he's the one who always spent $100+ every couple weeks on comics).

Admittedly though, I'm more critical with this line than I would be of some other lines out there. I set aside 2-3 years worth of work collecting every single character in the mattel/kenner animated series style (even customizing a few) to start collecting this line because of how much better the figures have been overall... so I see a character I was REALLY looking forward to looking just awful (and really, I didn't go into half the problems that figure has based on that image. I'm REALLY hoping that's not it), and it's a little frustrating.

Tomato

So, Toy Fair is happening. Obviously there's a lot happening that I haven't seen, but what I have has me more or less excited, even though I don't plan on getting most of it. The Riddler and Penguin figures look even better in person than in the solicit images (there's even an in-person shot at Nightwing, who is... better. Not good perhaps, but better) so that's cool. The Amazon exclusive Avengers 2: AoU wave is neat in that it more or less rounds out the Avengers (no Quicksilver, Vision, or Scarlet Witch tho) but I'm not really partial enough to the new designs to buy any of them. Hawkeye in particular puzzles me... it's clearly a new figure, but they did the coat-less version of the outfit, which is basically the same figure they did a few years ago.

bat1987

So the Icons line is apparently 6-inch scale, there goes my interest in it. Wouldn't fit with any Bat stuff I have right now. I did watch the TNI interview with DCC (lots of cool stuff about animated line as well) and they clearly hinted at more Capullo figures so yay :thumbup:

Batmobile with light up features sounds like a really cool display piece I must say. Even if I dot get into animated line fully (financial reasons), only having TAS Batman and Robin in the batmobile (they fit inside) would be great.

JeyNyce

Tomato, when I said that, I meant it with all good intention and with all respect.  You are the man when it comes to action figures.

The only reason I want the Batmobile is to get a figure for it.  It would go nice with the 66 Batmobile and Batman figure I have already.

Tomato

I didn't really take it disrespectfully, I was just confused... It would be like me having a conversation with Benton and suddenly going "wow, I just realized how much you like Aquaman."

Anyway, I still don't know how I feel about the batmobile yet. I have a TNBA batmobile already, but I think I wanna get this one anyway just to increase the chances of an Arkham series Batmobile.

JeyNyce

Midtown Comic facebook page has pic of the Batmobile as well as a cool Walking Dead playset

https://www.facebook.com/midtowncomics?fref=photo

bat1987

:o
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=18585

Amazing! Love the Chameleon with alternate heads, I can definitely see people buying multiples. We prolly wouldn't have seen JJJ or Hammerhead otherwise. Rhino (too bad he's a BAF here) and Kraven look great as well.

DCC's Arkham Shiva looks great as well.

Tomato

So the solicitations for September came in from DCC, apparently that Bruce Wayne figure from the Arkham series is part of a five pack (I should have guessed from the toy fair display). I was thinking of getting him too, but even canceling my arkham knight preorder that's still a bit steep.

JeyNyce

JeyNyce

bat1987

Ya that thing is insane in both how good it is and how much it costs. Tnx but no tnx, lol.

Hot Toys are masters of high end collectibles and this piece just further proves it.

Tomato

Yeah, that's a bit over my price range. Every so often I consider getting a HT, but then I remember I need to eat occasionally.

JeyNyce

JeyNyce

JeyNyce

JeyNyce

Tomato

Meh... Something about this rubs me the wrong way. Not the idea of an action figure line specifically for girls (that's actually kinda awesome) but more the idea that, in order for it to work, they have to make all these heroes and villains teenagers with cutesy stories and such. You would never do that with a male superhero line targeted to boys, so why isn't just having freaking wonder woman enough.

JeyNyce

bat1987

http://www.mtv.com/news/2159262/arkham-knight-exclusive-figures/

AK wave 2. Solid line-up, and the figures look great. That Catwoman though looks like the best figure of her they ever made, best in the scale period. Depending on how she fits with the comic figures, might end up getting her.

bat1987

So DCC facebook page is nearing 275k likes, if they get to that number by the start of SDCC next week they are gonna reveal even more product, as shown here. So I usually don't do this kind of thing, but they could reveal some really cool stuff so if you can like the facebook page and tell your friends about it :)

https://www.facebook.com/DCCollectibles?fref=ts