News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Assassins and Other Strangeness

Started by BentonGrey, July 19, 2014, 12:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks, I'm putting together a new set of characters for Marvel Adventures, and I'll use this thread to request feedback and advice on any that give me pause. 

Updating things for the next wave, I'm looking for herofile ideas for these guys:

Elektra
Powerman (Luke Cage)
Iron Fist
Moon Knight
Chemistro
Crossbones
Taskmaster
The Beetle
Tombstone
Stiltman
Kingpin

Any and all input welcome!  I'm not super familiar with most of these characters, so tell me what y'all think about them and how you see them fitting in FF.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

trebean

For Bullseye, (I used DJ's mesh for this, but you can easily change the skin files to suit your own incarnation, I personally use TUE's skin with the extras copied over from the standaed skin)
I try to differientate his sniper attacks by making one have a high chance of stun and damage but is a little low on the accuracy to simulate him trying to aim on something like a pressure point in the human body that requires absolute focus for him and stillness for his target.
Then there's the standard snipe that has a ridiculously high accuracy but not as damaging as the one above.
I often try to make his lesser ranged attacks to have special properties like making his card throw to be a poison tipped card throw that has an aerial spawn of 2 and contact of 3.
I add something of like a flashbang that stuns and blinds his foes to allow him to get away easily from tight spots.

bat1987

I had couple of different projectiles for Bullseye too. Like you I always look for a way to differentiate them.

Maybe something like this:

-Pistol has the longest range, is the most accurate but costs more than the other 2

-What I do with cards is make him throw 3 at the same time, no additional effects, but lower cost and dmg than gun

-Shuriken can be a bit lower on dmg then cards but have it chain hit with high stun

Xenolith

Porcupine:

His original suit was armor, and he had some gas grenade things in his chest.  I can't recall what his newer suit did, but I do know it shot quills.  I made a cone FX for it a few years ago.

BentonGrey

Thanks guys, you've given me some great ideas, and I think I've got some good builds!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Here's another couple of questions:

Should the Blizzard be Frozen material?  I get the impression that he's just a guy in a suit, so he should be flesh, right?  Anything clever y'all do with him?

Crossbones, what's your plan, man?
God Bless

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 30, 2014, 04:03:47 AM
Here's another question: Should the Blizzard be Frozen material?  I get the impression that he's just a guy in a suit, so he should be flesh, right?

The Blizzards that I made in the past were typically Flesh (on some occasions, Metal), so yeah, I would say that Flesh would suit him better.

Frozen and Metal subtype could be added in the M25AI documentation if you want certain bonuses to apply to him.

BentonGrey

So, new question gents.  I'm working on some of Hulk's enemies, and I need help putting together the U-Foes.  I know nothing about them other than their one appearance in A:EMU.

:EDIT: Does anyone have herofiles for the Illuminati and X-Men Super Skrulls?
God Bless

spydermann93

Are you referring to the modern Illuminati? If so, you're in luck!  All you'll need is Dr. Strange and you're good to go! :P

Spoiler

EDIT: Mixing my posts up, haha :P

Jimaras8

Benton i can send you my Bullseye, Dr Strange and Super Skrulls hero files if this will help you.

Edit: Could you pm your e-mail? It seems i have lost it somewhere in the dimensions of magic!

Jimaras8

Benton i could send you a kraven hero file and you can tell me if you find it interesting or not  ;). I tried to combine jungle projectiles with Kraven hunter instict. A good idea that came to me the other day is that Kraven should have a summoner attribute so he can call his lion (don't ask me its name, it's russian  :P). That could give him the edge over stronger opponents. I am sending you the hf Benton.

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  I'm back working on my MA mod again, and I have a new set of characters I'm trying to perfect.

What do you do with the following folks?:

Elektra
Powerman (Luke Cage)
Iron Fist
Moon Knight
Chemistro
Crossbones
Taskmaster
The Beetle
Tombstone
Stiltman
Kingpin

Any and all input welcome!  I'm not super familiar with most of these characters, so tell me what y'all think about them and how you see them fitting in FF.

I'm working on Luke Cage and Iron Fist specifically at the moment, and I'm trying to figure out how to balance them against my other characters.  How does IF rate, in terms of martial arts skill, against someone like Cap or Black Panther?  Does he rate one of the Combat Skill attributes?
God Bless

Jimaras8

Benton hey, always glad to help you shape your work. I will send you my IF, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Crossbones, taskmaster, KIngpin and Beetle hero files so you get an idea. As you know i always try to make my files as close to yours as they intended yo be built in MA eventually. I don't if have been close enough to what you would do so tell what you think.

IF is definitely up there with Cap, they had a fight back in the first issues of the IF run where he inflitrated the Avengers Mansion. The fight ended in tie as of course they both realized they were good guys. IF along with Shang-Chi are the best Kung-Fu fighters in the Marvel U and among the best martial artists in general. I think BP would have the edge in a fight with IF due to the vibranium suit and his gadgets. IF wears just clothes really. I would go with a swift and precise fighter with his Iron Fist taking most of his energy as he can't use it more than twice a day. He isn't very durable but he is highly discplined and calm. Focus on speed and damage for me.

Luke Cage is pretty much the opposite. He is street level, rough bu extremely versatile. His unbreakable skin can block pretty much everything, even acid. He can feel pain though. He is stubborn and maybe a little clumsy, certainly not as well-traine das IF. They pretty much cover each other's drawbacks and strengths. I think a built closer to your Colossus is fine just with less strenth as Luke is 30 tons max while Piotr can go up to 100.

I am sending the hfs on your way, tell me what you think.

hoss20

Keep in mind that Luke Cage's powers have been amped up, like most heroes, over the years. The "classic" version of Luke had about Spider-man level strength (Superhuman Class 10). I think anything more than this almost disqualifies you from being called a "street level" hero. I know that he's not a street level hero, but with his short run with the Fantastic Four and more recent prominent role with the New Avengers not withstanding, he's always pretty much stayed close to his neighborhood.

For Iron Fist, I gave him Combat Skill (Expert). I also gave him Power Reserve because he is able to focus his Chi to enhance his physical prowess for a short time. I customized it to boost everything but Resistance. I suppose it may not be necessary to Boost Powers, as my hero file only has melee powers, so his fighting would already be enhanced by all of the individual Boost Strength, Speed, Agility, and Endurance options.