“The Official Avatar Request Thread”

Started by Cyber Burn, July 28, 2014, 06:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

jordinoboy

Got to agree again, they look awesome, and the helmet looks good in both pictures, the first is more distinct, but the second was closer to what i wanted. oooh, it's so hard to choose! but i wouldn't change a thing ^^ wouldn't dare impose, i can't do a basic model, no right to tell you what looks good ;)

deanjo2000

I attempted spydermann93's undead Nazi.

I messed up the psd file which then limited me to only the last few layers (I really didn't want to re-draw the earlier bits again) but hopefully you can tell hes dead.
Also I tried to show his heart through a holding chamber in his chest which is a bit of hit and miss.
I'm currently about 40% happy with this one <_<
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

Use some adjustment layers to saturate the skin a little and maybe add a slight green tint to the shadows.

spydermann93

Quote from: deanjo2000 on January 01, 2017, 07:55:07 PM
I attempted spydermann93's undead Nazi.

I messed up the psd file which then limited me to only the last few layers (I really didn't want to re-draw the earlier bits again) but hopefully you can tell hes dead.
Also I tried to show his heart through a holding chamber in his chest which is a bit of hit and miss.
I'm currently about 40% happy with this one <_<

Oh, wow! I wasn't actually expecting you to work on this one, but thank you so very much! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Even though it's a WIP, still very nice to see something of him :D

As Glob was saying, a Green-ish/Grey-ish tint to him would probably do wonders to make him look a bit more "unlively" :P

deanjo2000

spydermann93

Hahaha, that's actually pretty funny! What about trying to make it a pale-greyish color? Maybe that will make him look a bit less Frankenstein :P

deanjo2000

I've put him on mr terrifics mesh so that he has the floating orbs with him, plus a backpack and tubes (not skinned them yet)

spydermann93

That looks incredible, Dean! :o :o :o Definitely better in grey.

I love the idea of Mr. Terrific orbs; my friends adores Mr. Terrific :P

daglob

Is that his heart visible through the window on his chest? You know, with animated textures, you could make his heart beat. It wouldn't really be visible in game, and I don't know really how much that affects performance.

Podmark

Gray was definitely the way to go. Cool design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Neros Urameshi

Quote from: deanjo2000 on December 31, 2016, 11:50:45 AM
Thanks to daglob this is more like your pic.

If theres anything you want adding now's the time to ask :)

Plus some work done on Timesage.

Oh, that guy looks SO awesome!!! I can't wait for the final version! :thumbup:

Neros Urameshi

When it comes to dialogue speaking in cutscenes, Timesage must be speaking, like, through his mask. No mouth on the mask, please.

deanjo2000

I havnt given him a mouth as it wasn't on the pic, it's just a full mask.

Neros Urameshi

Excellent. ^_^

And what do you think of my origin and powers for Timesage?

deanjo2000

Yea they are good but it jumps from universe to universe, unless he is based in a multiverse scenario? I think it works best occupying the freedom force verse. I like the power base.

Cyber Burn

These are fantastic Deanjo. If you don't mind a suggestion, with Macron, you could probably put both the Hood/Hair, and the Helmet on, and have two Skins with one Mesh using Alpha's.

Cyber Burn

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered, for the Chest Straps, have you looked at Tommyboy's "Tyroc" Meshes? He has a couple to choose from, but it might add some additional depth to your Skin (Not that it needs it in any way, this is just a suggestion).

Neros Urameshi

Quote from: deanjo2000 on January 08, 2017, 09:24:58 PM
Yea they are good but it jumps from universe to universe, unless he is based in a multiverse scenario? I think it works best occupying the freedom force verse. I like the power base.
Multiverse scenario of Freedom Force is fitting.

Neros Urameshi

The reason why I think the Multiverse scenario is fitting is because I have a clever idea. You know how the Justice League faced an evil version of them from another universe, right?

Well, that inspires the idea I have in mind: Timesage would bring Man-Bot back to the Freedom Force while clones of him would stay behind to guard the Celestial Clock. Of course, what Timesage did deliberately caused a new universe to be made, and invade the prime Freedom Force universe.

That alternate universe is known as the Nightmare Force, precisely the same as the ones in Alchemiss's nightmare (Curiously, my Steam version of :ffvstr: doesn't seem to have the "Nightmare Minuteman" look like the one with the red eyes and dark colors and all that. Can anyone help me with that?), only with Entropy as the Alchemiss of the Nightmare Force. The Freedom Force- which now includes Timesage, a bunch of new heroes by him and the returning Man-Bot- would then clash against the Nightmare Force in what could be their most intense battles yet!

What do you think of that idea?

Neros Urameshi

This thread hasn't been updated in months.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Neros Urameshi on June 02, 2017, 04:51:03 AM
This thread hasn't been updated in months.

Should I respond with sarcasm or hostility...After such a craptacular day, I should probably keep my mouth closed.

daglob

Neros Urameshi

I want one. My Timesage character, you know.

daglob

Oops! Sorry, I had to go back and re-read to see what was going on. You might PM Dean and see how it is coming. He may have it releasable, just lacking "one more thing". I must have a dozen skins that are 99.9999... finished and really need to do those last few things, but Real LifeTM keeps getting in the way.

deanjo2000

Quote from: daglob on June 02, 2017, 04:33:05 PM
Oops! Sorry, I had to go back and re-read to see what was going on. You might PM Dean and see how it is coming. He may have it releasable, just lacking "one more thing". I must have a dozen skins that are 99.9999... finished and really need to do those last few things, but Real LifeTM keeps getting in the way.
This is 100% true. I'll take a look and see where I'm at on it tomorrow.