News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

X-Men Vs. Brotherhood

Started by BentonGrey, July 29, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which four characters would you choose to SUPPORT your team in a fight with the Brotherhood?

Cyclops
4 (44.4%)
Marvel Girl
2 (22.2%)
Iceman
0 (0%)
Beast
1 (11.1%)
Angel
1 (11.1%)
Storm
6 (66.7%)
Colossus
4 (44.4%)
Nightcrawler
2 (22.2%)
Banshee
2 (22.2%)
Shadowcat
0 (0%)
Wolverine
6 (66.7%)
Gambit
2 (22.2%)
Rogue
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

BentonGrey

Howdy folks!  I'm doing a bit of work on my Marvel mod, and I've been trying to figure out how to apportion some of the team resources in the X-Men campaign.  For several of the upcoming missions, I'm going to have a group of dedicated allies join your chosen team and help them during the mission.  Obviously, these characters won't be available for the mission itself.  I've been having trouble deciding who goes and who stays, so to speak, so I thought I'd put it to the community.  Please choose which FOUR characters you'd like to have be your unselectable allies in a mission that challenges Magneto and the Brotherhood.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

After giving it some thought, this is the group that I am selecting:

Cyclops: Ranged Attacks
Colossus: Physical Strength
Storm: Flier/Ranged Attacks
Wolverine: Brawler/Healing Factor

I'm not s "Storm" fan, but I had to choose her for her Power set.

spydermann93

I'd say that I would have Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, and Storm as my backup buddies.

I choose Colossus, Wolverine, and Rogue as the AI companions as they are all three very tanky and I wouldn't have to worry too much about them falling in combat.  I very hesitantly chose Storm as well since she can fly (stay out of reach, partially) and has a variety of attacks.

I was considering having Beast, Iceman, and Cyclops as the AI companions, but with Pyro being part of the Brotherhood, I think that I can do more damage with Iceman myself than the AI could (AI Iceman would get melted fairly quickly).  Beast isn't as tanky as Wolverine, but he does have some really good damage output.  And with Cyclops, I can pick out the weakest villains to shoot at better than the AI could (until I get the AI tactics to that level, anyways :P).

All the rest of the X-Men I would rather control personally, more often than not, as I feel that I could do more with them than the AI could and especially since most of them are "frail" characters.

Podmark

I presume our playable four come out of the same pool?
I choose Beast, Colossus, Rogue, and Banshee. Essentially I felt the AI would be best utilizing brawlers or ranged characters. And having Rogue (I'm assuming the classic Ms Marvel power set is being used) and Banshee able to fly might increase how long the survive.

Now who would I want to play as? Cyclops and Wolverine for sure. Actually Colossus would probably make that list too. Then probably Gambit or Iceman. Or maybe Jean.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Pod, you assume correctly.  I'll be adding a few more X-Men, like Bishop, Jubilee, and others, into the team eventually (probably with this update), but this is the team as it stands, a mixture of classic, All-New era, and 'toon.

You assume correctly once again about Rogue. 

Alright guys, I'm putting the finishing touches on this mission now, so if any of you want to make changes or get your voice heard, now's the time.  I'll give this a few more days before I make the final selections, but I'm starting to write dialog and customize the mission.

Thanks so much for voting and helping me make these decisions! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/