News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

X-Men Vs. Imperial Guard

Started by BentonGrey, July 29, 2014, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which four characters would you choose to SUPPORT your team in a fight with the Shi'ar Imperial Guard?

Cyclops
2 (33.3%)
Marvel Girl
2 (33.3%)
Iceman
3 (50%)
Beast
0 (0%)
Angel
1 (16.7%)
Storm
2 (33.3%)
Colossus
2 (33.3%)
Nightcrawler
4 (66.7%)
Banshee
3 (50%)
Shadowcat
0 (0%)
Wolverine
3 (50%)
Gambit
1 (16.7%)
Rogue
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

BentonGrey

QuoteHowdy folks!  I'm doing a bit of work on my Marvel mod, and I've been trying to figure out how to apportion some of the team resources in the X-Men campaign.  For several of the upcoming missions, I'm going to have a group of dedicated allies join your chosen team and help them during the mission.  Obviously, these characters won't be available for the mission itself.  I've been having trouble deciding who goes and who stays, so to speak, so I thought I'd put it to the community.

Please choose which FOUR characters you'd like to have be your unselectable allies in a mission that pits you against the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.  Please consider that this takes place AFTER the Brotherhood mission, so we should see a different selection.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Needing to have a different set than the group going up against the Brotherhood, I think I would say:

Banshee: Flier/Ranged Attacks
Iceman: Ranged Attacks
Nightcrawler: Teleportation/Stealth/Melee Attacks
Marvel Girl: Flier/Ranged Attacks

spydermann93

This is very tough as the Imperial Guard are a very diverse group of superaliens, and as such, any of the X-Men have a fair chance of dying under AI control.

A lot of the Imperial Guard are very strong physically (Crushing attacks) and a lot of them have Energy powers, so Colossus would be both really good for the AI (crushing attacks) and really bad (energy attacks).

Wolverine would probably be best suited for the AI since he can heal fairly rapidly and he is resistant to punches.  Since a punch from a Guardsman would typically send Wolverine flying, he would be less suited for the player controlled team as they would be one man down, temporarily, every now and then.

I will have to think about this one some more.

Podmark

Hmm I wish I'd read this before I voted on the first. Might have picked differently.
Essentially my picks would be the same, but for the sake of different selections:
Iceman, Angel, Nightcrawler, Gambit.

The Imperial Guard has a few heavy hitters so I'd probably want to control the Colossus's and Rogue's myself to go head to head. Iceman and Gambit could make some decent support, and honestly I just picked Angel and Kurt for fun. Unless you're doing something fun with their builds they're limited fighters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!  I'll post specific responses later, but I wanted to point something out.

You can change your votes, so feel free to think about all of them in sequence.

Pod, I think I've got some clever ideas with both Angel and Nightcrawler, Pod.  Check them out and see what you think. ^_^
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Alright guys, I'm writing this mission now, so if any of you want to make changes or get your voice heard, now's the time.  I'll give this a few more days before I make the final selections, but I'm starting to write dialog and customize the mission.

Thanks so much for voting and helping me make these decisions! :)
God Bless