Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Seasons Greetings!

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
Re: Star Wars Rebels
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2018, 04:59:39 AM »
Yeah Thrawn though...  :thumbup:

It's almost not exactly how I would have imagined him, but actually much better.  Like going back to when I read Heir to the Empire, it's pretty much what I was reading coming off the page.  The way he looked, sounded, the way he acted and all the things he did was EXACTLY what I thought it would be before I knew what it could be.

Additionally:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully, by the next series we can see MORE Legends characters brought over to Canon.  STILL patiently waiting for Revan, Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Dash Rendar, Xizor, Kyle Katarn, C'Boath, Mara Jade(though those latter few might be a little problematic for continunity).   

Looking forward to what Filoni comes up with next!

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
Re: Star Wars Rebels
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2018, 10:21:05 AM »
Yeah Thrawn though...  :thumbup:

It's almost not exactly how I would have imagined him, but actually much better.  Like going back to when I read Heir to the Empire, it's pretty much what I was reading coming off the page.  The way he looked, sounded, the way he acted and all the things he did was EXACTLY what I thought it would be before I knew what it could be.

It wasn't that surprising that Thrawn turned out so well considering that Filoni was a Thrawn fanboy. He made that clear from the early days of Clone Wars when he adapted the "Thrawn Maneuver" for a space battle in one of the first arcs of the show, admitting that in the web featureless that accompany each episode.

Additionally:

"If you put out a story that needs supplementary reading in order for it to be coherent, then's it's a BAD story! If you thought it was that important, you shoulda put it in the actual damn comic!"
~Linkara, Atop the Fourth Wall Final Crisis review