For those who are making a Moses Magnum herofile...

Started by ElijahSnowFan, August 13, 2014, 07:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElijahSnowFan

Hi, all!

DM (thanks, again!!!) made an excellent Moses Magnum skope/skin off a request from me, so I kinda felt it was my responsibility to walk the character through, for those who might not have seen him too often -- his first powered appearance was way back in Uncanny X-Men 118 and 119, back in 1979!

So I just wanted to pop on here and say that the Marvel Database page here http://marvel.wikia.com/Moses_Magnum_%28Earth-616%29, if that is what you use for reference materials, isn't really reflective of exactly what powers he clearly showed in battle with the X-Men. (I tend to go with "first appearances" as the baseline for building herofiles).

But in Uncanny X-Men 119, these powers and abilities were clearly displayed by Magnum that might not be entirely clear, or listed at all, on the Database page:

1. Super Strength: Magnum lifted Colossus in his armored form with one hand, then punched him THROUGH A METAL WALL, where an airborne Colossus had to dig his hands into the ground to keep himself from flying over a cliff -- after going about 50 feet "like a rocket."

2. Combat Expertise: He knocked out Wolverine with one punch -- while simultaneously taking on Cyclops and Sunfire.

3. Enhanced Durability: Cyclops ordered Sunfire to seek Storm and Banshee's help, because, as Sunfire noted, "Magnum is taking our strongest energy beams and laughing them off."

4. Omnidirectional Energy Release: Magnum generated enough energy to not only destroy an island, but to burn out Banshee's power and leave him in a coma...FOR 10 DAYS. (Banshee was able to contain the blast by reflecting it with his sonic scream.)

5. Minions and Mechs: Magnum also summoned MKII Mandroids to do his bidding!

So, there you go! Have fun! But be careful if/when you do make a Moses Magnum herofile...because Moses Magnum Means Murder!  :thumbup: :thumbup:

detourne_me

Nice stuff!
I think I'm gonna have to revisit the skope to beef up his keyframes!
I wonder why this guy isn't used too frequently, he could be a pretty awesome arch-nemesis, or even avengers level behind the scenes bad guy.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: detourne_me on August 13, 2014, 10:11:07 PM
Nice stuff!
I think I'm gonna have to revisit the skope to beef up his keyframes!
I wonder why this guy isn't used too frequently, he could be a pretty awesome arch-nemesis, or even avengers level behind the scenes bad guy.

Oh, he absolutely could -- he has repeatedly been shown to have mechanical expertise and wealth. As a matter of fact, in one of those Uncanny issues, it was stated that he took over from Tony Stark as the "arms manufacturer of the world."

In Uncanny 119, the X-Men actually didn't beat him. He withdrew to blow up Japan, because they dared send the X-Men to attack him. TBH, he was pretty much handing them their arses -- in pure Silver/Platinum Age goodness, he declined to kill Cyclops, even though he could, because he had better things to do. So he summoned his Mandroids to do it.

I won't even lie: I had a ton of fun with your skope/skin today. I can't skin and can do some basic skoping, but nothing like you did/do.

But one thing I can do is write a ton about comics/herofiles, because of my OCD.  ;) So if you found that useful, I'm really glad, because sometimes I wish I had a little more to offer the community.  :mellow: